PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2017 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• *snow*white*
    *snow*white* Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hello everyone please can I be put down for £250 again.

Sons birthday today and doing bbq on Sunday but have a separate budget for this.

Hoping to do better than June :rotfl:
    NST#14/2
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 July 2017 at 1:26AM
    July already - frightening how the year is flying past. Can I please be put down for £70 for the month, which is slightly lower than my normal budget of £80. It's mostly for myself, and my daughter sometimes, to also include toiletries & cleaning stuff, but not alcohol. I'm going to try to concentrate on stores - I have a ton of white & brown rice, but got a bit put off with the arsenic claims, so not sure I can bring myself to use it, do others worry about stuff like this, probably not huh - we shall see and I need brown & red lentils, salad stuff, veg and a mega container of minced garlic, I use tons of the stuff, but really that's all for a first shop. Here's wishing everyone a good month. xx

• PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Good morning everyone! I'm joining in today, as my month is by the calendar. Will be doing the weekly shop tomorrow, which may be more than normal, as I had to go without buying a few things last month in order to be close to budget. So that's cheese, lazy garlic, lard and a couple of other things that I can't recall right now.

I'm making space slowly in the freezer and on the extra shelving. I'm hoping to free up even more space this month, maybe even a whole shelf! Good to have a goal...

Almost finalised the meal plan for July, making sure that things are being used. I'll be doing a roast chicken on one day, which will free up quite a big space in the freezer! Today I've taken two chicken breast out of the freezer to make fajitas - this will use up a fajita box from the shelves too. A good start to using up the stocks!

Interesting (for me) point of conversation... What and how much should be in a normally-stocked pantry? I'm talking without crazy amounts of stocking up which is what I currently do!!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ! Today I've taken two chicken breast out of the freezer to make fajitas - this will use up a fajita box from the shelves too. A good start to using up the stocks!

PG x

Snap. Although I resisted the pack at Mr L. I am going to try making my own fajita rub. I have taken out the chicken, I bought wraps and I had salsa, onions and peppers already. Greek Yog will do instead of creme Fraiche.

I stupidly did the shop yesterday without having done a proper meal plan. I am going to concentrate on using up cupboard contents. As DH and I are both home this week there may be some weird and wonderful combinations.:rotfl:
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    So after filling up at the end of last month I've just finished my first shop of the month ... still a smaller than usual one as I'm trying to work through the freezer ...
    So spend of £25.01 today
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 July 2017 at 5:55PM
    As DH and I are both home this week there may be some weird and wonderful combinations.:rotfl:
    lol ...... I love the combinations you can come up with using stores.

Done my main shop for the week, which came to £12.30 in total. Sainsbobs, for non dairy cheese, spread etc n grains and went to the market and got an absolute ton of veg for £5. I won't bore you, though I really want to, but one example was 7 broccoli for £1, three being huge. I now have a load of cooking to do turning them in2 soups 4 the freezer, but hey. I think I might just enjoy a quick drink of my voddy I treated myself to, blowing over half my drinks budget. Oh well. that's how it goes sometimes. Have a lovely rest of w/e everyone.
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm in for this month - my months runs from 30th June to 30th July. My target this month is £275 - last month was terrible, I spent well over £300 pounds!

Big shop done today so I'm at £75.26/£275
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Merlin's_Beard Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So popped to Tesco for a bit of milk, came out £11.69 lighter.

So I'm at £11.69/£100.

Monthly delivery (I prefer "time-poor" over "can't be bothered" ;) ) on Monday, with hopefully the big stock up of the month and two weeks of meals planned out there, so after that I'll be on:

£62.75/100 and it'll only be the third!
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • Evening all
    I didn't post much in June as my eldest son took me by surprise and came home as soon as his exams finished so I've been busy and working long hours.
    I need to keep to my budget over the summer because there are 3 of us instead of 2 now. I don't take any money from my sons for food when they're home because they'll have enough debt when they finish university so I'll just keep to budget 😀

Will keep to £250 of my annual budget for July :)

Good luck everyone
    Blitz that mortgage
    Jun 2016 £152,000
    April 2021 £85,000
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening everyone and a warm welcome to the new peoples and returners :hello:

Thank you Zippy and Coxy for running the thread so efficiently for us again :D

I am sticking to our usual £200 for July from the 1st to 31st for DH and myself. This covers all our food, household, laundry and general toiletries. It is definitely getting tighter each month atm with the prices starting to rise quite noticeably, but still want to try to keep in budget for the rest of the year.

We have quite good stocks in but will probably need to do a butcher shop before the end of the month, as that is starting to get a bit low. Hoping the weather improves again so can get away with slightly smaller portions and stretch it all a bit more :rotfl:

Hope you all enjoying the weekend and good luck with the challenge
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories