Engagement ring shops

Zola.
Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
Can anyone recommend a good (value for money, honest and decent) engagement ring shop in Belfast please?

I plan to start a bit of research tomorrow by visiting a couple of shops.. :beer:

Comments

• duggan1
    duggan1 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Back in the old days robbers used to case joints themselves....
  • thetope
    thetope Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got mine from Murray & Co on Talbot street in Belfast. It's a jewellery wholesaler so not an especially flashy showroom. No idea about the quality but it looks great and was very reasonably priced (I saw an identical looking ring in a retail jewellers and it was priced around £400 more). I went back for a wedding ring a couple of years later and was again very impressed.
  • xpinkladyx
    xpinkladyx Posts: 42 Forumite
    Would recommend Joseph Rea's, got engagement and wedding rings there
  • Honkycat
    Honkycat Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Another vote for Rea's.
  • Zola.
    Thanks for your replies!

I started with H Samuel, first impressions not bad but the forestside store didnt have the diamond in store so she couldn't give me much detailed info on clarity etc.

I then went to Murray & Co on Talbot street, some very nice rings there.... but they dont offer finance which is a real shame. I would be wanting to put down £1000 and then finance the rest on 0% APR over a year, or two perhaps.

After that I went to Joseph Rea's, who has been the best so far I think. The rings I saw in the shop were pretty good, but when I went to the other shop to speak to Joseph he had better ones. However, I don't think they give you certificates? So some of their competitors said anyway, I didnt ask at the time in Rea's. Also he only gives the option of 12 months finance so it would be an big chunk coming out every month.

I went to Goldsmiths, who's rings were pretty expensive and were mostly F's and G's.Then went to Beaverbrooks, again expensive rings and not the best colours available.

Finished with Ernest Jones, quite limited stock, expensive and not the colour I was hoping for.

If any can recommend any other options I would be very appreciative!:rotfl:

:)
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Finance, well Lunns do offer this I see the ad in the window.

If you get a high quality diamond they you should get a certificate with it. If they don't offer then I would be suspicious.
  • duggan1
    duggan1 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If you aren't in too much of a hurry jump on one of those day trips to glasgow. There's a street in the city centre which is just jewellers shops.
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Yes there is, its an arcade running off Buchanan Street. I used to wander down it for a nose and diamonds all the way.

Not sure about finance they will offer. You never actually mentioned this in your first post. So people will suggest all jewellers who they believe are the best, but may not offer this. Would you not consider just waiting and saving say in the Credit Union and then getting a loan from them if you must. The interest will be so much lower.
  • Zola.
    The jewler's offer 0%finance so no interest.
  • xpinkladyx
    xpinkladyx Posts: 42 Forumite
    Hi again, I wouldn't take the competitors word for it - I got a certificate with my engagement ring from Joseph Rea's, shows the ring value as double what was paid for it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure