My New Frugal Life

Comments

• Newfrugallife
    Newfrugallife Posts: 102 Forumite
    edited 29 October 2017 at 5:57PM
    Plan for tomorrow and rough plan for the week ahead...

Monday - take son to school/pick up
    Food shop for Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
    Need to sort front garden, we have very moany neighbors and I’ve noticed one of our plants is pushing on their fence. It’s only a matter of time before they complain! Yes they that petty! Like I’m meant to control the nature. But I caught them once chopping our plants over the fence, so best to prevent it.
    Ideally will cut the grass sort back garden as well, as it looks a lovely day tomorrow.
    Need to continue with my deep clean and do the living room/playroom at the minimum.
    Need to drop a card and present for nephew.
    Also I’m hoping to do an open university course and just waiting on the student finance, would be good to do some studying.
    And I’ve not started on my personal reading yet.

The rest of the week continue with the cleaning and sorting the house, hopefully studying, and these are the initial plans for each day (more to be added depending how I will get on Monday)
    Tuesday - do Halloween pumpkins, sons football
    Wednesday - coffee at friends house, parents evening
    Thursday - my open uni assignment is due and should know by now if I’m eligible for the student finance loan
    Friday - have sons friends to play. Food shop for sat/sun/mon
  • Newfrugallife
    Newfrugallife Posts: 102 Forumite
    edited 30 October 2017 at 7:10PM
    Food - £222.12 (-27.88)
    Family entertainment- £82.80
    Everything else - £20 (-£20 present, -£10 haircut)
    Emergency- £20

Food - £166.53 (-£27.88/ -£55.59)
    Family entertainment- £82.80
    Everything else - £20 (-£20 present, -£10 haircut)
    Emergency- £20

Can’t stick to the food budget arghhh!

Food shop - DONE
    Front garden - DONE
    Dining room/ play room - DONE
    Clothes wash -DONE
    Back garden, cut grass - DONE
    Drop nephew present after school -DONE
    Open uni
    Book
  • Plan for tomorrow:
    If the weather good, do a bit more gardening, trim the bushes in back garden
    More cleaning and sorting the house
    Finally do some studying
    Start on those books
    Take son to football
    Halloween, watch some scary movies. The youngest finally doesn’t want to go treat or treating as feels too old woohoo! (First year he doesn’t want to go, I always hated it as it feels like begging). But we do have sweets for any kids that do come (although will be at football until 7.45)
    We will do pumpkins tonight as no time tomorrow!
  • We keep our food bill down by going to when our local Asda has loads on the reduced counter. Then it goes straight in the freezer - maybe that will help?
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Hi Newfrugallife I am enjoying your diary. I also shop mainly at @ldi but also check L!dl's weekend deals too. This weekend they have sausages down to 79p so I will probably stock up on those. On other weekends I have bought dishwasher tablets, toilet rolls, olive oil, cheese and butter.......and wine...all usually half price so worth stocking up on anything you use.

Will watch with interest how you get on with your new life
  • jlwhite
    jlwhite Posts: 121 Forumite
    This is great to read and has inspired me to do something about our debts and get a emergency fund going.

With the dog sitting are you registered with the council? I think you have to be registered if you offer dog boarding in your own home as we have had issues finding people near us in the past.
  • jlwhite wrote: »
    This is great to read and has inspired me to do something about our debts and get a emergency fund going.

With the dog sitting are you registered with the council? I think you have to be registered if you offer dog boarding in your own home as we have had issues finding people near us in the past.

Morning, I’m doing dog sitting through this website called dog buddy. They take a cut for insurance which is essential in case there’s an issue with the dog, dog damages something or bites etc. But you are counted as self employed so would need tax return (but I would be no where near limit) and if your council requires then you might need to register. But I haven’t heard anything from my council? It’s a bit like looking after your friends dog, would you need to register for that?
  • Thank you for reading my diary Busy me and Michelle and your comments.
  • I’ve been thinking about my food budget and I must must have at least two cheapy meals a week. It’s very hard to do veggie with 3 fussy eaters but I will do pasta bake and beans/eggs on toast. Might add more ideas as I go along...
    So on Friday I am aiming for a super cheap food shop, therefore pulling back my spending to the original budget.
    Other than the food budget issue everything else is ticking along smoothly so far :)
  • What are you studying?
    Interest rate 1.25%, offset mortgage Woolwich
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family