Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Options

Comments

• shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am due for an upgrade with EE starting from today.
    My contract comes to an end on the 19th Feb.

Im happy with my current phone, so just looking for a sim only deal.

I phoned EE and they are offering me
    2000 Mins, Unlimited Texts, 2GB of Data for £12.99 pm

Ideally I'm looking for under £10.00 pm.

Had a look at Three Mobile and they are offering:

200 Mins, 2GB data, Unlim Txt, Free usage abroad in 18 countries.
    for £11 pm. Checked network coverage in my area and its fine.

Seems like a good deal? I don't mind about the minutes, as I hardly make any phone calls.

I am confused about this thing about giving 30 days notice to cancel with EE. I want to phone them and get through to disconnections, but do not want to be charged for cancelling early, yet they require 30 days notice. I usually get billed at the end or beginning of each month.

Hi, a few weeks ago I was in exactly the same position as you are now.
    After a quick call to EE (telling them I`m leaving for a better deal with virgin) I got 200 mins, 512 mb and unlimited texts for £4.99 on a 12 month contract. Happy with that.
    They did offer to double the data but it was £9.99. Hope this helps.
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • janeseemore
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your very helpful responses :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You should do a little research before calling.

Life Mobile (an EE sub-brand) offer 1500 mins, 1GB of data and unlimited texts for £6 - but on a 30 day contract rather than 12 months and they offer bill capping too.
    shavy65 wrote: »
    Hi, a few weeks ago I was in exactly the same position as you are now.
    After a quick call to EE (telling them I`m leaving for a better deal with virgin) I got 200 mins, 512 mb and unlimited texts for £4.99 on a 12 month contract. Happy with that.
  • Annel
    Annel Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Hope this is the right forum. I am planning to buy my next iPhone outright when my current contract ends and get a SIM only deal. I wouldn't mind staying with o2 as most of my family are with them so my calls don't count towards my allowance. If I can get a better deal elsewhere, I would consider moving.
    I would quite like to have some MMS included but dont know if that's possible.
    Any recommendations, please?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't know any provider offering inclusive MMSs.
    If you really need recommendations, you have to post more clear requirements in terms of your usage and, possibly, the signal.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 9 January 2016 at 2:49AM
    Options
    Annel wrote: »
    Hope this is the right forum. I am planning to buy my next iPhone outright when my current contract ends and get a SIM only deal. I wouldn't mind staying with o2 as most of my family are with them so my calls don't count towards my allowance. If I can get a better deal elsewhere, I would consider moving.

EE mms 50 for £6

Also there is a unlimited mms bundle http://ee.co.uk/help/accounts-billing-and-topping-up/terms-and-conditions/ee-terms-and-conditions/pay-monthly-terms/unlimited-mms-bundles

Voda 100 UK mms for £2.50

Text MMS to 97886

o2 50 UK mms 50 for £5.11, add in myo2 account.

Orange, current customers:

http://www2.orange.co.uk/servlet/Satellite?pagename=OUKPersonal&c=OUKService&cid=1092743825939&t=Service&tab=2
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • The.Far.Tall.Knight
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am due for an upgrade with EE starting from today.
    My contract comes to an end on the 19th Feb.

Im happy with my current phone, so just looking for a sim only deal.

I phoned EE and they are offering me
    2000 Mins, Unlimited Texts, 2GB of Data for £12.99 pm

Ideally I'm looking for under £10.00 pm.

Had a look at Three Mobile and they are offering:

200 Mins, 2GB data, Unlim Txt, Free usage abroad in 18 countries.
    for £11 pm. Checked network coverage in my area and its fine.

Seems like a good deal? I don't mind about the minutes, as I hardly make any phone calls.

I am confused about this thing about giving 30 days notice to cancel with EE. I want to phone them and get through to disconnections, but do not want to be charged for cancelling early, yet they require 30 days notice. I usually get billed at the end or beginning of each month.

I thought I'd let you know, have you seen this?!

http://uk.freedompop.com/uk/plans_bundle?experience=uk.default

Get Talk, Text, and Data at prices up to 30% off Vodafone, EE, and O2!

Best of all, the limited launch special is the PREMIUM 1GB at just £8.99/month but 100% FREE Trial for the first month so you can simply drop out and no harm done. However if you stay you can have 1000 Voice Minutes, 1000 Text Messages & 1Gb Data & Free Premium Voicemail. You can boost it to 2BG a month for an extra £2 a month ie £11.99 a month but if you only use 200 minutes, 200 texts & 200mb data you can have the "BASIC " for free with the one off £5 activation fee + £2 for the postage - AND THAT'S FREE FOREVER!!

No overage penalties. Additional data can be purchased for 1p/MB for Premium plans or 1.5p/MB for the Free plan.
    You can rollover your unused data and keep it for when you need it and Store up to 20GB of Rollover data, Share Rollover data with friends and get usage alerts
    Free Trial - Exclusive Offer for new users only

Premium 1GB - 100% FREE for the first month. This trial is only available for a limited time so be quick. You can cancel your trial anytime on the website or by calling customer support. You'll continue to receive Premium 1GB with text & minutes every month for £8.99 after your trial period expires.
  • The.Far.Tall.Knight
    Options
    Annel wrote: »

Have you seen this?!

http://uk.freedompop.com/uk/plans_bundle?experience=uk.default

Get Talk, Text, and Data at prices up to 30% off Vodafone, EE, and O2!

Best of all, the limited launch special is the PREMIUM 1GB at just £8.99/month but 100% FREE Trial for the first month so you can simply drop out and no harm done. However if you stay you can have 1000 Voice Minutes, 1000 Text Messages & 1Gb Data & Free Premium Voicemail. You can boost it to 2BG a month for an extra £2 a month ie £11.99 a month but if you only use 200 minutes, 200 texts & 200mb data you can have the "BASIC " for free with the one off £5 activation fee + £2 for the postage - AND THAT'S FREE FOREVER!!

No overage penalties. Additional data can be purchased for 1p/MB for Premium plans or 1.5p/MB for the Free plan.
    You can rollover your unused data and keep it for when you need it and Store up to 20GB of Rollover data, Share Rollover data with friends and get usage alerts
    Free Trial - Exclusive Offer for new users only

Premium 1GB - 100% FREE for the first month. This trial is only available for a limited time so be quick. You can cancel your trial anytime on the website or by calling customer support. You'll continue to receive Premium 1GB with text & minutes every month for £8.99 after your trial period expires.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I think she also has to see this to get a more clear picture than you painted:
    Free mobile voice, text and data plans coming to UK ( Freedompop )
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    Sainsburys Closing Mobile Network

Sainsburys was I think 8p per minute pay-as-you-go with no bundles.

They shut mid January. They were on VODAPHONE network which is about all we can get in a rural location.

Switching to VODAPHONE with no bundles takes you up to 35p per minute.

Does anyone know what the best deal is on a VODAPHONE network (antenna) for occasional users?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure