Complaint Letter Successes

Options

Comments

• freebie_junkie
    freebie_junkie Posts: 4,019 Forumite
    Options
    No
    i email companies all teh time asking for free stuff ans id say 90% are happy to oblige, just teh other day a fancy hair care company sent me a package with £300+ of stuff i guess it depends on how you word your emails!

for complaints i write or telephone, boots are very good with complaints and ive had a few gift cards or added points from various complaints. ive had cheques, giftcards, vouchers, free items etc. from complaints to other companies. i always complain abput poor service or dodgy products and i always get something in return.
    :T The best things in life are FREE! :T
  • aleex
    aleex Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    Yes
    i once complained on boots.com it was a silly complaint i had ordered some chanel perfume and a chanel sample was supposed to come with it so i told them and i got a reply basically saying tough it was limited stock and i replied saying that it was unacceptable and then they replied saying they had refunded the delivery of £3.50 and i accepted that a few days later got a parcel from boots and in it was a mini pure poison gift set so i was pleased
  • cheddar
    cheddar Posts: 563 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Local Authority housing, my house was in a real state and both gardens (young kids) were unuseable had glass and broken items strewn all over it, it took nearly 5 months to be put right and things are still being done to this day: £50 decorating vouchers and a weeks rent paid

Boots, complained about a rude member of staff: £5 voucher

Asda complained about 2 horrifically rude members of staff, one of which when my oh asked where the tinned fruits was, was told 'thats lazy why can't you buy the fruit and do it yourself?' and i asked for a packet of cigarettes for my mum, said they were wrong brand to be told 'well they will all kill you anyway won't they love? : Result? Letter from CS dept, terrible spelling, poor grammar, vague apology, basically told to sod off

Pampers, nappies kept splitting and crystals seeping out: £10 voucher

Huggies, tabs falling off the nappies: £6 voucher

Argos, waited nearly 5 months for a bed with a 14 day delivery, after 19 phone calls, 7 letters and 3 visits: told to get stuffed.
  • dd_wanabee
    dd_wanabee Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    No
    i email companies all teh time asking for free stuff ans id say 90% are happy to oblige, just teh other day a fancy hair care company sent me a package with £300+ of stuff i guess it depends on how you word your emails!

for complaints i write or telephone, boots are very good with complaints and ive had a few gift cards or added points from various complaints. ive had cheques, giftcards, vouchers, free items etc. from complaints to other companies. i always complain abput poor service or dodgy products and i always get something in return.
    can i ask who the company was plz hun
  • deefin
    deefin Posts: 597 Forumite
    Options
    No - but the title needs to change
    i recently had a onken boi youghurt suposedly with wheatgerm only mine didnt have any wheatgerm in it .. . they asked for my address but sent nothing not even an appology ,,
    :A official boots tart :A
  • blackmidnight
    blackmidnight Posts: 13,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've recently complained to virgin trains as their fast track machine printed the wrong date on my return ticket (was meant to be valid for a month but printed the same date as the outward ticket) and they refunded me the price of both the outward and return ticket, not just the one that was wrong so i was happy with that.
    2008: £783.12 - 2009: £6,401.15 - 2010: £4,230.61 - 2011: £8720 - 2012: £2,041.89
    2013: £134.96
  • Shellybee
    Shellybee Posts: 4,171 Forumite
    Options
    No
    I don't send complaint letters often, but when I do, I have always had results.

Phoned a baby milk company (can't remember which one) to complain that the coeliac warning on the back was impossibly small to read = £20 worth of vouchers off the milk.

Sent an email to McDonalds about very poor service and food = Vouchers for £15 worth of food.

A Fisher price toy I had purchased from Woolworths was faulty (it sounded so demonic it scared my child) Woolworths said it was a manufacturing fault. I emailed Fisher Price and was sent a replacement toy and another toy for the same value.

Boots facial wash which was meant to be hypoallergenic made my face go all red and blotchy. I emailed them, got a nice email and phonecall and a £10 giftcard.

Also not a letter of complaint but my mum runs a summer group for kids so I emailed Coca cola and they said I can go and collect 96 cans of coke:T

Always worth a try with a complaint letter or asking for things, the worst they can say is no!
    :coffee:
  • chirpy007
    chirpy007 Posts: 444 Forumite
    Options
    I complained about a rude member of staff in WHS and got a £5.00 voucher. I have just emailed M & S about their declining standards in our local store so l await the reply.
  • clairehas
    clairehas Posts: 2,762 Forumite
    Options
    No
    dyson are really good at sending free things and parts out

my mum complained that her piping broke on her dyson after 2 years and the warranty was out! but they said it was no problem and sent her 2 pipes, yes two FREE!

so it saved her money as she was going to buy a new one!
  • noddy10661
    Options
    My 10 year old son was most upset to find a tiny piece of plastic in a Tesco fresh roll. We took it back to customer services and within 3 days we had a £50 shopping voucher.
    And my credit card was always rejected by 1 checkout in Sainsburys, I wrote and complained and the manager wrote back and offered to take me out for coffee!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure