Halifax, just me?

Morning All,
As per my thread title, wanted to switch to Halifax under their £125 current switch offer.
Did the typical blokey thing and left it till the last minute! (offer ends 23.59 tonight 19/3/18), went online last night (18/3/18) to complete details, no luck at all, got to 1st page “Personalise your application” clicked on the relevant choices applicable to my needs, clicked on “continue” nothing! Tried both my browsers of choice – Internet Explorer and Firefox, same non results with them both.

I hate it when “The computer says no” no reason why, just would not proceed with application, never had this happen before with both browsers, up to now 100% of websites work with either one or both browsers.

As per heading just me, or anyone else had this problem?

Fast forward to the outcome for anyone reading fast losing the will to live….
Was advised by a Halifax person on duty via phone 9pm Sunday evening (that was a result) to apply via phone this morning.
This I did, account opened, switch arranged and confirmed £125 payment within 7 days. After initial glitch well done Halifax.
I am, therefore I think.

Comments

• Just me then!
    Just because you!!!8217;re not paranoid doesn!!!8217;t mean their not out to get you!
    I am, therefore I think.

• And the thread proves it by inserting the dreaded !!!8217 into my update.
    I am, therefore I think.

• BooJewels
    BooJewels Posts: 2,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    As I mentioned in your other thread I'm a long term customer, so haven't tried opening a new account, but have certainly had computer issues using the on-line banking.

Despite them telling me at the time that I was the only person who'd rung them with my particular complaint, they have certainly made changes and the problem I had did get fixed in with those changes, so I suspect I wasn't entirely alone in my experiences.

At the time I rang, I was using Firefox as my default browser and the help chap asked why I didn't use Internet Explorer like everyone else. I pointed out that I didn't actually know anyone who used IE, but I used Firefox because I have my own Web sites and like the developer tools built into Firefox and I use a screen capture plug in. From that point on he'd made his mind up that I was using what he perpetually called a 'hacked' browser and it was no wonder I was having difficulty. I explained several times that it was just a default feature of the browser and I hadn't hacked anything, but he was happy that he had his explanation and nothing would budge him from that view.

You'd think that an online service help line might be a little more familiar with different browsers and how people use them.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    And the thread proves it by inserting the dreaded !!!8217 into my update.

The !!!8217 is a forum issue.
  • BooJewels wrote: »
    As I mentioned in your other thread I'm a long term customer, so haven't tried opening a new account, but have certainly had computer issues using the on-line banking.

Despite them telling me at the time that I was the only person who'd rung them with my particular complaint, they have certainly made changes and the problem I had did get fixed in with those changes, so I suspect I wasn't entirely alone in my experiences.

At the time I rang, I was using Firefox as my default browser and the help chap asked why I didn't use Internet Explorer like everyone else. I pointed out that I didn't actually know anyone who used IE, but I used Firefox because I have my own Web sites and like the developer tools built into Firefox and I use a screen capture plug in. From that point on he'd made his mind up that I was using what he perpetually called a 'hacked' browser and it was no wonder I was having difficulty. I explained several times that it was just a default feature of the browser and I hadn't hacked anything, but he was happy that he had his explanation and nothing would budge him from that view.

You'd think that an online service help line might be a little more familiar with different browsers and how people use them.

Hi BooJewels,
    Sorry about delay in replying to you.
    I thought it was a bit strange it was just me!
    In the end it was not a problem opening the account via phone, in fact it was very easy.
    I am, therefore I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport