PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Christmas Eve Meal Ideas

Hi all, just looking for some ideas for our Christmas Eve main meal. There will be 3 adults and 2 children, 3 and 20 months so nothing too fancy just a nice tasty meal.

Any suggestions?

Tia

Comments

• wiogs
    wiogs Posts: 2,744 Forumite
    Curry, Chilli, Lasagne, Steak pie, Quiche, Haggis, Sausage casserole, Soup and nibbles, Scampi and chips, Pizza, Burgers

any sort of preferences?
  • My Fil is fussy with food, very traditional, no sauces, nothing spicy so it limits me a bit. He would like a pie but I may make that out of the turkey leftovers.
  • wiogs
    wiogs Posts: 2,744 Forumite
    Cook what you like and give him an individual pie.

(I have done that before)
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    We always have a buffet on christmas eve.
    The leftovers do us for nibbles for a couple of day after.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • How about a cheese dip with some breadsticks and carrot, cucumber and celery sticks to dip in it, (the small ones should like the veg) followed by a sausage plait (like a big sausage roll) which could be hot or cold depending on what you fancy with tiny jacket potatoes and coleslaw/salad and then a fresh fruit platter with some exotics included like pineapple, pomegranate, papaya, fresh figs along with a cheese board and biscuits. Not too much actual cooking to do just assembly and would be very good natured if you made it ahead and sat it in the fridge.
  • Owl
    Owl Posts: 273 Forumite
    We usually have something simple... Like the Xmas gammon (sneaky slices!) chips and beans. Something simple so our tummies are ready for the extragavance (sp??) that is Xmas day!!
    Children are born with wings .... Teachers help them to fly
    One day your life is going to flash in front of your eyes.... Make sure it's worth watching!!!!!
  • Jacket potato with salad. Fillings could be cheese, tuna, beans etc. do a nice salad with lots of different bits in it.
    Cold meats, new potatoes and salad
    Ham egg and chips
    Baked fish with a cheese sauce and mash and peas
  • We often have egg and chips or a jacket potato with salad.
  • Gammon, chips, egg and mushrooms and peas
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Cold finger buffet. Saves cooking!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts