Post Office Online Saver

Options
surreysaver
surreysaver Posts: 4,105 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 11 July 2017 at 4:48PM in Savings & investments
How do I find out what the sort code and account numbers are for my Online Saver? After two-and-a-half weeks, I've finally received my passcode to log in, and the account number is asterisked apart from the last four digits, and the sort code is nowhere to be found. I've had none of this information from previous letters or emails from them either.
I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?

Comments

• youngretired
    youngretired Posts: 581 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You should of had a letter 'Welcome to your new savings account' and this would show the Post Office sort code 90-78-68 and your account number plus the interest rate. Did you make an initial deposit on the opening application?

If you haven't done so then this might be the reason you haven't had the details yet, as the letter also shows the opening balance (I've always done a initial deposit of £5 via direct debit just to make sure it works). You can make deposits via debit card and the direct debit that has been set up on your nominated account.
  • surreysaver
    Options
    You should of had a letter 'Welcome to your new savings account' and this would show the Post Office sort code 90-78-68 and your account number plus the interest rate. Did you make an initial deposit on the opening application?

If you haven't done so then this might be the reason you haven't had the details yet, as the letter also shows the opening balance (I've always done a initial deposit of £5 via direct debit just to make sure it works). You can make deposits via debit card and the direct debit that has been set up on your nominated account.

No, I've only just received the passcode today, so haven't been able to make an initial deposit as I have only just been able to set up the direct debit. I received a welcome email, but no account details were contained within it.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The pass code is supposed to take up to 5 business days to arrive and the account number up to 10 business days. From remarks in other threads PO Savings is not the most efficient of organisations.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/dam/jcr:148d19fd-ca62-4604-9560-3548d9f74ca9/online-saver-key-information-pack.pdf
  • surreysaver
    Options
    alanq wrote: »
    The pass code is supposed to take up to 5 business days to arrive and the account number up to 10 business days. From remarks in other threads PO Savings is not the most efficient of organisations.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/dam/jcr:148d19fd-ca62-4604-9560-3548d9f74ca9/online-saver-key-information-pack.pdf

The first passcode never arrived, and I had to order another one. I rang up three times asking for a new one, each time them telling me to 'give it another day, its got to come from Ireland'. I finally demanded they send me a new one, and it only took three days!
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The first passcode never arrived

That's ironic!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income