Need advice on problems at the garage

Comments

• If the engine is replaced like-for-like, you will NOT BE UNINSURED.

What is the answer you want us to give you? If you just tell us what you want to hear, we can all regurgitate it to you so you feel validated and then we can all move on.

Does not matter what you tell me, the insurance are not having any of it!!!! SIMPLE
  • Sam_Fallow wrote: »
    OP, your insurance is not a problem, listen to what has been said.

Your probelm is the garage. Focus on that.

Yes, but this is part of the problem. I agree with what is said but the insurance company does not, regarding the engine, not the bloody tyre or oil. So it's figuring out what to do with the garage now If I told them not to put the engine in.

But I told them too anyway cause f*** it I give up.
  • stejens wrote: »
    Yes, but this is part of the problem. I agree with what is said but the insurance company does not, regarding the engine, not the bloody tyre or oil. So it's figuring out what to do with the garage now If I told them not to put the engine in.

But I told them too anyway cause f*** it I give up.

Why not ask the same question of the financial ombudsman service if you don't feel happy about ignoring the call centre advice?

If it's the exact same engine as goes into the Astra, then it's like for like.
  • stejens wrote: »
    Does not matter what you tell me, the insurance are not having any of it!!!! SIMPLE

Fine. If you're not going to listen, then I'm out. You've been told the situation, but it's not what you want to hear.

Try Mumsnet.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    stejens wrote: »

Did you not read my post?. You don't understand yourself that engines from different models can have the exact same engine code and be the exact same engine.

You then rang your insurance trying to explain something you don't understand so it's not surprising you got an incorrect answer!.

But I'm not going to explain it any further the only person will loose out because of your ignorance is yourself.
  • angrycrow
    angrycrow Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Whilst op does not specifically identify the engine code a 2000 Astra is likely to be the 1.6l 87bhp engine designated Z16SE.

The 2004 Meriva 1.6 87bhp uses engine designation Z16SE.

They are the same engine so no need to inform your insurers, this is not a modification it is replacement of a part with a matching spec second hand part same as if the engine came out of a matching Astra.
  • angrycrow wrote: »
    Whilst op does not specifically identify the engine code a 2000 Astra is likely to be the 1.6l 87bhp engine designated Z16SE.

The 2004 Meriva 1.6 87bhp uses engine designation Z16SE.

They are the same engine so no need to inform your insurers, this is not a modification it is replacement of a part with a matching spec second hand part same as if the engine came out of a matching Astra.

I'm not sure of the code, and my books in the car at the garage, thanks for clearer answer though.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Fine. If you're not going to listen, then I'm out. You've been told the situation, but it's not what you want to hear.

Try Mumsnet.

How is the motoring forum over there?
  • bigadaj wrote: »
    How is the motoring forum over there?

Primed and ready to tell any poster what they want to hear.
  • Strider590
    Strider590 Posts: 11,874 Forumite
    Have Mumsnet posters been migrating to MSE?
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure