Sub Prime Credit Thread Part II

Comments

• Brian1966
    Brian1966 Posts: 1,428 Forumite
    sutton111 wrote: »
    went through the application and they have reduced the limit to £250.
    still £250 more than they will give me :mad:
    May try the route of requesting a catalogue first, just for fun :confused:
    Natwest gold..Limit £1750 bal £970..Vanquis Limit £3000 bal £0..Littlewoods..Limit £1200 bal 0..Additions direct..Limit £4900 bal £1356..Empire Limit £6200 bal £152..Jd williams..Limit £1100 bal £130..Simplybe..Limit £1500 bal 265,,Fashion world..Limit £1400 bal £145 Jacamo..Limit£125 bal 0
    Next..Limit £?? bal £0 Asda..limit £1250 bal £440,
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    seeya23 wrote: »
    work in IT ON SAP AND LAWSON SOFTWARE
    IT? I am also in IT.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • sutton111
    sutton111 Posts: 6,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Brian1966 wrote: »
    still £250 more than they will give me :mad:
    May try the route of requesting a catalogue first, just for fun :confused:

When i first applied i didn't request a catalogue just went straight to applying for an account and i was declined, so when i tried again a couple of weeks later it said i have been pre-approved for £330 which has risen to £600 last month.

This thread has given me the support to do all of this, I would never of looked at my credit file this time last year, but know i feel i have more
    confidence to do things now.
  • seeya23
    seeya23 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    IT? I am also in IT.
    what do you do in it mr p ????
  • Brian1966
    Brian1966 Posts: 1,428 Forumite
    sutton111 wrote: »
    When i first applied i didn't request a catalogue just went straight to applying for an account and i was declined, so when i tried again a couple of weeks later it said i have been pre-approved for £330 which has risen to £600 last month.

This thread has given me the support to do all of this, I would never of looked at my credit file this time last year, but know i feel i have more
    confidence to do things now.
    I'm exactly the same, this time last year I had given up on being 'creditworthy'
    Then I found this thread and currently have nearly £2500 of available credit plus a cheque book account.
    A BIG Thank you to Proliant for starting the original thread :beer:
    And another for everyone else who have given such invaluable advice :j
    Natwest gold..Limit £1750 bal £970..Vanquis Limit £3000 bal £0..Littlewoods..Limit £1200 bal 0..Additions direct..Limit £4900 bal £1356..Empire Limit £6200 bal £152..Jd williams..Limit £1100 bal £130..Simplybe..Limit £1500 bal 265,,Fashion world..Limit £1400 bal £145 Jacamo..Limit£125 bal 0
    Next..Limit £?? bal £0 Asda..limit £1250 bal £440,
  • sutton111 wrote: »
    ...i can't get Vanquis.....

I'm in the same boat as you.

I applied yesterday for this card assuming it was one of the easier one's to get.

During the online application, it kept giving several error messages notably when it kept listing my incorrect address and I manually typed it in.
    And again when keying in my total household/income figure, the page kept 'repeating itself' asking me to input this income.
    I thought there must have been something wrong with the website at that time?

Eventually, it finally got to the Agreement page, and I pressed the submit button to await the decision of the application.

Almost instantaneously, as if it had already decided, a page flashed up saying that my application had been declined.

What a bummer!!:rotfl:
  • sutton111
    Doshamento wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you.

I applied yesterday for this card assuming it was one of the easier one's to get.

During the online application, it kept giving several error messages notably when it kept listing my incorrect address and I manually typed it in.
    And again when keying in my total household/income figure, the page kept 'repeating itself' asking me to input this income.
    I thought there must have been something wrong with the website at that time?

Eventually, it finally got to the Agreement page, and I pressed the submit button to await the decision of the application.

Almost instantaneously, as if it had already decided, a page flashed up saying that my application had been declined.

What a bummer!!:rotfl:

Normally Vanquis don't give straight "accept" or "decline" do you think it could of been a mistake and worth either re-applying or giving them a ring?
    Normally Vanquis don't give straight "accept" or "decline" do you think it could of been a mistake and worth either re-applying or giving them a ring?

Yes Sutton - The online response was immediate, and stated that they couldn't offer me a card.

I checked my Credit Expert (experian) file today, and it shows a search enquiry made by them on 12th Feb.

So the credit search confirms that it did go through ok, albeit in a strange and delayed process - just appears that I was one of the unfortunate people that Vanquis don't want to offer their card to at the moment??:confused:
  • sutton111
    Doshamento wrote: »
    Yes Sutton - The online response was immediate, and stated that they couldn't offer me a card.

I checked my Credit Expert (experian) file today, and it shows a search enquiry made by them on 12th Feb.

So the credit search confirms that it did go through ok, albeit in a strange and delayed process - just appears that I was one of the unfortunate people that Vanquis don't want to offer their card to at the moment??:confused:

What nasties do you have on your file?
    What nasties do you have on your file?

I don't have any CCJ's, but quite a few searches due to taking a fondness of the 'apply button'.:D

I used to have a Default on my credit files 2 years ago, but with a lot of time, effort and perseverence, I managed to get it successfully removed.

Other than that, I have a current account, mobile phone, Capital One Classic and a Cashplus Creditbuilder card - all of which are up to date with payments.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure