British Gas & Power Flush

Comments

• fayraz wrote: »
    I am having problems with sludge in my system, so I have installed a Magnaclean TwinTech and I am just waiting for a week or so make sure there are no leaks anywhere before I put the cleaner in (http://www.sentinel-solutions.net/product/detail/central-heating/concentrates/x400-system-restorer/).

I was thinking of leaving the cleaner in for a week or two and vibrating them now and again to clean them out and after adding the inhibator.

i would say that the magnaclean is one of the best items you can fit to your central heating ..i have fitted quite a few of these ..i once fitted one on a very slugded up system and we had great results ..i havnt fitted one of the twintech ones yet but they are said to be even better ..

just make sure if you use x400 to give it a good flush out after and before you put in the inhibitor ..

i hope this was helpfull
    X British Gas engineer and X BG sales adviser.
    Please don,t let this put you off.
  • fayraz
    fayraz Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i would say that the magnaclean is one of the best items you can fit to your central heating ..i have fitted quite a few of these ..i once fitted one on a very slugded up system and we had great results ..i havnt fitted one of the twintech ones yet but they are said to be even better ..

just make sure if you use x400 to give it a good flush out after and before you put in the inhibitor ..

i hope this was helpfull

After you installed the Magnaclean how long did it take before you started seeing results?

I cleaned mine out a few days after install and it was full of black water and a bit of sludge around the magnet and some stuff in the gauze. I was expecting a lot more but I guess it is still settled at the bottom of the radiators.
    After you installed the Magnaclean how long did it take before you started seeing results?

I cleaned mine out a few days after install and it was full of black water and a bit of sludge around the magnet and some stuff in the gauze. I was expecting a lot more but I guess it is still settled at the bottom of the radiators.

to be honest i did it for a friend who didnt want to pay for a powerflush ..

to start with the system didnt work very well at all was taking about 4 hours to heat up ...i fitted the magnaclean and left it on a few hours and then cleaned it out ..i then went back a month after and clean it again ..only takes 5mins to clean ...the system was working lots better ..getting warm in about an hour ..this was an extreme case and it did need flushing but the magnaclean really did help it ..
    the best thing to do is powerflush the system really but you can always fit the magnaclen first and if it sorts the problems then the job a good un
  • fayraz
    I will get the cleaner in and see how it goes.
    I will get the cleaner in and see how it goes.

if you leave it in for a week or so it should be ok to be honest ..just make sure you drain it down to get all the x400 out ..then for the inhibitor ..

if you want any help or advice or somebody to talk to about it just send me a message and i will send you my number ..always happy to help
  • fayraz
    edited 25 January 2010 at 12:21PM
    if you leave it in for a week or so it should be ok to be honest ..just make sure you drain it down to get all the x400 out ..then for the inhibitor ..

if you want any help or advice or somebody to talk to about it just send me a message and i will send you my number ..always happy to help

Hi,

Just after a bit of advice again, in my previous posts I have said I installed the Magnaclean TwinTech and has been running fine but then I notice one of the radiator valves was leaking I drained the system fixed the valve and all was good.

But yesterday the heating and hot water stopped working on the boiler, I thought it could be the Magnaclean so I cleaned it out and it was not that dirty and everything fired back up again.

Now this morning the heating usually comes on timer at about 6AM but it never worked but the water was working fine. So I decided to put the boiler on constant and it fired up and everything seemed to be working again? When the heating did come on sounded it like air being in the system, could it have been an airlock yesterday and today?

I have a Worcester 30CDi System Boiler with the Intelligent System Package (TD200 & RT10).
    Hi,

Just after a bit of advice again, in my previous posts I have said I installed the Magnaclean TwinTech and has been running fine but then I notice one of the radiator valves was leaking I drained the system fixed the valve and all was good.

But yesterday the heating and hot water stopped working on the boiler, I thought it could be the Magnaclean so I cleaned it out and it was not that dirty and everything fired back up again.

Now this morning the heating usually comes on timer at about 6AM but it never worked but the water was working fine. So I decided to put the boiler on constant and it fired up and everything seemed to be working again? When the heating did come on sounded it like air being in the system, could it have been an airlock yesterday and today?

I have a Worcester 30CDi System Boiler with the Intelligent System Package (TD200 & RT10).

sounds very much like an airlock to me ..turn the heating off and go round and bleed all the rads and any vents points that you have and see how you get on ...feel free to pm me if you cannot sort it and i will be happy to give you my phone number to talk it through
  • fayraz
    sounds very much like an airlock to me ..turn the heating off and go round and bleed all the rads and any vents points that you have and see how you get on ...feel free to pm me if you cannot sort it and i will be happy to give you my phone number to talk it through

Thanks for the offer I will try bleeding the radiators again tonight, I hope it is just an air lock and nothing more.

I don't understand I only installed the Magnaclean and changed a few valves, is it best to bleed radiators with the heating on or off?
  • heating-eng
    heating-eng Posts: 723 Forumite
    edited 25 January 2010 at 3:25PM
    fayraz wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer I will try bleeding the radiators again tonight, I hope it is just an air lock and nothing more.

I don't understand I only installed the Magnaclean and changed a few valves, is it best to bleed radiators with the heating on or off?

with the heating off first then run the system on full then turn it off and check the rads again...you might not get rid of it by bleeding the rads but try it first. plumbers/heating engineers have airlocks problems dont worry about it you will sort it
  • fayraz
    with the heating off first then run the system on full then turn it off and check the rads again...you might not get rid of it by bleeding the rads but try it first. plumbers/heating engineers have airlocks problems dont worry about it you will sort it

I'll give it a go and let you know what happens.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport