Solar Panel Guide Discussion

Comments

• shafeeq
    shafeeq Posts: 973
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    shafeeq wrote: »
    Last week I emailed the above person stating that I have not heard anything. This is the reply I got yesterday

"I apologise for the delay in response that you are experiencing for your meter exchange. Unfortunately this is not something that we deal with in our department, however I have escalated the matter for you to ensure a call back is made. I can advise however that it is noted on our systems that you have fulfilled your responsibility and any delay is down to Npower. I would therefore keep this email as written confirmation that we have acknowledged you have done your part in this process.
    Kind Regards,
    Senior Advisor - FIT Admin Team"
    Last time they said to contact them if I don;t hear anything now they are saying it's not their department...... any they state that I have fulfilled my responsibility.. we will see
    Shafeeq

And merry go around continues.... I had a letter asking to phone this number to get the meter changed. So I phoned today. Spoke to advisor.. Oh yes.. first step is that we will fit and export meter... Ill put you to the team that will do this. So he put me to through microgeneration team, he say it's nothing to do with them..

They said they will email to right department.. Still nothing...

Shafeeq
  • shafeeq
    Forumite
    The Green Hornet

Thank you, i had an email informing me and i was hoing to wait for the letter. Yes the tarrif I was on will be ending on 26th now, few extra days.

thanks

My tarif ends on 26th November.. when is the best time to change the tarif or provider?

Shafeeq
  • zeupater
    zeupater Posts: 5,353
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My tarif ends on 26th November.. when is the best time to change the tarif or provider?

Shafeeq
    Hi

From experience, I'd guess that late summer is probably the best time historically, that's probably why many of the tariffs which have been available recently have been designed to have a renewal date which would be after an anticipated round of increases ... (ie, November etc) ...

HTH
    Z
    "We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit. " ...... Aristotle
    B)
  • shafeeq
    Forumite
    And merry go around continues.... I had a letter asking to phone this number to get the meter changed. So I phoned today. Spoke to advisor.. Oh yes.. first step is that we will fit and export meter... Ill put you to the team that will do this. So he put me to through microgeneration team, he say it's nothing to do with them..

They said they will email to right department.. Still nothing...

Shafeeq

I just had a phone call from Npower. They are refusing to change the meter, saying they will only change the meter if it goes back.

They say my meter is not going back. They want me to take a reading everyday next 10 days. I told them it's winter, It's not generating enough for the meter to go back.

They won't belive me. oh well... what more can I do...

I will take the reading every day next 10 days. They will phone back. They will say the meter is not going back so they won't change it.....

Shafeeq
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,230
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I just had a phone call from Npower. They are refusing to change the meter, saying they will only change the meter if it goes back.

They say my meter is not going back. They want me to take a reading everyday next 10 days. I told them it's winter, It's not generating enough for the meter to go back.

They won't belive me. oh well... what more can I do...

I will take the reading every day next 10 days. They will phone back. They will say the meter is not going back so they won't change it.....

Shafeeq

Sounds to me like the best possible outcome for you !

You know your meter is faulty and that it's benfitting you.
    You have told nPower this and they have decided to take no action.
    There's no way they can turn round in a few years time and claim back all the money that you've 'cheated' out of them.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • shafeeq
    Forumite
    EricMears wrote: »
    Sounds to me like the best possible outcome for you !

You know your meter is faulty and that it's benfitting you.
    You have told nPower this and they have decided to take no action.
    There's no way they can turn round in a few years time and claim back all the money that you've 'cheated' out of them.

Hi EricMears

Yes... I know if it stays same. It is good news for me. I have tried my best. Sine June I have used about 106 Kwh.. I will take the meter reading for next 10 days. will get a phone call.. they will say your meter reading has gone up. So no point to change meter.. oh well

Shafeeq
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,713
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi EricMears

Yes... I know if it stays same. It is good news for me. I have tried my best. Sine June I have used about 106 Kwh.. I will take the meter reading for next 10 days. will get a phone call.. they will say your meter reading has gone up. So no point to change meter.. oh well

Shafeeq

Hiya Shafeeq, any chance you can get the discussion with Npower shifted to e-mail so it's documented.

I know you're not trying to stitch them up, but I can't see how they could back date any future decision, if you've got in writing (sort of!) that you are wrong! As and when they finally come after you, you'll probably be in a position to refuse. Maybe?

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • shafeeq
    Forumite
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Hiya Shafeeq, any chance you can get the discussion with Npower shifted to e-mail so it's documented.

I know you're not trying to stitch them up, but I can't see how they could back date any future decision, if you've got in writing (sort of!) that you are wrong! As and when they finally come after you, you'll probably be in a position to refuse. Maybe?

Mart.

Hi Mart.

Thanks for the input. I had few email trail informing them of meter going back. This adviser who phoned me, I tried to get her name, she only gived me her first name and initial of surname.

When she phones for 10 day meter reading, I will ask her to confirm on email.

Unless in future in Summer when I will hardly use electricity and they will confirm meter is going backward then they will use these figures to work out estimates of my daily energy usage. If they do that then I will be royally done.... Cause in Summer months the usage will be less, cause SP will generate more...

Shafeeq
  • Though my FiT is with British Gas, my electricity bill regularly changes supplier. They will offer a deal for (say) a year and then dump the punter back on the standard variable rate (just like a financial organisation) without even offering you the (secret?) current best deal. This best deal often does not appear on the switching sites. (these are financed by commission for, the electricity suppliers).

Of the big 5 suppliers, I have rotated round three companies and found National Power staff seem to be in a structure that is most organisation bound and least customer focussed.

How about switching suppliers and leaving the "problem" where it belongs?
  • You are likely to get a smart meter anyway in the next few years and it is not cost effective for the electricity providers to do this earlier for <4kWp systems. Smart meters are only compulsory for systems over 30kWp and are not supplied by the FiTs provider anyway. If you really want a smart meter you can pay to have one installed by a variety of companies independent of your electricity supplier or FITs provider.

From experience both npower and edf are not easy to deal with regarding FITs enquiries as their call centre teams have little knowledge of what they are doing and anything more than a simple application confuses them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure