PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,083 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Evening all,

Well your positive vibes must of worked as today's meeting went well. Still some questions my manager needs to pin HR down on re potentially supporting my absence for a bit longer but tbh it is unlikely. However, until they answer the query things are stalled though probably only for a few days. I think my manager is finding this as hard as I am as we get on really well, ironically of the two of us I have more experience from the employer's perspective than she does:cool:

I'm sorry I can't remember who was thinking of applying for PIP but please take the step. I got my decision today and I've been awarded it and for more than I thought I would:) As I said before I found the process ok and the assessment not too difficult. I'm going to use the arrears payment to pay for someone to sort out my back garden mainly the veggie bit as I wasn't well enough to put it to bed last year and it is beyond me to sort it out at the moment. It may seem an odd thing to do but I love my garden and it will help my sense of well-being to have it in order:)
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I'm glad it wasn't too bad caronc and the outcome of the PIP is positive. Hopefully the work thing won't drag on too long and you can get on with a new normality.

Agree, getting your garden sorted so you can benefit from it will be a big help. Think of the veggies and salad etc you can grow. Take care x
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Good news about the meeting and the PiPs carnoc!

I'm still waiting to see what happens to my application - sent off the paperwork about 4 - 6 weeks ago, and I know they have it...every day I wait to see of Postie brings e a date for the F2F (even better would be an award without the F2F...but that is unlikely!)

I am exhausted today...we have had visitors for a couple of days. They stayed in a beach chalet but visited every day. It was nice that they visited...but there was so much talking!...and even sitting in my comfy chair and listening can be exhausting!...Before they left to pack (they go home very early tomorrow) one of them said it was nice that this time they got to see me smile! (apparently their last visit 3 years ago was one where I sat smile-less every day!)

I also managed to get a load of laundry done today so that is one job less to do! I can now settle down and sleep for a long weekend!
  • caronc
    Good news about the meeting and the PiPs carnoc!

I'm still waiting to see what happens to my application - sent off the paperwork about 4 - 6 weeks ago, and I know they have it...every day I wait to see of Postie brings e a date for the F2F (even better would be an award without the F2F...but that is unlikely!)

I am exhausted today...we have had visitors for a couple of days. They stayed in a beach chalet but visited every day. It was nice that they visited...but there was so much talking!...and even sitting in my comfy chair and listening can be exhausting!...Before they left to pack (they go home very early tomorrow) one of them said it was nice that this time they got to see me smile! (apparently their last visit 3 years ago was one where I sat smile-less every day!)

I also managed to get a load of laundry done today so that is one job less to do! I can now settle down and sleep for a long weekend!
    Hope you hear soon, I think virtually everyone gets an assessment so don't be disheartened when you get your date through. I had a chat today with someone I know who knows more about PIP than I do and she thinks one part of my award is incorrect so I think I'll contact DWP next week and see if they'll look at it again:)
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I find talking to visitors very tiring Prinzess, my oldest son talks all the time when he comes, and it wears me out. But I can't say anything because I like to see him :)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm another who finds visitors exhausting - human visitors, anyway; I'm more than happy to have canine guests. :D

We had a Mensa meet-up to attend last night; there was no way for me to wriggle out of it, and I'm absolutely wiped out today. Trouble is I get very stressed before the event, have to work hard to keep up with the conversation during it (I'm hard-of-hearing, and even with a hearing aid, I struggle if everyone's talking at once), then I spend the entire night afterwards replaying it all over and over in my mind to analyze what I said wrong, did I manage to offend anyone, did I make myself look stupid, or make some awful social gaffe - all that sort of stuff. Like I said, exhausting...... :(
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I have much catching up to do !
    Caronc that sounds like good news . If something seems wrong in the decision it can go for MR , it depends how much difference a successful challenge would make . I'm assuming it's points awarded for the descriptors but I may be wrong . Thanks for your kind messages - flare is finally fading but I seem to have lived on sugary food for the past week and feel pretty annoyed with myself ( and quite sick !!! my fault alone )

Prinzess It seems pretty well everyone will have face to face this time around . It's an attempt to start a new benefit from scratch and is the first time ever tried .Everything is on a massive scale now so it makes sense to review everyone .
    I can't remember if you requested a home assessment . If so that adds a bit to the wait as it takes longer for the journey to visit each claimant than dealing with interviews at the centre .
    From start to finish DDs claim took 5 months but it was worth the wait .
    Heads up for MAR and any others interested . New series of Vera 8pm tonight ITV .
    LW as least you got to the meeting - small victories are worth much .Sending a painless hug atta distance - think sheep onna stick but it doesn't shift the cobwebs .
    Take care all .
    polly xx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • caronc
    I have much catching up to do !
    Caronc that sounds like good news . If something seems wrong in the decision it can go for MR , it depends how much difference a successful challenge would make . I'm assuming it's points awarded for the descriptors but I may be wrong . Thanks for your kind messages - flare is finally fading but I seem to have lived on sugary food for the past week and feel pretty annoyed with myself ( and quite sick !!! my fault alone )

Prinzess It seems pretty well everyone will have face to face this time around . It's an attempt to start a new benefit from scratch and is the first time ever tried .Everything is on a massive scale now so it makes sense to review everyone .
    I can't remember if you requested a home assessment . If so that adds a bit to the wait as it takes longer for the journey to visit each claimant than dealing with interviews at the centre .
    From start to finish DDs claim took 5 months but it was worth the wait .
    Heads up for MAR and any others interested . New series of Vera 8pm tonight ITV .
    LW as least you got to the meeting - small victories are worth much .Sending a painless hug atta distance - think sheep onna stick but it doesn't shift the cobwebs .
    Take care all .
    polly xx

Good to see you back!

Yes I think it's worth asking for a reconsideration so plan to start the ball rolling tomorrow if I can find my "oomph":) Unfortunately back in "attack mode" so having to very carefully watch my movements so it's doesn't trigger and I go over:( Makes me feel like !!!! but my sister came by this afternoon for a natter which cheered me up no end:)
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hi all . Ostara blessings - Welcome to the real Spring following the recent met office version .
    This has to be one of my favourite times of the year . Things seem more hopeful even if not always so in reality . Today is grey and windy but everything is literally springing back to life in the garden , the birds are busy and all feels good .
    I hope all had a restful night , I'm still having problems actually getting to sleep every few nights , was reading at 4pm this morning .
    Once I get to sleep I don't tend to wake during the night so that's a blessing .
    Tomorrow morning DD has a very early morning appt at a different hospital and will be having a thorough investigation of the shoulder and joint problems that have caused so much pain and even further restriction mobility and function wise . Fingers crossed that will lead to a diagnosis and the plan is to then structure treatment , physio etc around the findings . There is a surgical option but as she is so young it's hoped that will be on the back burner for some time in the future as it requires her to come off some of her meds for a while including the MTX which is what keeps her on her feet in a fashion and makes a real difference .
    Cranky I'm still catching up and was sorry to read of your friends passing and can totally understand how the dental appt must have come as a double blow .
    Have you managed yet to discuss the House Troll with your GP ?
    New Brighton was another childhood destination for us , it involved a long train journey and the Ferry Cross the Mersey . I vividly recall walking the length of the prom in my athletic youth form Woodside to NB . My dad was head chef at the Woodside Hotel back in it's glory days mid fifties to sixties and many times I went to work with him on the ferry . Not the dark side , we always called it " over the water " I wonder if people still do . Blue remembered hills eh !
    Anyway waffling again . I'll make a brew put my coat on and spend 10 minutes with the flowers and wildlife and then do something boring but necessary indoors .
    polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Mine is on hold polly, we've got weather warnings for snow/hail/ice/ thunder & lightning. Spring is cancelled until later in the week :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure