PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2017 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    here we go again :)

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• March hasn't started yet but will go from the 1st to the 31st. Please put us down for £155. Two people, just food and drink, not alcohol though as different budget.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • I'm completely new to this, so taking advice from the intro, from March 1st I'm going to log every receipt and spend and log how many typically nsd days I have ready to set some targets in April. I'm really interested to see the results this challenge brings for me��
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Thanks for the new thread. I'm still in February at the moment but I'd like to join again and go for £150 from the 1st to the 31st please.
    I still have plenty of freezer food - mostly home grown but after doing the February challenge I'm finding that meal planning and shopping to a list is making me really think about food and to make more healthier choices.
    I mainly shop with Ocado for a plant and fish diet for 2 and I really enjoy trying new and seasonal foods but this month I've decided to try out the Essential brand for my main shops and see how I go with that. I also have a veg box from Abel and Cole through the winter months and have a separate budget for wine and pet food.
    Good luck.
  • Still On Feb for the moment but put me down for £300 again - to cover food/toiletries/dog food/takeaways/booze

My month starts 28/02/17 - 30/03/17
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Whoknowskt89
    Whoknowskt89 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Newshound!
    edited 18 February 2017 at 10:27PM
    Can I go for £110 for 1 and 4 cats please?
    I'm not 100% sure on my exact spends at the moment but I'm fairly sure that's about it (I do a monthly online shop and then only pick up things here and there!)
    This is to include cat food, litter and household / cleaning products, foods and drink.
    From 28th February until 30th March please

Thanks
  • £140 from the 25th of this month again for me please.

Thanks for starting the thread up again.
    SIL
  • Hi all! Wow. March already. Our budget will be £195 for the calendar month. It's based on an average single parent and child house spending £44 P/w. Divided it by 7 and multiplied by 31 and rounded up. It'll be DS's birthday, but his cake ingredients and party food come from a birthday budget.
  • Theoretically my portion of my annual budget should be £250 for March but I am going to continue challenging myself to reduce my stores, and we are going away at the very end of March so I don't want to have a fridge-full of food at that point. Let's see how it goes

SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Still in February too, March 1st £125, please
    Do I need it or just want it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income