PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Comments

• kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've found an absolute gem of an antique charity shop thanks to recommendation from a friend. My recent bargain of a Tiffany glass & antique brass up lighter lamp for £28 (retail new for up to £120!) came from there.

And today I popped in to find a bureau desk for £30!

It needs a bit of TLC but it has carved spindles for legs, lovely ornate brass pull handles and floral carvings on the front & corners. Been looking for one for OH for ages but even second-hand they're usually £100+ for plain ones in not great condition. A light sand, re-varnish and some brasso on the handles and it'll look a treat! I'm very pleased as it finishes off my hallway nicely.
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Wooden pepper grinder, £4.95. From the size of it it may have had a previous existence in a pizzaland restaurant.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • charlies-aunt
    charlies-aunt Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    After a few weeks of finding nothing - a visit to the Mind CS sale this morning gave me two lovely £1 bargains - a V-neck Per Una T-shirt in blues and purples and a sleeveless tunic dress in dark blue leopard print. Not spectacular but I know I will get a lot of wear from both
    :heartpuls The best things in life aren't things :heartpuls

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Not been looking much for ages as I've been clearing out more but while we were away nipped in to St Barnabas Hospice shop & got a beautiful Georgette scarf in shades of royal blue and emerald green for 2.99. Perfect with two of my jackets - really gives them a lift.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    silvasava wrote: »
    Not been looking much for ages as I've been clearing out more but while we were away nipped in to St Barnabas Hospice shop & got a beautiful Georgette scarf in shades of royal blue and emerald green for 2.99. Perfect with two of my jackets - really gives them a lift.
    Sounds like you will get a lot of wear out of it!

Interesting what our chazzer thresholds are! I'd have to really love a scarf to pay more than £1 for it in a chaz, and have in the past. If you have a similar threshold to me then this is a scarf that's going to spark joy every time you think about it :A
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    some good stuff on here :beer: i went to our local charity shop today first time since before christmas and i got a lovely monsoon maxi in a paisley type print £4.99....a joules gilet bright pink £4.99 and on the half price rail a lovely fatface grey parker £3.50....well chuffed:D
    onwards and upwards
  • MoaningMyrtle
    MoaningMyrtle Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    A solitary ball of Noro wool for 50p. Nigel Slaters 'real fast puddings' for 50p.
    A minute at the till, a lifetime on the bill.

Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels.

one life, live it!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Mir! wrote: »
    Love the East dress Pollycat! What a bargain for £1 :T
    Thanks. :)
    Still undecided whether to shorten it, I'm quite short so not sure if I can pull it off.
    But I am a bit 'off-the-wall' in my dress sense so I guess if I feel confident in it, it'll be OK.
    i got a lovely monsoon maxi in a paisley type print £4.99....a joules gilet bright pink £4.99 and on the half price rail a lovely fatface grey parker £3.50....well chuffed:D
    Well done :T , these are among my favourite makes, always good quality.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,714 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got a book for £1.50 and a bag for £3.99. The kitten was not part of the bargain :rotfl:

MP6cNLC.jpg

JZe0OtD.jpg
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    A very good day. A small table with wooden top and metal legs so great for the garden £4. My best item was a Remoska in a standard size with book stand and container for £5! The Remoska has no wear and I suspect not often used. Cleaned the top with aluminium cream and it is very clean and shiny! Also a 50p towel which is fab for drying Max the dog.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure