Petite bridesmaid dresses

Hi all,

My dd is getting married in May 2015 and has 4 bridesmaids. Ideally, she wants them to wear the same dress, maxi length. We are finding it a bit difficult as 2 of the girls are 5' 6" tall, the other two barely scrape 5'.

Does anyone know where we might find dresses that will have a petite length as well as the standard one? We are in Essex but would travel a reasonable distance to buy. We don't want to have to spend fortunes having dresses shortened or risk losing the shape or cut of a dress by having to have them shortened by too much.

All suggestions gratefully received, thank you.

Comments

• DomRavioli
    DomRavioli Posts: 3,136
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    If you want traditional bridesmaids gowns, most good bridal wear shops have tailors who can lift dresses without affecting the cut.

If you want high street, most places do petite ranges - debenhams, house of fraser, M&S, dotty Ps, Next etc. Even New look and lower priced ones do them.
  • I have a similar issue...5 bridesmaids at 5'4 or less then one at 5'9! Knee length look too short on the tall girl but are calf length on the shorter ones. I've accepted I will have to pay to have them adjusted. I'm minimising the impact by buying fairly cheap dresses to start with - I have 5 dresses to buy and they'll almost certainly only wear them once. I'm hoping to keep to under £50 per dress. Ever pretty on amazon have a huge selection and are mainly under £30 per dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure