Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Lrnrby
    Lrnrby Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hey!

Just spent a good few hours reading this thread, great to hear others experiences so thought I'd share ours.

16/5- viewed house
    20/5- offer accepted
    22/05- nationwide application for aip filled out but referred to underwriter and lots of documents requested
    28/5- nationwide aip rejected
    28/5- apply and get natwest AIP
    29/5- natwest application submitted
    09/6- natwest underwriter assigned

I am told natwest will decide whether to go to valuation stage or not by close of business tomorrow.

Nationwide didn't give us the decision in principle as the gifted deposit from my uncle wasn't yet in my account so we could t prove its existence and they wouldn't accept a letter and statement from him, natwest havent yet asked for proof of this, has anyone using natwest been asked to prove their deposit?

Anyway fingers crossed for tomorrow!!! Very nervous as if this doesn't go ahead we will definitely lose our house :( London market moves too fast and vendors won't wait around!
  • skipper00
    skipper00 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Hi,

I have made a full application with halifax through the phone last month, sent three payslips and id, valuation came back fine on 4th June. Application is now with the quality check team since 8th June and have not heard anything back from them. I have called halifax and they told me its with the quality check team. When i have asked them if everyone application goes through the quality check team and they said yes. They also said it takes 3 to 5 working days before they can make an offer. Anyone had been in the same boat as me in the past? please advise how long will it take to get an offer?

thanks,

dave
  • skipper00 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have made a full application with halifax through the phone last month, sent three payslips and id, valuation came back fine on 4th June. Application is now with the quality check team since 8th June and have not heard anything back from them. I have called halifax and they told me its with the quality check team. When i have asked them if everyone application goes through the quality check team and they said yes. They also said it takes 3 to 5 working days before they can make an offer. Anyone had been in the same boat as me in the past? please advise how long will it take to get an offer?

thanks,

dave

Am in the same position as you, application in over a month ago, now at quality check stage...need to complete by end of June so I am panicking!

• I am sure it won't be long! :D

Thanks. I think waiting is one of the worst things. do you have a completion date set yet?
  • Leilab
    Leilab Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hi Guys,

Been reading peoples posts for months now. Just want to recommend Virgin in terms of speediness as not many people seem to comment on them on here.

Me and my partner have applied for our first mortgage, we have used a broker which has saved us a lot of hard work and worry. This is our timeline:

26/05/2015 - Offer accepted on house
    29/05/2015 - Valuation booked and paid for
    03/06/2015 - Submitted all paperwork to broker such as P60, payslips etc
    08/06/2015 - Confirmation valuation come back ok, credit checks passed
    11/06/2015 - Offer received

Can't believe how quick it has been. Hoping all those waiting get their offer soon :j
  • Still waiting here, will have been 2 weeks tomorrow since we submitted full application.
    Received some of our documents back from them today, but nothing else, and not our payslips or bank statements.

EA phoned today to tell us the vendor had arranged for our valuation to take place 22/6 - that's another week away!

Guessing it will be another 2 weeks before we get a decision :-(
    It's not about getting what you want, It's about wanting what you get.
  • Thanks. I think waiting is one of the worst things. do you have a completion date set yet?

No yet...the solicitors on both sides are just thrashing it out :) But its a new build, no chain on my end so i'm hoping ASAP!
  • an_ecunemical_matter
    an_ecunemical_matter Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 June 2015 at 8:58AM
    Applied for remortgage online with Firstdirect yesterday 3pm. Call 5.50pm last night from a friendly chap to discuss same but I was eating microwave magic at McSpoons. So I phone them today 2pm. Terrible waiting music but go through the next part of process. Another good and friendly agent. Took about 40 mins.

Get a call back then 4pm. Approved !!!!!

I moved bank to them and now got a mortgage with them. Can't but recommend. :T
  • ShAnE
    ShAnE Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Post
    Can I join all you wonderful folks? Our mortgage application to Bank Of Ireland will be submitted tomorrow, so the waiting game will soon start.
    Current Debt: 0%.
    Current House Deposit: 7%.
  • huntercity
    huntercity Posts: 23 Forumite
    Happy to join the wonderful thread with other folks

24/05/15 purchase offer verbally accepted by the vendor
    29/05/15 made the full mortgage application in Halifax branch
    05/06/15 provided the latest payslip to the MA
    10/06/15 application approved

So totally 10 days to get my mortgage offer issued. Impressed again by Halifax! Now I need to push the vendor harder to give my solicitor qualified acceptance of offer in written and other documents for the formal contract exchange!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback