PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    At least 30 software disks chucked in the bin as we no longer need them. Ive got a bag full of computer related leads and wires to go through.
  • Finally fitted the new DVD player which is nice and small, getting rid of the larger (broken) DVD/Video player and associated leads (of which there seem to be loads!
  • Thrillho
    Thrillho Posts: 55 Forumite
    Just chucked out an old iron, two old coats (far too tatty for the charity shop) and a bag full of random clothes hangers that were sitting in the spare room annoying me for over a year.

One of the coats was an expensive gift which is probably why I hung on to it for so long but it was all crumpled and the pockets had torn so no point keeping it under the bed any longer. Goodbye useless clutter!
  • I'm really feeling in the mood to eBay today, so getting loads photographed to list this evening. Am off on holiday tomorrow, it's definitely a well deserved break. I've decided I want to "declutter" some body weight as well, so will get to that when I get back! Still finding endless amounts of stuff to sell, no idea where it is all hiding really.
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hello

Got a bag of too-big-clothes ready to be collected by the charity people tomorrow. Lots of recycling sorted and general household rubbish ready to go tomorrow (collection day)
    Break up on Friday so hoping to get lots of decluttering done over the next 2 weeks. Plan is to start at the top of the house, DS's loft room and work my way down. If I get the bedrooms and bathrom done I'll be pleased.

Have fun everyone

Pollys
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • I'm all done on eBay, got 18 listed, one is being posted and then I am off on holiday so be back at the weekend. Good luck with the clutter everyone!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Better late than never. Aiming at reaching 366 by the end of the year:
    1) broken laundry basket -> dump
    2) ditto (yes well when 1st broke we put it in the backroom...)
    3) broken toaster -> dump
    4) broken bin -> dump
    5) unused handbag -> CS
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Casati
    Casati Posts: 364 Forumite
    158. shower gel used up bottle in recycling
    159-161. More pet bowls
    162-163. Two big unidentifiable things found down the back of the shelving unit in the garage, Might possibly have once been enormous t-shirts but now rotten old filthyrags
    164. Remote from the dead digibox I threw out last month
    165. little plastic toy thingies
    166. bobbly old vest
    167. Hawaiian flower lei things
    2016: No Clutter to Be Seen 805/2016
    2015 Grand total 2301/2015
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Have not got so many outs after the weekend although I went through DD's clothes with her. We have ended up with a large pile for ragging which I have removed the buttons from already. I have a large pile of items which I need to wash, iron and list on eBay ready for the next FLW. She has some nice clothes there. Have replaced some of her old clothes although looking at her this afternoon, DH has bought her blouses which don't fit her :( there's another argument waiting!
    DH has caught up with all of the washing this weekend and it's all been line dried, lovely :). Better get my eBay item posted tomorrow so will wrap it now. Ttfn..
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ditch 100 in March 124/100

Sorry have been AWOL for a few days - I dont know where the time has gone, lol, I have been trying to do a bit each day and really want to finish March on a high

109 Kilner Jar - Mum
    110 Bag of Cutlery - Mum
    111-112 2 x Bags Junk (modelling) - School
    113 Book - Friend
    114-115 2 x Nail Enamels - Sold
    116-118 2 x Meccano sets - Friend
    119 Box of Frosties (bought by my mum - why?) - Friend
    120 Curry Sauce - Friend
    121 Old Printer Cartridge - School recycling
    122-123 2 x prs Trainers (beyond wear) - Bin
    124 OOD of Rice Krispies (again bought by mum??) - Bin

Everyone is doing great, keep it up :T