Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• rosyposy76
    Options
    Hi,
    First-time poster here, apologies if this is in the wrong place.
    I am looking to book a Eurodisney trip in September this year (Fri 22nd - Sun 24th Sept). 2 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 7 and 5). We live in London so Eurostar seems the quickest way to travel.
    But it looks like it will cost around £2000. This is £800 for Eurostar tickets -out on Friday morning and back on Sunday evening (booked via eurostar website). £1200 for 2 nights in the New York hotel (half board) including park tickets (booked via Eurodisney website)
    This seems very expensive. Is this just what it costs or am I missing something?
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    edited 26 April 2017 at 8:05PM
    Options
    rosyposy76 wrote: »
    Hi,
    First-time poster here, apologies if this is in the wrong place.
    I am looking to book a Eurodisney trip in September this year (Fri 22nd - Sun 24th Sept). 2 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 7 and 5). We live in London so Eurostar seems the quickest way to travel.
    But it looks like it will cost around £2000. This is £800 for Eurostar tickets -out on Friday morning and back on Sunday evening (booked via eurostar website). £1200 for 2 nights in the New York hotel (half board) including park tickets (booked via Eurodisney website)
    This seems very expensive. Is this just what it costs or am I missing something?

only 2 nights onsite doesn't get you good discount offers, thats why the cost is high. You'd be better staying offsite but nearby for your 2 nights (loads of hotels in the area with free shuttles to and from the park gates all day every day). Buy your park tickets from Attraction Tickets Direct or the likes, and consider waiting until 90 days before travel, taking the indirect Eurostar (via Lille International) and cutting your Eurostar price in half.

Bear in mind thats half marathon weekend at DLP and so the parks will be very busy too.
  • rosyposy76
    Options
    Thank you very much, That's all really helpful information.
    I had no idea about the half-marathon, we were hoping for a quieter weekend! I think we will look at different dates.
  • milliemoo7
    milliemoo7 Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Urgent help needed! we are traveling back from Spain the beginning of June and would love to take our two children to Disney on the way home. Our children are aged 10 and 7. I wanted to do the two days as one day for my little girl who would love the princess, castle etc side of it and the other day for my son seeing the studio side! I have just priced up for a two day ticket and without accommodation it is £426!!!(that was by looking at the french link) to stay in Disney the cheapest we can find is £556 eekk! we didn't even pay this much for ten nights in Spain!!! any info on how we can get this price down??
    2012 wins
    Dr Browns Bottle Gift Set
    Wales vs Scotland Tickets
  • RunningMan_2
    RunningMan_2 Posts: 434 Forumite
    Options
    milliemoo7 wrote: »
    Urgent help needed! we are traveling back from Spain the beginning of June and would love to take our two children to Disney on the way home. Our children are aged 10 and 7. I wanted to do the two days as one day for my little girl who would love the princess, castle etc side of it and the other day for my son seeing the studio side! I have just priced up for a two day ticket and without accommodation it is £426!!!(that was by looking at the french link) to stay in Disney the cheapest we can find is £556 eekk! we didn't even pay this much for ten nights in Spain!!! any info on how we can get this price down??

I'm no expert on this (Balletshoes will no doubt be along soon...) but looking on the official disney site (UK version), depending on your dates you could get the 'Special MINI 1 day/1 park' tickets at £32 each (1/2/6/7/8/9 June) or the 'Special MAGIC 1 day/1 park' tickets at £43 each (3/4/5/10/11 June). They need to be booked in advance. You can also pay a bit more to have access to both parks on one or both of your days (£44/£55 respectively).

Also might be worth trying Supertrips.net.

As for accommodation, you should be able to get something fairly cheap at one of the offsite hotels, e.g. Explorers, Kyriad etc via 'normal' Hotel sites e.g. Expedia.

Hope this helps.
  • RunningMan_2
    Options
    Any tips on best places to watch the parades? Seem to remember it used to be good to watch the main parade by Pizzeria Bella Notte - is that still a good place? Thanks.
  • davebefc
    Options
    Where is the best place to look for train timetables etc from CDG to DLP? Last time we went we hired a private shuttle and they turned up late so wasnt best pleased. Many thanks
  • RunningMan_2
    Options
    davebefc wrote: »
    Where is the best place to look for train timetables etc from CDG to DLP? Last time we went we hired a private shuttle and they turned up late so wasnt best pleased. Many thanks

https://www.SNCF.com?
  • Shimmyhill
    Shimmyhill Posts: 220 Forumite
    Options
    We are heading to DLP end of the month, not had train tickets yet - I can't remember when we got them last time but should we be worried yet?

Whats the best way to take money these days, seems mad to change it all here and worry about having it with us!?
  • RunningMan_2
    Options
    Shimmyhill wrote: »
    We are heading to DLP end of the month, not had train tickets yet - I can't remember when we got them last time but should we be worried yet?

Whats the best way to take money these days, seems mad to change it all here and worry about having it with us!?

I can't answer the first part - what train (Eurostar?) and how did you book?

Regarding money - best to pay for most things on credit card and just have a bit of cash for incidentals in my opinion. See Martin's article: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money. Some people like preloaded cards but seems a bit pointless to me unless you can't get credit cards for some reason.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure