Waste Tech - Don't Use

Comments

• Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    But the point is that the WTNs NEVER ran in synch with the contracts.

I've been having a look online and noticed that most AWTNs start in april. I dont understand why phs wastetech's start in january, is this a business ploy? Does our annual transfer note really start in april like every other company even though they say it starts in january??
  • So it's not just me then!!! I got off the phone to their head office and thought I'll justed "Goolge" Phs Wastetech forum and find I'm not the only one being screwed by this company! Have registered to this site to join the choirus of complaints! Same sad story - started with them in 2004 1000L @ 5.95 per week, then after 6 months the collection fee increased, a "Container Provision Charge" of £8 appeared out of the blue, then followed by the annual AWTN increasing etc, etc. My contract runs from 24th Feb, I have to give them 3 months notice BEFORE my contract ends - so cannot cancel until Feb 2009!
  • Rusty_Russ wrote: »
    So it's not just me then!!! I got off the phone to their head office and thought I'll justed "Goolge" Phs Wastetech forum and find I'm not the only one being screwed by this company! Have registered to this site to join the choirus of complaints! Same sad story - started with them in 2004 1000L @ 5.95 per week, then after 6 months the collection fee increased, a "Container Provision Charge" of £8 appeared out of the blue, then followed by the annual AWTN increasing etc, etc. My contract runs from 24th Feb, I have to give them 3 months notice BEFORE my contract ends - so cannot cancel until Feb 2009!

Welcome to the forum russ - sad to hear that you had to join mse because of your bad experiences with phs wastetech though. :(
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    trinity1 wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum russ - sad to hear that you had to join mse because of your bad experiences with phs wastetech though. :(
    Do stick around, even if we don't get anywhere with this problem, I'm sure you can save elsewhere!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Has anyone been threatened with legal action and a service suspension through outstanding payments?
    I'm a little unsure of what to do, I've contacted customer services who weren't much help and I've written them a letter which they have ignored.
    I'm willing to pay what I owe them but for the past few invoices they have incorrectly invoiced me with the wrong sized bin. I can't pay an invoice which is incorrect.
    Has anyone else had a similar problem?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Send a letter, recorded delivery? Look on the long thread about Drugs Books for Schools and find the company someone says will send a solicitor's letter for £2 and send one of those? It's towards the end of that thread ... at the moment ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • I have just had an email from the environmental agency regarding the prices of duty of care notes. Here is the reply:

Thank-you for your enquiry regarding Waste Transfer Notes. I can understand you frustration regarding their costs which are extortionate but which we have no control over. I have provided you with a couple of links below to our webpage where you can download our Transfer Note for free.

I am also sending you a link to our consignment notes which are used to transfer Hazardous Waste.

I'm not sure if this would be of any help to anyone as I believe the deadline for returning forms back to PHS wastetech have already passed.
    But it just goes to show the real cost of the duty of care form, I understand that it would be reasonable to change a small admin fee but as the email says the price they charge are 'extortionate'.
  • I had a reply saying - no. In reply to whether we could negioate this note charge. What should I do??
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • I had a reply saying - no. In reply to whether we could negioate this note charge. What should I do??

I was actually wondering how you got on because I sent them a letter trying to negioate an admin charge too but heard nothing.
    So I had to contact customer services myself and after failing to get anywhere was put through to one of the quite arrogant senior members of staff. Was bascially told that an admin charge is nessesary for:
    - Allowing for them to keep a record of your dealings with them for 3 years
    - Allowing them to keep your records up to date (Well, in my case they have failed this point each time).

They did however offer to reduce the price of the AWTN so I only pay for the number of months I have left on my contract. I'm not sure if you'd be happier with that but I'm still not, I feel like I've given in to them and not doing anything to help any other of their customers who are also suffering. They should have sent me the correct invoice in the first place without me having to contact them. They claim that they can't go round ringing everyone to tell them that their contract is ending so they get the reduced price - I argued that if they sent the correct amount in the first place they wouldnt have to but they refused to listen.

Everytime I dealings with this company I feel the need to make people more aware of these cowboys. I dont think anything can really be done without legal advice though.
  • Well I'm a member of the FSB they were the first to tell me about these cowboys. They are trying to sort this out and bring it in the open. Ken Stevens is dealing with and I'll let you know what happens, as at the moment I've sent a second letter saying it is a charge I was not ready for.
    Help me to help you :santa2:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport