iSoftStone

Options

Comments

• MallRat
    MallRat Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone from the Fresh news project around? If so, do YOU understand what's going on with our hours..? :huh:
  • extraJam
    extraJam Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    MallRat wrote: »
    Anyone from the Fresh news project around? If so, do YOU understand what's going on with our hours..? :huh:

Yes, still here :) I'm guessing by now everyone's used to the new system, it's a bit odd isn't it. I don't like how there basically isn't any chance to work in evenings any more but actually I've done more hours this month than I usually do because so far the work has been steady. So sort of good, sort of bad..
  • MallRat
    Options
    extraJam wrote: »
    Yes, still here :) I'm guessing by now everyone's used to the new system, it's a bit odd isn't it. I don't like how there basically isn't any chance to work in evenings any more but actually I've done more hours this month than I usually do because so far the work has been steady. So sort of good, sort of bad..

Sorry, just seen this. :) Was annoyed when I posted as I'd got the "daily hours reached" message after only 1.5 hours of working. Then emailed the current PM to find out what was going on, only to be told there wasn't a cap, and that we can work up to 4 hours per day. :huh: I'd assumed those emails we used to get every morning meant we'd all been allocated a certain number of hours for that day, and therefore someone else must've hoovered up some of mine before I'd got the chance.. Only apparently that's not what the emails meant..? :p Anyway, things seem to have improved a bit since. And yeah, it seems to be a matter of getting the hours in as early as possible. Am still getting the cap message occasionally, but usually around the time of day I'm about to stop working anyway. So, am only getting a little less work than I used to overall at the moment.
  • leviatan_velvet
    Options
    Thanks for your reply!! :D In other thread I read that somebody didnt´work for 1 month, and just asked to reactived the account.
    billy*bob wrote: »
    Hi! I doubt it would be possible to work whilst travelling abroad as the role is market/country specific. I've taken a break for two weeks for a holiday with no problem (obviously without pay though!). I'm not sure how much time they would let you take off, but it may be worth asking the project manager?
  • leviatan_velvet
    Options
    Hellooo again! :j I´ve been working with ISS for 2 years, most of the time on W5, but I have done also FN and lately Fresh Intent. 90% of the time I have reached the higher rate and my record is working 12 hours per day. (Yes, this is my only job:(). Nevertheless it seems they are reducing the hours in our market. So I´m thinking in apply for one of the other available companies to compensate the loss.

Here in my country the options are: 1.- ABH with Social Media Evaluator, Web Search Evaluator (I have read you can´t do this with both companies at the same time), Localizer and Crowdsourcing. 2..- Leapforce with Search Engine Evaluator.

Do you have any idea which of these options it´s worth it?
  • leviatan_velvet
    Options
    OK, thanks. Looking at the latest metrics, the main issue for me is the RPH. I can only put this down to being on a "older" laptop. Certainly not lack of experience, as I've been doing this role for coming up to 2 years now, and also did it for a year with Appen before that. So, even if I worked my !!!! off to do the number of hours I needed to qualify, I'd still likely lose out due to my speed being a couple of points below the requirement.

Just been feeling a bit fed up and undervalued recently with the minimum wage now going up to £7.50. So, if there were a load of us stuck on this lower rate (despite doing exactly the same job/passing the metrics each week), I thought we could possibly get together as a group and approach them. Either to ask for some sort of "pay equality", or whether they could switch the payment to US dollars or something..

Luckily, I am also with one of the other SEE companies as well, which IS paying us a decent rate.

May I know which is the other company you are working for? :A
  • MallRat
    Options
    So, am only getting a little less work than I used to overall at the moment.

After saying this, I actually managed to work the most hours last month in coming up to 2 years. Not sure how though. Oh, and I also achieved the higher pay rate for the first time ever, despite working one hour less than the requirements.
    Hellooo again! :j I´ve been working with ISS for 2 years, most of the time on W5, but I have done also FN and lately Fresh Intent. 90% of the time I have reached the higher rate and my record is working 12 hours per day.

Reading this earlier, I thought you'd said you worked 12 hours per day EVERY day, and honestly couldn't understand how without your hands falling off and going blind. :rotfl:
    May I know which is the other company you are working for? :A

Will PM you. :)
  • leviatan_velvet
    Options

Reading this earlier, I thought you'd said you worked 12 hours per day EVERY day, and honestly couldn't understand how without your hands falling off and going blind. :rotfl:

Well, occasionally I have worked 10 hours per day during 5 days in a row, at the beginning my hands hurt, but later they got used to it :T
  • MallRat
    Options
    Well, occasionally I have worked 10 hours per day during 5 days in a row, at the beginning my hands hurt, but later they got used to it :T

I work less than 3 hours per day, and still get a lot of pain in my wrists. I also developed eye stain recently that left me in pain for a week, which was pretty scary. It's my own fault though, as I spend all my spare time online as well due to having nothing better to do.
  • leviatan_velvet
    Options
    I work less than 3 hours per day, and still get a lot of pain in my wrists. I also developed eye stain recently that left me in pain for a week, which was pretty scary. It's my own fault though, as I spend all my spare time online as well due to having nothing better to do.

Ohh I don´t know what is eye stain but it sounds like you should be careful :eek: well, of course, there are a lots of things you could do instead, what about a simple walk around your home or at a park?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback