PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,156
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    hello! chilly night but a beautiful star filled southern sky!

1.Was chilly this morning,7o at 9am however, turned out to be a nice day with blue sky and a warming 17o when I was walking back to carpark after work. Nice to feel warmth on my arms. Seems a while since sun has been shining!

2.Said hello to the ducks! was aware there was someone walking behind me, but still said hello!

3.Home & washings on & hung everywhere again! It is drying (eventually) and I have been doing my ironing first thing in the morning!

4.Made veg soup and sausage (reduced) sandwiches for tea.

5.Popped to supermarket for milk & bread ,Got nice bread reduced so quite happy with that as it's another expensive thing!

My first payday! :)
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Sorry Spandles!

I should have put the link in the first place. ......http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3241700

HTH

HEx
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Afternoon, what a day! I know it's first day back after a Bank Holiday, but the roads were awful! Oh well, home now. Here's some pleasures for today:

1. My cayenne pepper plant has 2 flowers on and loads of buds. Just hope they grow into peppers!
    2. Have lost another lb.
    3. Mr M Value Rice is available at 49p for a Kg bag atm so I got another bag for the cupboard. :D
    4. Fresh oranges. Mmm
    5. The rain has now stopped here, the sun is (briefly) out, and the garden looks nice and green.

Broomstick - I got the idea from a wartime cookbook - they had quite a few different sandwich variations to give a filling meal for someone with not a lot of time to spare. I can't help but think that making some potato scones might help give the additional carbohydrate content - spiced up with some chives. Just for something different. :)

Right, onto making tea now. Lovely Spanish Omelette tonight. Have a good evening, everyone.

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Evening all.

1) The sound of swifts screaming round the rooftops when I woke up this morning, which made me smile despite the fact I was feeling very unwell indeed. (My 'treat' of a beefburger for dinner last night turned out to be less of a treat than intended as I just ended up feeling ill all night and most of this morning. :()

2) NSD. (Sitting at home feeling ill does have some benefits! ;))

3) I started feeling better after lunch so potted up a few veggie plants - peas, beans and courgettes. :)

4) HM quiche for dinner. :drool: It's from the freezer so it's nice and easy.

5) The prospect of an early night tonight after being awake for so much of last night being ill.

Have a pleasant evening, all.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    1. Payday today and have worked out my tight budget for the month
    2. Forgot to take my packed lunch to work :( but had some LV in my handbag so bought lots of YS goodies in Waitrose and ended up paying 18p for my lunch (and will eat my salad for dinner in a mo)
    3. Picked up my first ever pair of glasses and wow, I can read again :)
    4. Lovely breakfast with OH then dropped him off and got into the office not tooooooooo late! :)
    5. I went for a haircut after work, would have used a voucher for £15 off but I've put it somewhere "safe" and of course I couldn't find it, but the nice hairdresser let me have the discount anyway. It's a good cut.....but will look better when I've done it (i.e. washed and left it rather than all the 'products' in it ;) )
    6. I've just had a lovely chat with a friend I've not seen for a little while and we're meeting up on Sunday :)
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi all, just popping in - seem to be so busy all the time....

1. Lost a total of 7lbs in May :D There's lots more to go though ;)

2. Putting on me trousers and going to work thinking I must have put on the 16's as they are a bit loose and quite a bit of room in them - checking and finding out they are the 14's :D

3. Bumping into my sis in town and having a natter.

4. Prawn omlette for dinner - the most frugal use of prawns I can find - otherwise OH moans he can't see them!

5. Washing is pretty much up to date, fridge is full and so is my belly - so that just leaves the dust, which can sit there a bit longer!!
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Evening all,

I have been tryingto keep up on your pleasures while I have been away in Prague.

So a quick post before hitting the shower and bed.

1) Beautiful weather in Prague - really hot and sunny

2) Did loads of walking which will stand me in good stead for my climb of Snowdon next weekend and the Moonwalk the following weekend.

3) Got upgraded to a private room at the hostel I was staying in because they had put me on a matress on the floor of a VERY cramped mezzinine floor of one of the rooms. Though they did then forget that I was in that room and gave it to someone else... I got an awful fright in the middle of the night when a random couple opened my door!

4) I can't say that th food was a pleasure... but the Czech wine certainly was!

5) Ate loads of delicious icecream... YUM

Night all

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • katie89
    katie89 Posts: 132 Forumite
    Good evening all! Ladyhawk I'm very jealous of your Prague adventure; its one of the places I want to most visit!

1) Having the heating of for an hour this eve- we have not had it on since Feb really (our last couple of electric bills have been super low! :j ), but the flat was feeling a little of the cold and damp side, so we've just had it on for a quick blast. I took the opportunity to warm up a fleecy blanket before wrapping it around me, bliss!
    2) The sandwiches from yesterdays slow cooker chicken were divine; far nicer than a limp, shop brought one.
    3) Used the last of the chicken scraps to make chicken pasta, which made a big portion for me and OH tonight, and there is a portion left for my lunch at work tomorrow.
    4) NSD.
    5) Starting this morning with a beauuuutiful cup of filter coffee- a treat that I limit to every other day, usually.
    2011 Wins : Models own makeup product, Photoplusx4 software:j Mens hair dye :rotfl:
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,113
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Sigh. OH is deciding whether he wants our relationship to have a break for a few weeks. He has been deciding since last night. Presumably, when he has decided, he will be letting me know. Who can say?

Anyway, 5 for today!

1) Up and down news about baby Ben but I hope every day that goes by means he is getting stronger.

2) Bit of a lie in.

3) My sister popped round.

4) Took sons to the Safari Park. :-) I liked the animals and they loved the rides!

5) Had a cheating ready meal tea including duck pancakes that the boys love.

6) Watched Wall-E on iplayer all sitting in my bed.

7) Will not have to wait until the small hours for OH to appear on the off chance that I am worth being with, so will relax here in bed and watch Holby City.
  • FrugalWorker
    FrugalWorker Posts: 193
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    1. Made home made bread and butter (first time for butter). Butter milk in brown bread has made a wonderful light crumbly crust.

2. Put up fencing/rushes on balcony to hide washing - hence can dry clothes outside now :)

3. Chicken cooked - lunches ready for myself and Mr. Frugal. Just need to get fruit stewed for yogurt for break time.

4. Went to bank and realised I'm back up to over 10K in the bank :) Yay. Okay, mortgage still to come out, next month tax/insurance and hols, but I've seen the number now! But, nearly at 6 months living expenses saved up. 10K my objective.

5. Constructive day at work, helped a few people, made a difference in how I could. Very lucky to love my job.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure