Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    So where am I currently?

Today was the first of our new lower mortgage payments. Most big bills left the account today. I feel about 75% optimistic about things at the moment.

I have enough in the business account to cover all my bills in October, & will be receiving more before the end of the month. I am wondering if I have now hit the snowball point where now I have 1 month accrued I don't have to go back to an empty account at the end of each month.

The weekend was interesting. On Saturday we had a big event. Then sunday a fairly sizable party. I received a noise complaint from a resident. But equally had excellent feedback on both events.

Had an excellent meeting today with a group of artists who want to put on a show. Apparently one of their number is a big name...I will be interested to see if I recognise it.

Just made my first eBay sale in a few weeks. £15. Seem to be going through a dry spell.

Have been putting a lot of effort in on building up the social media accounts for the business. Instagram is a new one on me but I'm learning. It's fascinating how the picture referencing links you to new business opportunities, but I really don't get the amount of people who post pictures of their children standing in school uniform outside their front door. You may as well just hang a note around their neck saying where they live and what school they go to!

Dinner tonight has been courtesy of leftovers from the weekends events. I came home with lot of goodies that the guests didn't want to keep. We just polished off a delicious dessert!

On the big countdown now for DDs birthday. It's going to feel very weird saying she is 1 instead of so many months..

Anyway think that's me.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Sounds like you've had a few busy days.

Love free stuff, even if it is food :)
  • Bobarella
    Yes indeed PM02

Well today has been a bit of a struggle. I woke with a very sore stomach and it just hasn't gone away all day. Had a meeting in the morning but managed to postpone my evening commitment. Have done hot water bottle & bath and paracetamol. Nothing is shifting it. Not in agony but it does hurt if DD kicks me by accident.

So going to go to bed early and hope for the best for the morning.

Bob

• Hope you're feeling much better this morning x
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Hope your tummy is feeling better this morning. We have managed to avoid the kids bringing anything tummy related home for a year now. Shouldn't have said that!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Bobarella
    Foxholes touch wood!

Feeling a lot better if not 100%. My patience is a little thin though and DD has chosen today to spend whining constantly. I do feel sorry for her as it's all teething related. But......

Have managed to do a little shop. Will make a pork chop stew tonight. Have to dash out at 7 to do last night's cancelled meeting so just want something easy to come home to.

I found some packing boxes that had been put out to the kerb yesterday so spent this morning putting away baby clothing and sorting and organising all the girls clothing my kind friend had given me weeks ago. I now have boxes up to the age of 5 ready to go into the loft.

Have had an eBay bid on a kids dressing up costume. Only put it up a few days ago so thats good. All helps.

Right better go and sort her ladyship out.

Bob

• Glad you're feeling much better today, try and take it a bit easy though.

Hope DD's teething settles down a bit.
  • Bobarella
    Thanks PM02 but it all got a bit worse this afternoon when the grizzling turned into vomiting! Poor girl has not been well. I still had to go to my meeting because I'd already postponed once. DH was on hand for Daddy cuddles and comforting so she was in good hands. She's been settled now since about 9 so fingers crossed she makes it through the night with no further bouts. It's so awful when they are so tiny and looking at you like what is happening to me!!

That aside I had a very good meeting. Really liked both of them and lots of good came out of it.

One thing that gets me is just how much the current situation is stretching me. I feel like I'm grappling with a new issue constantly. It's hard not knowing who to talk things through with. I am just making it up as I go along. I do wish I felt more confident in directing people but I always worry about upsetting or offending someone. When you only have 1 day to sell and 2 people want it, but each bring something new to the table....I have wondered about going back to see the business coach but ultimately think I just need to be more confident in my own ability to cope.

Money stuff. Sold a kids dressing up costume today. Thats 2 eBay sales in a few days. Hopefully the end of the eBay drought.

Harvest festival tommorow so better log off and get some kip. And hope that the night is peaceful....

Bob

• Morning,

Teething is so horrible, poor DD, hope she managed to settle and you had some sleep last night.

Well done on the eBay sales :)

I hope the work side eases, great that the meeting went well though
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Bob hope your DD slept well (and therefore you too) and she hasn't too many after effects of yesterday.

Sounds like the business is progressing well, it's all a learning curve isn't it. If you can access the business coaching it maybe useful (assuming it's not too cost prohibitive). As I business coach myself I know only too well the benefits of coaching ;)

Hope today brings good things to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport