first-timer: Abbey address to reclaim bank charges

Hi,

I must have been charged hundreds if not thousands of pounds over the past few years as results of bounced DD's etc.. I never realised I could possibly claim the charges back until I found this website! I have been to the consumeractiongroup site and found the letter templates but I can't work out the address for Abbey? There are quite a few for Abbey National but I don't know which one to use?

Please help another opressed person reclaim some rightful pennies, they will make a HUGE dent in my financial position :)

Kind regards,
M

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    hi the address should be at the top of the abbey forum in the sticky on the consumeractiongroup website, in fact I know it is as Ive seen it there myself

:wave:
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Hi MM. I'm in the same situation, I enquired this morning as to the date my account was closed, so that I at least appear competant when I start to apply.

Have you seen the Abbey forum on the CAG site, I had a browse and some people have had results, although Abbey have now changed their solicitors.

I was thinking of starting a thread on that forum, when i take the plunge and send off for my statements. :eek:
  • Hi MM. I'm in the same situation, I enquired this morning as to the date my account was closed, so that I at least appear competant when I start to apply.

Have you seen the Abbey forum on the CAG site, I had a browse and some people have had results, although Abbey have now changed their solicitors.

I was thinking of starting a thread on that forum, when i take the plunge and send off for my statements. :eek:
    Hi, I've just spent a good amount of time reading the CAG forums and I'm a lot more positive now I have done so! I have found the relevant postal address to send off the request for my statements and will send the letter tomorrow when I get back to work to print it out.

The annoying thing is this morning I called the Abbey to discuss my situation, they are looking at scamming another £96 off me for bounced DD's last month! I can't remember how much I have been charged over the past few years but I do remember I was stung for over £200 one month, I'm really hoping I can get some/all of it back.

Good luck to you, I'll keep an eye both here and the CAG forums for your progress.. maybe we can be anti-Abbey buddies!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure