PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Skadi
    Skadi Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Went to the cinema yesterday so looked around the ones in the city. They're mostly the expensive ones I don't normally have very much luck with, but found a very pretty deck of tarot cards for £1.49! :D
    Best 2016 Wins - Nails Inc Bundle, Sebo Vacuum, Walking Dead Figure Subscription
  • Suzexxx
    Suzexxx Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    Picked up a blue and white striped loose fitted White Stuff top from BHF in Worcester today £3.29 :)

Suze x
    2015 wins :j Sekonda watch, Harry Potter hardback book,
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Skadi wrote: »
    Went to the cinema yesterday so looked around the ones in the city. They're mostly the expensive ones I don't normally have very much luck with, but found a very pretty deck of tarot cards for £1.49! :D
    When buying tarot cards, it is recommended that you buy the pack that you are instinctively "drawn" to. There's nothing wrong with being drawn to a bargain.;)

:beer:
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had my Tarot cards given to me as a present about 40 years ago. Haven't used them for years but they are still kept carefully ;)
    Not seen any bargains lately - I've donated more haha
    Happy Hunting everyone!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • Ballymackeonan
    Options
    This is a busy time for me in work, so I've been suffering CS withdrawal in the past couple of weeks. Made it into my local one on Saturday afternoon, and got a brown wool Sisley mini-dress which will make a great tunic over the warm brown trousers I got a couple of months ago in the same CS - only £3.00!
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    I went to a local hospice shop earlier and came out with a pure wool bright red cardigan with brass buttons - the label says St Michaels (which is M&S) Made in the UK, pure new wool. It looks new although it can't be because the St Michael brand disappeared a while ago. It cost me £3.50 - a similar cardigan in Marks today would cost about £40.

I also bought a vase with dried and fake flowers in - the vase is tall and elegant and has a picture of mauve alliums on it, two of the flowers in the vase are silk alliums (the rest is ting and some other weird stuff). This cost me £3 and I am sure I have seen the vase in Sainsbury's or Next (I will have to look at the bottom).
  • empressemma
    Options
    In the last week....
    High street branch of 'Relate' closed this week - which was a shame as these are the ones who have a blanket price for everything, regardless of makes, such as all dresses £3.50
    So I popped in on closing day and picked up 2 dresses, both George for £2 each, a skirt for £1 a Mary berry hardback book for 50p and a downtown Abby book for a friend for 50p - plus some paperbacks for 25p each. As I was paying I spotted 2 fortnum and mason tin tea caddies which were new and sealed- £1 each! I bought my hubby some tea from there last time I was in London, and a cardboard caddy was around £7/8 so very pleased with the teas! (Well hubby is as I don't like 'funny' tea - but the tins are very pretty!!!)

Then, my local relate store, picked up some more paperbacks and a lovely mustardy yellow long sleeve top, and a holiday dress for my friend out of the 10p bucket - it seems they are receiving the old stock from the high street store so were pricing things at a reduced rate! Whole lot was £1.40!!!! Must pop in again this week and see if there's any more bargains!!
  • good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I went on a CS hunt this morning.
    I wanted more stock of material for crafting. I bought a pink duvet cover, stripy sheet and some new material on a coat hanger x2.
    Spent £12. Now washed and out on the line.

I thought the second hand clothes were costly. I think I am a bit spoiled with a m & s outlet store nearby.
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Horace - I think I used to have an identical M and S cardie! I hacked the buttons off and put plain flat ones on. A friend of mine had the same cardie and we both wore them out!

Went to Pershore today. First shop I went to (Oxfam? have just thrown tags on the stove!) was the one.

Waterproof warm trousers for bigger son (for sledging) - £3.00

Brand new cat "igloo". It has a removable padded mattress part then has a cloth pyramid over that with a little entrance. £4.00 So far just one cat has put her head in then backed out! The more adventurous cats are outside at the moment.
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh Pershore - I haven't been there for ages - I love Pershore and all its charity shops. I occasionally drive down there in the summer for a mooch.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure