Moorcroft

I had a debt with Santander for a store card. This debt was sold to Arrow Group and is managed by Moorgroup.
I am paying this through Step change as part of my DMP.

I have recently discovered there is a discrepency with the balance on this debt. I only realised this as I called Moorcroft for an up to date balance. Its actually around £400.00 over.

I have sent a letter with a copy of the payments that have made. I am still awaiting a response after 6 weeks.
Moorcroft dont send out any statements not even annually. This seems to me to be very bad practice.

Does anyone know if they are allowed to take payments and not send statements.

Comments

• rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,870 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I would also hit them with a sec 78 (CCA) request as well, make them earn there ill gotton gains, info is on the link above provided by Rizla King.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,483 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Given that Arrow probably paid about £40 for this, another route you may want to take is a full & final settlement offer

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/24%20EW%20Full%20and%20final%20settlement%20offers/Default.aspx
  • rizla_king
    rizla_king Posts: 2,895 Forumite
    I had a debt with Santander for a store card. This debt was sold to Arrow Group and is managed by Moorgroup.
    I am paying this through Step change as part of my DMP.

I have recently discovered there is a discrepency with the balance on this debt. I only realised this as I called Moorcroft for an up to date balance. Its actually around £400.00 over.

I have sent a letter with a copy of the payments that have made. I am still awaiting a response after 6 weeks.

Could be just interest SC havent accounted for?
    Still rolling rolling rolling...... :) <
    SIGNATURE - Not part of post
  • Many thanks for all your replies.

This debt was originally 8400.00 and have now have it down to 900.00! I've tried get F&F settlements from my other creditors but as there all relatively low amounts now, they wont entertain it.

Santander was one of the most helpful creditors and froze all interest. Arrow never made me aware that they would charge interest, and have assured me that they have'nt. However as I don't get statements, who knows.

I'll take the advice given and get a statement of account request sent off.

I still don't understand how a debt company can take regular payments and not send statements, I'm also going to complain to the Ombudsman about this.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,870 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

Santander was one of the most helpful creditors and froze all interest. Arrow never made me aware that they would charge interest, and have assured me that they have'nt. However as I don't get statements, who knows.

I'll take the advice given and get a statement of account request sent off.

I still don't understand how a debt company can take regular payments and not send statements, I'm also going to complain to the Ombudsman about this.

They are not allowed to charge you interest unless the original contract specifically allows them to, which is very rare.

DCA`s are only legally bound to send a statement every 12 months, however, you can request one at any time, and they are obliged to respond with one.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • They dont even send statements annually and said they only send them if asked as some customers dont like to receive them!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure