What small DFW things will you be doing this week? WC 03/07

Options

Comments

• DaniS
    DaniS Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, thank you for the lovely welcome yesterday.

I was up bright and early this morning, 4.22am to be exact. The joys of being pregnant!

DS is off to the in laws at 9am, then I'm off to the hospital for an appointment. Then I plan on finishing packing my hospital bag.

I plan:

Check bank, update spreadsheets, make PAD
    Iron work shirts for OH, put washing away from line yesterday
    Slice and freeze half banana loaf made yesterday
    Meals from stores
    Park in free car park at hospital (longer walk but I don't mind) so I can have another NSD
    Update food inventory ready for meal plan next week

Have a lovely day all!
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Another hot sticky night last night and didn't sleep great.

Hoping for a NSD today, it's been a while since I've had one of those.

* Washing on and hang outside to dry
    * Received an invite from Buzzagent to try some new Shredded Wheat cereal so accepted that and look forward to a couple of boxes in the post
    * Workout later this afternoon if I can bear doing it in the heat
    * Need to tackle the mountain of ironing, might leave it until Sunday when it's cooler
    * Update payments spreadsheet
    * Complete some surveys on Swags

Have a great day everyone!
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yesterday I did everything I planned as well as going to my Sister's. I intend to be there for a couple of hours, but my nephew had cooked a bean stew and had made loads so we were invited to join them for dinner which was lovely :D We all had plenty of hugs with the latest addition and I had lots of hugs with my Sister's other children :D
    I ran a couple of errands for my Sister as well as doing some chores.

Today's plan (the observant among you will notice a striking resemblance to yesterday's):
    Dry washing outside for free
    Set WM to run overnight
    Set DW to run overnight
    Soak a batch of oats for tomorrow's porridge
    Educate children for free
    Entertain us for free
    RM survey, restarted this week
    B/L/D from stores
    Stick to meal plan
    NSD
    Look into day trips for July and August
    Enjoy home grown raspberries
    Take and submit meter readings
    Post on this thread for motivation and inspiration
    Check bank accounts
    Review months money plan
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Another one who didn't sleep well, too warm. Todays jobs

-write a shopping list for our barbi tomorrow. A farewell party for our youngest who is off to Australia with his gf for a year. We are going to miss him
    - already checked bank
    -list 10 items in my ebay shop
    -post 7 items out this morning
    -we need to tidy the garden for tomorrow although it's looking pretty good at the moment
    -strip and wash the bedding in the spare room as mum and dad are staying over tomorrow night.
    -pick up some Australian dollars, just a little gift for youngest DS so they have some currency at the airport

Phew chill and relax tonight.. Have a good day all x
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DaniS welcome to one of the best places on the Internet.
    I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • little_pink_purse
    Options
    morning everyone

well back to work I go
    on a good note I've managed to secure 11 hrs extra hours every little helps lol

today
    ebay
    wash on
    meals from stores
    nsd fingers crossed
    hoover

better go get to work lol

xxxxlppxxxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • DaniS
    DaniS Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    DaniS welcome to one of the best places on the Internet.
    I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly.

Ah thanks. The actual pregnancy hasn't been too bad, it's everything else that pregnancy affects :rotfl:

Although, having a 14 month old has made it a little bit testing at times!
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Julie67, I can't imagine how you must be feeling but it must be up there with first day at school!

Welcome, Dani :)

Unlike everyone else I could sleep for England! I had a nap yesterday afternoon, woke to eat something in the evening and then fell asleep again! I woke at 8am today just in time to enjoy the alarm not going off :D

So far today I've:

Re fixed my mortgage saving me £27 per month on the variable rate :)

Loaded the dishwasher

Put some washing on

Watered the garden

Brushed the carpet with the cat grooming brush to get the cat hair off

Cleaned the fish tank, as well as the 22 babies in the small tank I've spotted another in the big tank that must have either got sucked up with the water or come in on one of the plants. I couldn't catch it but it's survived this long without being eaten (or even seen!) so fingers crossed for it!

This afternoon I need to:

Return the forms to the new GP

Eye test at 3pm

Do a little bit of sorting of the garden store.

In other news, my mum gave me some cash for my birthday soon, most of it will go towards debts but I have bought myself a ticket to see Tom Petty in Hyde Park on Sunday. I am beyond excited, my favourite male artist being supported by my favourite female artist, it doesn't get much better!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MONEY MAKING AND SAVING SITES AS OFTEN MENTIONED IN THIS FORUM
    • Benefits check-up ( Link)
    • Coupon Shop Forum list of money-off coupons (Link)
    • Cooking On A Bootstrap, cheap recipes ( Link)
    • eBid ( Link)
    • Freecycle ( Link )
    • Free Postcode Lottery (Link)
    • FreeStuff ( Link)
    • FreeUKStuff ( Link)
    • Income Tax Calculator (Link)
    • i-Say Surveys (Link)
    • List of online newspapers. At bottom of the linked page. ( Link)
    • LuckyPhone free lottery with loyalty rewards (Link)
    • Marriage Tax Allowance (Link)
    • MSE Boost Your Income page. Gateway to lots of money-making links. ( Link)
    • MSE Abbreviations Explained ( Link)
    • MSE Deals and Vouchers ( Link )
    • MSE Wow Offers ( Link )
    • NHS Minor Ailment Service article (Link)
    • My Supermarket ( Link )
    • Number Plate Lotto (Link) New to this list
    • OnePoll ( Link )
    • Quidco ( Link)
    • Reclaim PPI at no cost to yourself without using a claims company. ( Link )
    • Resolver tool. Helps you draft a letter, send it, monitor replies and then escalate it to an Ombudsman or key complaint body if it's not sorted. (Link)
    • SayNoTo0870 cheap phone number finder ( Link)
    • Survey sites that pay for your opinions ( Link)
    • Swagbucks ( Link)
    • Swapit ( Link)
    • Tickety Split cheap train tickets (Link)
    • Toluna ( Link)
    • TopCashBack ( Link )
    • Wombling Guide (Link)
    • You Need A Budget site and App (Link)
    If any of the links are broken, let me know.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,115 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon Friday Frugalistas,
    Odd sort of day.....back still aching like mad plus not feeling great from other issues, but is it getting me down? 'Nooooo!'. Well, it is a bit, actually, but nevertheless, I've had a productive day & have now come to a temporary standstill as am having to wait in for the Fish man to bring my order. So here are today's efforts to spend less & stay solvent:
    *Finished meal plans for next week, basing heavily around a big joint of pork we are aiming to cook on Sunday. Evangelical about leftovers in this house!
    *Wrote shopping list.
    *Put all vouchers ready for grocery shopping tomorrow.
    *Updated grocery budget & paid Week 1's shop off CC (only use it for loyalty vouchers which help with clothes, gifts, etc).
    *Re-embursed myself £9.50 from Household Piggy to keep smaller budgets straight.
    *NSD. Could have had car this afternoon but no point as have to wait in for fish man.
    *Freezer containers & filet knife all at the ready for fish delivery as will cut into portions & freeze for fishy meals for the next 2 months.
    *Picked more sweet peas from garden for a fragrant bouquet on lounge windowsill.
    *Entered a competition & 2 prize draws.
    *Pack a couple of filled rolls, crisps & mini-muffins to take with us on city centre trip tomorrow. Am happy to buy coffees while we're there & possible a treat to share (or may take mini-scone contraband!) but not to then waste £15 -ish on a very average supermarket cafe lunch because we've arrived to get our groceries at lunchtime when we're hungry.
    *Divvy up the slow cooker BBQ sauce I made yesterday. Need a goodly amount for BBQ tomorrow but rest can be frozen for future use & will tempt mr f away from hanging his nose over premium brands of such sauces in the supermarket for a little while!
    *Cleaned whole house using minimal products & microfibre cloths. Couldn't lift Dyson upstairs with my bad back but mr f unexpectedly popped back home for lunch, as if he knew there was a Dyson-hoisting job just waiting for him.
    *Checked veggie garden - no need to water today as we had a tremendous downpour & thunderstorm last night.
    Well, that's today's bits & pieces. Intend to knit & watch 'Handmaid's tale' while I wait for the fish man......hope he's not too late, but to be fair, he is coming all the way from Grimsby. Oh.........& an encouraging piece of post today......our statement on our loan account arrived (the one we had to have to help with changing our car last year). It's the 1st statement since we paid off a big lump sum chunk & together with the regular monthly payment, it was lovely to see that the 'Amount outstanding' will begin with a '3' from early next month, instead of a '7'. It annoyed me all over again that I've had to use such a big chunk of the next big instalment to replace a naughty washing machine & some other bits & pieces, but am determined to build up this chunk of money again for another big payment.
    Right. Am looking out for vans & the smell of fish!
    Cheers all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure