What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 20/03

Options

Comments

• YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I agree you sound so upbeat about it HK, very humbling.

DS1 must be in love. Normally he can beat me for being frugal but has bought his gf a little tub of icecream because its her favourite - it was £5!!!

Lots of washing dried outside, meal from stores, feel quite on track - although we have put the heating on a bit as its been so cold. Lots of paid stuff tomorrow and a Pilates class, free on my gym membership.

And Maria lambs in coats - just awwww.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ziggy2407 wrote: »
    Good Morning All

Slept well and feeling a little brighter, spent time with mum this morning, was lovely and very much a "good" day. Brilliant sunshine and blue skies interrupted briefly by very heavy hailstone shower. Today's little list:

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Hairdresser @ home - Done
    Declutter magazines to hairdresser - Done/COLOR]Wait for freeglers - No, didn't turn up :mad:
    Relist a few bits for sale - Done
    Continue purge on emails - Done
    Enter a few comps - Done a few
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer - Done
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL - Done
    Read (need to pick a new book from shelf) - Done

Have a great day all!

C x

Also managed to add a few more bits to the charity box.

Night all x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I still haven't found time to catch up on the thread hope to do that before I go to sleep tonight.

DFW list:
    Turn off lights and appliances not in use.
    RMS, correctly delivered
    Ongoing ipsos survey
    Lots of surveys
    Didn't light the fire
    Minimal heating
    Made birthday cards
    Stuck to meal plan
    B/L/D from stores
    Made bread, doesn't look as good as OH's, tastes as good :)
    Checked bank accounts
    Free education and entertainment
    Did not wash my hair
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Quick post before bed. Long, long day involved not getting home until 7 and a good 2-3 hours work when I got home. If only I got overtime :(

Did manage to eat left over spag Bol and made extra pasta so I can take tomorrow for lunch. Also soaked stale sour dough today and squished water out and made bread pudding. Chucked in 4 glac! cherries left from Christmas and 3 very small manky apples, including one that was returned from dad lunch box with a bite out. Was lovely. DH taking some to work.

Washing shuffle done and another load on overnight on cheap. £15.44 moved to savings from surveys and requested another £2 something from £co - 2 days on the trot. Resisted buying something in line tonight as they want 95p to collect from their own shop or £3.95 delivery. Neither are really worth it.

5 bargain personalised Easter eggs arrived. None broken. Got sweets for mum for Mother's Day (took me over for free delivery, so effectively no cost) and a free gift of a decent box of fudge. Later will go in dads birthday present as if they stay here, I'll eat them !!! Right must switch off another busy day ahead tomorrow.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'm feeling back to my normal self now, bizarrely my dentist called today to check how I was?? I don't know if that is part of their normal service or whether the extraction wasn't strictly run of the mill and that's why I've been feeling so shell shocked.

I did a bit more garden tidying, cooked a proper dinner and actually tackled some ironing for once :eek:

I've listed a couple of furniture items on the bay of e and one has 7 watchers already, I'm taking this as a good sign :T

I did the final reductions YS run and was quite restrained, I just got three spicy sweet potato and bean tortillas for all our lunches tomorrow and a pack of tomatoes. I passed on some pulled beef ready meals as I knew the Eastern European girl wanted them and ditto two deconstructed beef burrito salad thingys that Mr Grabby had his eye on. It's all quite civilised now with people offering to share but I don't want one of everything, I'd rather have several of the same thing so I felt better about taking three of the tortillas if they got what they wanted also (plus I don't have a lot of space in the freezer anyway.)

Time for some shut eye now, goodnight all!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 March 2017 at 1:31AM
    Options
    Quick update from me - but will come back tomorrow (or today as it's after midnight).
    Nephew's funeral was held today - I knew it would be hard but this was an understatement :(
    Very spendy day but there was no question of not being there for brother & his family - although some money saving was included. Will update tomorrow in case it's of any use to anyone else.
    Anyhow - after leaving the house @ 5.15 am Tuesday & getting home @ 11.30 pm - I am officially knackeypooed - & as I was the driver I had 6 hrs driving in that time (thankfully DH drove home from airport to house)

Zzzzz
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • fendi-bag-lady
    fendi-bag-lady Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 March 2017 at 7:02AM
    Options
    Morning all, pretty miserable day here, wish I could be spending it cosy at home but oh well!

Thanks CLF, glad to be back! Wow, BB that’s amazing news. Always so bittersweet when it’s inheritance money though. How very kind of your grandmother she must have been a wonderful woman. Hope you’re ok after the funeral ClottiesMum. Thank you to ziggy2407 for mentioning Ashleigh, number plate lotto and lucky phone yesterday. I have now signed up to these too.

Today I’m planning on spending much of the day at the library working on my essay. Then afterwards I can tackle my ever growing list of things to do. On top of my full time job I have an 8,000 word essay and 20 minute presentation to do before 7th of April and I’m moving into a flatshare the following day so trying to pack up and throw out as I go along…..stressful! Anyway……today’s plans are:

• [STRIKE]Check bank account[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Check FPL / Ashleigh / Number plate lotto / lucky phone[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Enter competitions[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]PAD[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]B & D from cupboard, make packed lunch[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Pack / Bin / Bag for charity shop/Ebay 100 things for moving[/STRIKE] Yay! feel like I'm starting to make a very small dent in all the junk I own!
    • [STRIKE]Charge phone / tablet / laptop at library[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Go to uni early to get a free parking space[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Put gammon in slow cooker for tomorrow’s dinner [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Take bag of things to charity shop[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Walk to Asda to get tomatoes [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Take car to garage and try to get some money back that I don’t think I should have had to pay (£15)[/STRIKE] can't/won't help :mad:
    • [STRIKE]Walk into town and take clothes back – DO NOT buy anything else [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Take library book back[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Buy brown paper to wrap up things for moving[/STRIKE] Home Bargains didn't have any so I'll pop to B&M over the weekend and get some there
    • Iron clothes and take photos for Ebay
    • [STRIKE]Phone Sky and give them notice I’m moving/leaving[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Try on some clothes I found in a cupboard yesterday[/STRIKE] nothing fits....as predicted!
    • [STRIKE]Washing on airer[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Tidy out fridge[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Update signature[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Update spending diary[/STRIKE]

Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!

Lx
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2017 at 12:06PM
    Options
    Morning fendi-bag-lady! Just a thought with the packing that my oh installed in me (until we moved here 4 1/2 years ago I was a serial mover and moved houses 3 times in as many years!) he got me to do 10 minutes every day leading up to the move for about a month. You know the saying "I can do anything for 10 minutes"? Quite often I would get into it and do more once I was motivated. But if I only did 10 minutes it was 10 minutes less to do. The last move we did we got everything done using this method in a month. On the last night in our old house the only things left out was our clothes, matress & bedding and kettle, plate & cups for breakfast in the morning. No matter how busy you are I bet you can find 2 or 3 10 minute slots in each day

clootiesmum hope you're ok x

Well I have been up since 5.15! Fairly unproductive I must say although I have checked banking, started to reconcile accounts, checked on seedlings in the greenhouse (sadly I put my tomato seedlings in the GH yesterday and forgot to bring them in so 5 have carked it! :( ) & read martin's email

Today I need/want to:
    [STRIKE]
    * hang out washing until lunchtime when it's due to rain[/STRIKE]
    * Make mother's day card with madam for dd
    * make my wormery :j need to clean out the trays to get rid of the fish smell (:eek:) and find some way to plug the holes I need some form of mess to cover the holes in the side as they are too big. Time is ticking! first stage of washing with cold water done. Waiting for them to dry off then will wash with hot soapy water
    * make the brownies & cheese straws with madam
    * Hopefully finishing digging over the beds in the garden. Shouldn't take much more than 1/2 hour
    * take madam to the park this morning before the weather turns
    * [STRIKE]list 4 things on fleabay.[/STRIKE] Carrie I finally listed 2 things yesterday. I'm going to try to list 3 things a day for the rest of the month (so have 1 from yesterday to do!)
    * flylady
    * all meals from stores
    * just bought a garden table & chairs set off of shpock for £20 and need to collect early evening. Needs a bit of love but perfect for our garden plans :money:

Ok that'll do! Happy Wednesday guys :A
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 March 2017 at 11:05PM
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Hope you are ok after the funeral Clootiesmum :(
    Happykitties, I agree, you are amazing to cope with all that!

I have little GD again today, and she is on the sofa with my phone watching paw patrol again - not ideal, but I am recovering from a migraine which wiped me out from Monday afternoon, so I will let her be for a while. I have baking and Mothers Day card making planned for later though! We made (and ate) pancakes, built a flying train with the stickle bricks and painted a rainbow for Mummy's day :) Though paw patrol did feature prominently as well :rotfl: Poor little thing is ill with yet another cough and cold, and went off to sleep on the sofa after lunch - I only let her sleep for half an hour though! She hasn't lost her appetite at least, she ate loads today :rotfl:

Moneysaving things will be fairly minimal - I have even put the heating on, as it is freezing cold and pouring with rain :(

Ebay parcel taken to corner shop for courier to collect Done
    Another one to wrap and post (posting might have to wait till tomorrow, but I can get it ready) All wrapped and ready for the post office tomorrow morning :)
    DD brought round some nice fresh eggs from her hens and ducks :)
    HM meals - I have sausages out for lunch as they are GD's favourite, and OH made a shepherds pie to pop in the oven for tonight :A Done
    Must start a shopping list as I am running out of things again :(Done
    Check for surveys later, I am getting close to payout on onepoll :T Only managed to find one for yougov today :( However, I am getting near payout for this one as well :)

If I achieve anything else I will be very pleased!

I discovered we had run out of marmalade (which is a big thing for OH!), so made some using some nasty sour little tangerines that I had frozen for this purpose, some lemon halves also frozen, a whole lemon from the fridge and a big orange from the fruit bowl, about 600g of fruit in total. Made 3 and a half jars which should keep him going for a week or two! It tastes lovely and fresh and tangy too :D I used a bag of preserving sugar from the larder, so no extra spends
    :)

Definitely feeling better, and hoping to get more done tomorrow :T
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning All

Clootiesmum - sending love and best wishes
    Fendi Bag Lady - Welcome back

Today's little list:

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done