PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    CCP wrote: »
    I have to confess I only managed an hour of the closing ceremony last night before I was all Coldplayed out - with apologies to the many fans on this thread, but I'm afraid I'm not one of them. (Although I did laugh when Chris Martin nearly ran headlong into a camera - I have absolutely nothing against CM - he's a very talented songwriter, even if he can't sing ;) - but it was just so nice to see the sort of daft thing that any one of us could do, amongst all the beautiful choreography. :o)

CCP - you can go off people you know! ;) (Even as a fan I know that Chris can sometimes be "off", it was a shame it was last night! Still at least they sing and play live - the same can't always be said of others - and at least Paul McC wasn't there :rotfl:)
    Good evening all !
    2.OH and I went to our usual countryside haunt to pick blackberries. Me being able to pick at waist height only - we got 6.5llbs worth . Now washed and frozen .They were very small this year , but still lovely and sweet.

Have a good evening all!
    How many?????? I have blackberry envy! Really hope your health improves soon.

Hugs Tealady
    PK - get well soon
    Patchwork Quilt - :rotfl: re the caterpillar

Todays pleasures

1. I don't know if this is a pleasure really. DD did her trial day at the other 6th form and came home distraught as she hated it. THe pleasure, I guess, is that at least she knows and she is a little more resigned to her original choice. It is going to take a while....
    2. Put all the washing away and the ironing (COldplay were good for me doing the ironing anyway! :p)
    3. Made bean soup for tea - good job OH is away! :o:D
    4. Another room cleaned and hoovered
    5. Watched big bang theory with DD

2 days to Korea :eek:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Tealady ((hugs))
    Ccp hope your foot is better
    Pk good luck with the interview
    1) birthday lunch with colleague. Yummy tomato andbasil soup
    2) then back to the office for chocolate cake
    3) gym full of students (1st week of term) so went back home for lish chicken casserole
    4) then ds came home for puter which we duly dropped off
    5) then long walk in the drizzle. I love september :D
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 10 September 2012 at 11:46PM
    Evening all, a brief one as it's very late and was a long drive home due to Mway hold-ups.

1. Good weekend, weather fine, accom excellent, sea views from room stunning.
    2. Booked for the same weekend next year, got an 'early bird' discount
    3. Won a dvd player in a raffle. Already got one I've used maybe 3 times in the past 2 years so will sell the new one to a friend who would like it for a reduced price.
    3. Found an ice cream parlour with 30 or so flavours on offer. Didn't manage to get through them all, but we gave it a damned good try!
    4. nsd/npd. Much needed
    5. Neighbour's b'day, gave her L2S vouchers earned doing surveys, bunch of sunflowers and a birthstone dream maker. Farm shop selling 241 bunches of sunflowers so bought one for her and I had the free one :D
  • mcculloch casserole sounds lovely, can I have your recipe pleeeze :D
    Goodness, it's not really a recipe... but here goes.
    Serves 3-4 depending on how greedy people are. Nice with mashed potatoes, no other veg needed.

450g casserole steak, beaten thinnish to tenderise it (if not in chunks when bought) and cut into smallish pieces

c 250g of mushrooms, sliced into biggish chunks

4 decent sized red onions, cut roughly into 1/8ths
    4 decent sized white onions, ditto. If onions are small, use more and cut them into quarters.

Couple of tomatoes, quartered (optional, skinning them is fiddly)

Tin cheapo chopped tomatoes

Tin Campbells Concentrated soup, tomato flavour (optional)

Seasonings of choice and couple of stock cubes if liked.

I used a lot of wholegrain mustard today as I was out of Worcester sauce. This made it quite peppery.

Preheat oven to 150 C. Gas mark 5 ish

Place cut meat & veg (not tinned chopped toms) in bottom of casserole dish.

Put soup if used, stock cubes, tin of tomatoes and seasoning inc mustard if used in large jug.

Top up with boiling water to make enough stock to cover casserole contents plus a bit for evaporation. (This does make a lot of liquid, but I don't like dry casseroles. )

Pour over meat and veg.

Put lid on or bit of foil if you have no lid, put in oven and cook for around two and a half hours. Would go fine in a slow cooker.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Popperwell
    Popperwell Posts: 5,088 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2012 at 1:24AM
    That's lovely...I can do that and have most of the ingredients in my freezer/food store and ideal for the slow cooker...and I can adapt it for a single person:)

I think its time I started to clear out the freezer and build up with new items...and leave the food store alone for the minute...get older food used and create some space...
    "A government afraid of its citizens is a Democracy. Citizens afraid of government is tyranny!" ~Thomas Jefferson

"Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in" ~ Alan Alda
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    VJsmum wrote: »
    CCP - you can go off people you know! ;) (Even as a fan I know that Chris can sometimes be "off", it was a shame it was last night! Still at least they sing and play live - the same can't always be said of others - and at least Paul McC wasn't there :rotfl:)

I'll second that! :rotfl:
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I sat and read your pleasures on the grass at the duckpond at work having a picnic early lunch this morning. Most pleasant!

Stunning start to the day:
    hot air balloons.

An empty house this afternoon when I came in from work....I had asked DD 1 to hang washing out, she never, I asked for dishwasher to be put on after breakfast dishes, it wasn't....had a minute mini rant, realized it was to an empty house....kicked my shoes off, had an apple cake, sat in my office, with the window opened and read my book......blissful! No TV on, no music playing, just me and the birds singing.

Work was okay and adequately staffed.

Had a lovely chat with one of my dear friends who was 50 yesterday, wish I was there to share it with her but a phone call was nice.

3rd sunny day in a row. Makes such a change to everyone's mood. Lovely smell of freshly cut grass this morning, my wee picnic with the ducks and 2 cheeky seagulls, a beautiful dragonfly ( they are as wide as my hand) fluttering around me .

Good on you, Andy Murray ....well done.....surely he'll win in Melbourne next year!

Have a lovely day, we have hospital appointments tomorrow with decisions to be made about future treatments so keep everything crossed for us.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    And a wee extra one, received a $20.00 voucher from a department store in loyalty points. Ta !
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2012 at 2:51PM
    Mhagster - Keeping everything crossed for you and your OH
  • Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny
    Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny Posts: 923 Forumite
    edited 11 September 2012 at 1:50PM
    I am getting Hospital Loyalty points now!!!!!

OK, Sparrar. TILAMS will be rushing through SPARRARSHIRE or the A421 is that tomorning on whey to Papworth. Just hope Jenny kicks like mad.

5 Just had probs with this darn sight. Hit wong buttons and it was gone, now tis back. How the deckens did that happen! Bumming computers, arrrrgh

4 Got long wheelie this morn, nearly 200 yards. Rite, now all I need is Chrimno and the young lad on estate to get his racer and I will show him again.

3 Even better no Jonh Kanaka on the Treadder this morn either. Just lust it when Ms Sonny canna get on her bike without tipping the thing.

2 Swop order with FIL is done, he has got the Faggots and we are gettings the Odlings Sausages on Thursday morn. Well festered they be.

1 Alone, again naturally
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport