Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If anyone is wondering, the snow showers we had vanished and yes I did manage to get OH away from work at a reasonable time today :j

We went and got our free bags of Thorntons chocs - we have a small store in an outlet type shopping centre - sadly no coffee ones so I got the orange crisp ones although I don't know why as the sticky bits annoy my teeth :D
    £3 each - silly price.

Then we went to the Marks outlet place in search of leggings and I found the type with the very wide waist band - the sort we all got with various Sparks offers last year but sadly they don't seem to be stocked anymore in stores.

These were buy one get one half price so 2 pairs for £13.50 - pleased with this as I live in leggings now with 180 denier thick tights underneath, always a frozen huddled heap, that's me :D
    (3 layers on the bottom half plus socks under the boots and 6 layers on the top half - bra,vest, long sleeved tshirt, thin jumper, winter pinafore/knitted dress plus either cardigan/jacket/fleece :)

When we went to the till I asked and the girl said I could use my Marks credit voucher and she could also scan my sparks card for points :T

Also by chance looking on the mens clearance section I found a really nice looking black lined double breasted pea jacket with a funnel collar in OHs size - he has never even tried this sort of jacket before so I passed it to him to try on and it fitted and looked fabulous :T It had a security tag on it so the till girl said it might have originally come from a London store - they don't even have a gizmo for removing them so she had to go to the shop next door to get it removed :D
    £19 :j

OH is thrilled to bits with it - OK its a bit like the jackets Danny Dyer wears (I know he gets on everyone's wick but I have a bit of a crush ... :)

Marks mens jackets start at £99 and got up to £179 this season ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    Just looking at the free drink this month for Piture and Piano owned by Marstons) and oddly the Chester one wasnt on the location list so I went to their FB page and they are closing on March 17th :mad:

So many nice lunchtime drinks we have had over the years

now we have to go all the way to Birmingham ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    Options
    Is there any AP experts about?

OH has gone to his app and all the vouchers seem to have vanished - how do we find them again?

The app was only used at the end of February and the list of vouchers was there
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    She is working very hard big Moc. She is so passionate about what she does and she does it well. I don't know how she does it and life in General is keeping her very busy she's just adopted an elderly neighbours chicken:rotfl:
    I shall tell her you were asking x

Please send my love to our fair lady aswell.
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    If it’s what I’ve had, I’m very impressed you even tried!

Morning folks.

I wish I hadnt :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Sorry bubbs I wasn’t ignoring you:p. I was flashed at:eek:

It just appeared as s banner on my account.

Could you throw a good main dish and perhaps a breakfast dish my way Rhos .......I’d be very grateful. I lost sleep over it last night. I think I’ll have to be sneaky at work today and do some vegan googling:D

hi sorry just seen this now had another busy day made worse with snow :eek::eek:. and no where was gritted, there where a lot of crashes and delays on the road.

keep it simple tm
    lentil shepherds pie with sweet potato mash is a decent main that we have found most meat eaters will eat as well,it was our most popular dish at cafe. and serve roast veg etc. or did you want something posher,for breakfast cereal is a good stand by with soya or rice milk:rotfl::rotfl: but if you want to do a fry up for everyone get linda maccartney sausages, fried mushrooms, tomatoes hash browns , beans you can also do scrambled torfu,add some veggies etc, but I dont rate it personally.

if you want lentil shepherds pie recipe or something else let me know xxxxx
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    British Large Whole Chicken 1.55-1.95Kg only £2.25 @ Tesco (from tomorrow 09/03)
    £2.25
    From hotdeals
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    Options
    WonTwo, £1 main meal deal lasting a week at La Taska, los Guano, Caffe Red, Bella Italy. Any time, Except Saturday and Momma Sunday.,

Going out for £1 lunchy, some free fishy wishes, muffin Wustlers and Thornie Choccies By the time I do all that, it may be time for another £1 meal BURP!

Please can I ask about the wuntoos meal offers - can you go to all of the restaurants or is it just one?

I took OH to BI this afternoon - he was gobsmacked at the £1 meal offer :D I just got chips to go with our meal (watched them come out of the fryer and stand on the hatch for 5 mins before being collected so I sent them back as they were cold by the tine they were put in our table. I asked for fresh ones )
    I used a live2shop voucher and 50p in real money :)
  • bubbs
    Options
    The Mother of All Steaks - 454g - £4.99 instore @ Aldi

Hellmanns tomato ketchup 473g 2 for £1 @ heron foods

From hotdeals
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Soo_Hal
    Soo_Hal Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    I believe they are of similar size to current credit meters if I were you and you were thinking of smart meters I would wait for the roll out of smets 2 which is the 2nd generation of smart meters only reason behind it, if you switch with the current smart meters they lose there smart functionality and you have to read them manually 2nd generation smart meters allow you to switch and keep the smart functionality. The in home display can be put anywhere in the house but some are advised to keep near to where your meters are
    To be honest I know that some of the online tariffs are better than prices being offered with smarts, iv not had them installed yet and not rushing lol

I have had multiple calls of people saying the boiler wouldn’t come back on after engineers have exchanged the meters and for most we’ve had to get engineers out and fix it, I think they are good for those who want to watch their energy usage to try and cut back but my personal opinion is if you already watch and cut back where you can then smart meter (other than tariff) isn’t going to help that much. Also if your meters are quite far away from each other your gas might not be smart because it piggy backs off the electric meter to send data over
    Hth
  • bubbs
    Options
    Finish powerball pack £3 instore @ ASDA

Large Cadburys Creme Egg Layers of Joy trifle £1 @ Heron
    £1
    From hotdeals
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure