Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Maman. Glad that you had a good holiday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Thank you for pre Birthday wishes :D

Me in my infinite wisdom (senior moment :o) thought it would be a good idea to do some red nose baking with BOTH of my 1-1s plus my job share and another child ON my Birthday! :eek: Today has seen both boys have attachment issues to me :eek:, at playtime I was being pulled in different directions by them :rotfl:. I am now having second (3rd, 4th & 5th) thoughts about the baking tomorrow :p but I may have gained another adult to help, plus their 1-1 who is no trouble.
    What was I thinking? :eek:

Watch this space :rotfl:
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just spotted a couple of oddities, can anyone help me understand why or explain etc?

Butternut quash, in my SW book it says Speed. SW online doesn't seem to recognise butternut squash but does say 'squash' is speed, however, i'm trying the much talked about squaffles from Sains tonight and according to SW Online they are just free? My consultant was specifically talking about the squaffles at group recently and definitely said they were Speed?

Also, SW online has chicken, turkey etc a P/Protein but i'm having a slice of both tonight from the Ald1 Appleby range, nowt fancy about them e.g not marinated or anything but SW online just has them as Free rather than Protein?

TIA
    Quick response as you'll be eating soon. Butternut squash is definitely Speed including squaffles. Lean meat is both protein and free.
    Now to watch England and hope 'our' players and former players do well.
  • abouttimetoo
    abouttimetoo Posts: 1,860 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    maman wrote: »
    Quick response as you'll be eating soon. Butternut squash is definitely Speed including squaffles. Lean meat is both protein and free.
    Now to watch England and hope 'our' players and former players do well.

Thanks Maman, totally agree, guess i'm just irritated by the inconsistencies of SW online. I always use the online meal diary thingy and do like it apart from irritations like this :p
    MFW Start Date 1.4.08. Updated 23.1.18. MFW date 1.8.18
    Original Mortgage o/s £187,643 / £71,904 (-115,739)
    Repay o/s £92,661 / now £55,900 (-36,761)
    Int Only o/s £94,982, now £16,004 (-78,978)
    Total daily interest £1 [a) £0.77 b)£0.23
    Total OP's:2018 target £TBC YTD £1,995
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    -1lb for me tonight. Was hoping for 2 but I've been put on some painkillers for my leg and am wondering if they're making me retain some water. Been for an x-ray today so maybe the extra radiation weighs something!! :rotfl:

Am very proud of myself though as after the hospital appointment, I really wanted McDonalds, but I walked right past and into Subway, where I wanted a footlong sub on honey oat bread even more but I ordered a syn free chicken teriyaki salad instead. Dedication!
  • abouttimetoo
    Crikey, me again, talk about a postathon :o

Not been able to post menus this week so catching up here
    Monday - 13.5 syns in total
    B: hot lemon water (work got in the way again)
    L: Bacon, egg and tom sarnie HEB WM bread
    D:SW Meatballs and Pasta - nothing added to it, oops
    HEA: SS milk + 2.5 syns for more
    Snacks: 1 hifi bar, 3 syns (given it to try, don't buy as a rule), NAS juice, bag of FF crisps 4 syns, 2 TBSP houmous 4 syns, lots of water

Tuesday total syns 13.5
    B: Bacon, egg, to, sarnie HEB WM bread, lemon hot water
    L: cupashotz :o
    D: Mahoosive salad (carrots, celery, cucumber, onions, peppers, rocket, toms, watercress) with parsnip and sweet pot chips with Youngs sea salt & balsamic cod fillet (6syns, trying to try new things for food, pretty nice and would have again)
    Snacks: NAS juice, lots of water, fresh pineapple (not speed but love it!) 200mls of Alpro dark chocolate milk 5syns (thanks for whoever recommended it on here)

Today total 11 syns
    B: hot lemon juice, scrambled eggs, fried onions and mushrooms, bacon and spag hoops and 1 slice of WM bread (half a HEB)
    L: full plate of salad carrots, celery, cucumber, onions, peppers, rocket, spinach, toms and watercress with slices of turkey, ham and beef + 1TBSP of houmous (2 syns)
    D: same as lunch but without houmous and with squaffles
    Snacks, NAS juice, lots of water, 250ml of Alpro dark choc to make a hot choc (6.5 syns) HEA SS milk + 2.5syns of more milk

Still got half a HEB left but think won't be having it. Nearly managed a SP day apart from the spag hoops at breks
    Managed to stay on average of 10 syns a day last week and had hoped to do the same this week so need to keep an eye on that!
  • abouttimetoo
    Well done on the loss Miss Teach but even more so on dodging McD's and making smart choices at Subway :T
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    Well done all on your losses:T:T
    Tomorrow evening is the day i start class:eek: think im all prepared :o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • piglet6
    piglet6 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Late post from me tonight - have been to the cinema - but just clocking in to say that I'm struggling here, too... Don't know what's wrong with me - I know what to do; I'm just not doing it! :wall:

Today's menu:

B: Cheese (HExA) omelette with mushrooms & tomatoes
    L: Leek & potato soup
    D: Pasta n sauce arrabiata with roasted veg (onions, mushrooms, courgettes, tomatoes, celery & cauliflower)

Well, that would have been fine - free, speedy, perfect. :D And it was delicious and filling, so can anybody tell me why I felt the need to eat 3 chocolate digestives at work today?! 12 flippin' syns!!! :mad:

Oh well, start again tomorrow. The plan is:

B: Cheese omelette with mushrooms & tomatoes (I know this seems repetitive, but its my breakfast for days when I am at work, because I eat breakfast at 7am, but often don't get lunch until 1.30pm at the earliest, can be as late as 2.30pm, and this keeps me full, whereas cereal has me climbing the walls trying to gnaw my own arm off by about 10am! :rotfl:)
    L: Cauliflower & horseradish soup
    D: SW burger, potato wedges & salad. Will syn some sauce/dressing.

My aim is not to waste syns on rubbish tomorrow - watch this space...! :whistle:

P x
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    tammy61 wrote: »
    JOEDENISE .
    Oh my grief. There was I thinking I was doing so well. Thanks for explaining that.
    I have managed to get the original and green starter pack, which should arrive tomorrow. So hopefully I won't keep making mistakes.
    Yes the Mayo was lighter than light and I didn't even use a tbs full.
    Oh well back to plan.
    I've had and will be having today.
    Weetabix
    Milk
    I'm out for lunch but will be having chicken salad
    And tonight I will be having HM meat balls.
    It's also weigh in tonight so I'm not holding out a lot of hope. But will report back in later.
    I've never tried the 5-2 diet . I think I'd starve.
    Good luck everybody.

No need to thank me for the help - we're all here to help each other.

Glad you managed to get hold of the starter pack for the Red and Green days.
    piglet6 wrote: »
    Late post from me tonight - have been to the cinema - but just clocking in to say that I'm struggling here, too... Don't know what's wrong with me - I know what to do; I'm just not doing it! :wall:

Today's menu:

B: Cheese (HExA) omelette with mushrooms & tomatoes
    L: Leek & potato soup
    D: Pasta n sauce arrabiata with roasted veg (onions, mushrooms, courgettes, tomatoes, celery & cauliflower)

Well, that would have been fine - free, speedy, perfect. :D And it was delicious and filling, so can anybody tell me why I felt the need to eat 3 chocolate digestives at work today?! 12 flippin' syns!!! :mad:

Oh well, start again tomorrow. The plan is:

B: Cheese omelette with mushrooms & tomatoes (I know this seems repetitive, but its my breakfast for days when I am at work, because I eat breakfast at 7am, but often don't get lunch until 1.30pm at the earliest, can be as late as 2.30pm, and this keeps me full, whereas cereal has me climbing the walls trying to gnaw my own arm off by about 10am! :rotfl:)
    L: Cauliflower & horseradish soup
    D: SW burger, potato wedges & salad. Will syn some sauce/dressing.

My aim is not to waste syns on rubbish tomorrow - watch this space...! :whistle:

P x

Don't beat yourself up you were still within syns for the day.

Agree with you about needing a protein rich breakfast if you always have a late lunch. When I was working I never had to wait that long for lunch so made do with yoghurt & fruit but now I've got the time since retiring I quite often have a cooked breakfast.

DH says he's never eaten so much as he does now he's retired:rotfl:.

Today's plan is back to EE:

B - raspberries & strawberries - after WI
    L - sweet potato jacket; beans; salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, fennel, pickled onions, HM syn free onion chutney
    D - 2 butcher's low fat sausages, 1 syn, mash, cabbage

HEA - milk
    HEB - no idea yet!
    Syns - 2 sausages 1; extra milk 3

Will pop back later after WI.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income