PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• almar_2
    almar_2 Posts: 393 Forumite
    Hi, just updating.

I know it doesnt sound good but its brilliant for us... So far we have spent £200 on our groceries. Which means that we have saved over £100 so far. We have everything we need for the first two weeks so we are well on target.

I have also got myself a Tesco clubcard plus card and am enjoying getting double points on all our shopping. So we can look forward to having a free a holiday too.

The OH & boys love coming home to fresh baked stuff and trying out new recipes.

Cant thank you all enough.
    Quidco £196 - Voucher Codes £408 - GC Saved £603
    P.A.D. £[strike]4720[/strike] / £4330- Jan GC £375/Spent £283.78
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Finally made it, another NSD! woo hoo had one the other day without noticing - good tips on here ta!!

Took the reduced milk and bread out of freezer and felt v good!

night everyone!!
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • SmileyS_2
    SmileyS_2 Posts: 196 Forumite
    OHHH please could someone point my in the right direction of the custard cookie recipe.They sound devine
    I have tried to search but to no avail!!!

Well apart from my spend this morning,I have not spent a penny more,have stuck to not eating any rubbish AND have cleaned our bedroom from top to bottom whilst sorting 2 bin linners full if stuff we don't need

I'm actually buzzing about it ..is that sad?

SS x
  • mandy_moo_1
    mandy_moo_1 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    here's the recipe for the custard biccies :D all the recipes are on the first page of this thread if you need any others xx
  • Smileys I don think that's sad at all, I think it's fnatastic! Taking control of your life is a huge buzz as is achieving some of the goals you set for yourself. I'd say just keep building on these early successes and continue setting small goals and achieving them. Good luck. And I can assure you the custard biscuits are yummy.
    Eat food, not edible food-like items. Mostly plants.
  • Hi Everyone!!
    What a horrible day, pouring with rain, feels like winter but at least I'll appreciate the HM Minestrone soup I've got for lunch..
    Popping into school then spending the rest of the day packing for our holiday tomorrow.
    Have a great MS day!
    SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • Morning all,
    Dreary day here in Essex today - raining cats, dogs and chickens I think!:confused: Have just looked out the window and the sky looks totally amazing - you know that totally dark grey it goes before a storm, but there are some pure white clouds hovering in the corner and the sun has just popped out really brighly - beautiful - ooooh, I love storms (not this much though, could do with some sun now...)

Kaat - so glad you found Archie cat - obviously that's his cozy space - they always seem to have a favourite don't they? ;)

Chell - :dance: Contratulations to you, OH & baby Mara - what a lovely name...:dance:

Mrs M - maybe we should keep you in more, not let you out more into those shops where you get all your wonderful bargains :rotfl: - I know, we could start a new holiday company just for GC people who's only outing is to the woopsie aisle and who's idea of fun is to get a NOTW voucher off their shopping, hehehe, we really all need to get out more eh! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Almar - what is a Tesco Clubcard Plus card? sounds interesting? :confused:

Right, no more chat, bleeper has gone off so need to get showered and on with some work...(yea, right...:D ) check in later...
    Den x
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • nessquic80
    nessquic80 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Well firstly, morning all, what a miserable day, its been raining for the last two hours in leicester, just aswell im not going out, mobile hairdresser/friend comming this morning to chop my locks.
    The GC is going ok, ds has gone yarmouth for the week with nan and grandad so no cooking/baking. The freezer looks a bit low now, i keep all my batch frozen stuff in one draw and its nearly empty. OH and i are going out for tea with some friends tonight cus ds is not here (he's 3 and will not sit still in a pub/resturant).
    i have managed to get loads done both lawns mowed kitchen painted TWICE, skirting primed and glossed, whole house hoovered and polished, tops of kitchen cupboards cleaned, floors moped, the list is endless....
    So far this month ive spent £136.20 on shopping so not alot left out of a budget of £200. Also has anyone noticed the price of soda crystals, in tesco two weeks ago they were 26p, yesterday they were 54p:eek: they must have cottoned on that us MSE'rs love them, ive even converted the girls at work:D .

Gonna find something to do for this afternoon, i dont like not knowing what to do, what did i use to do before DS???
    always on the lookout for a bargin always better when its free!!:T

• Just popping in to update my signature. I spent £29.32 on the weekly shop at Mr Ts yesterday and £1.56 on butter from the corner shop on Sunday - ouch. I've realised that I used to choose everything on my list when doing my Mr T shopping online, and then choose more stuff that I didn't need to make it up to around £50!! I'm glad to be able to nip that bad habit in the bud.

Scotsaver - If the blackcurrants look plump and black on the outside, and are juicy when you squish them, and come off the stem easily, then they are probably ready. You could try tasting one, but some varieties are very sour even when ripe! I picked mine a couple of weeks ago, made blackcurrant jelly and compote for winter cereal with them, yum!

Anyway, it's time for me to stop browsing the internet and start doing!

Helen
    Debt: June 2013 £2000

Weight-Loss By December 2013
    14lb/
  • Can anyone help me? I can't seem to find the website I usually use to check supermarket bargains. I thought Mullerlights were on offer 4 for £1 in Sainsburys - just got my receipt out to discover they've taken a poor 16p off mine not £1.16 so I've paid 50 each!!

Other than that it was quite a bargain filled shop in Mr S. Can't believe you can get 8 fairtrade bananas in basics range for £1. total spend £10.47, total left for this month, £12.36 (one week's shopping left, bit closer to the line than I'd like, but still doable - I really must meal-plan though!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure