turning cupboard under stairs into loo?

Comments

• JoolzS
    JoolzS Posts: 824
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Like firefox, I hate downstairs loos.

If you are considering installing one - ask yourself - do you really want the smell of your friend crapping wafting into your hallway?

Julie
  • Mr_Warren_2
    Mr_Warren_2 Posts: 991
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well Julie, you can now buy a very nice aerosol type product in most supermarkets. It's called "air freshener" and believe me when you live in a large house (and even a small one) a downstairs toilet keeps all the strangers to the house ....downstairs and leaves your nice bathroom to you and your family. Imagine coming in from the garden with an immediate need for a P and having to remove your clothes etc. to get access to the tpoilet upstairs????

As for people who won't put a Saniflow because little Johny likes to throw pebbles in the unit, they also do devices called locks/hooks that can be fitted to the upper part of the door.

Have a lovely weekend.
  • charliee_3
    charliee_3 Posts: 803 Forumite
    edited 25 April 2009 at 6:32PM
    JoolzS wrote: »
    Like firefox, I hate downstairs loos.

If you are considering installing one - ask yourself - do you really want the smell of your friend crapping wafting into your hallway?

Julie

tbh i dont think the smell of your friends crap wafting into your bedrooms is much better lol :eek:
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    I do not know about firefox and Joolzs, a few sweeping generalisations here I think. "Dimly lit, pokey, no windows or fresh air." Doh!
    Absolutely impossible to fix any of those. I think not. We are talking about design here, get it! Design!
    I agree entirely with the sentiments of Mr Warren. I would not be without a downstairs toilet in any house that I lived in.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • olias
    olias Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Bottom line is you either have enough room for a downstairs loo and the correct layout for plumbing etc or you don't. Personally, particularly if you have kids, I would not be without an ensuite. You have to have somewhere to relax and have as 'your space'.
    The other benefit of an ensuite, is your friends/rellies don't have to know that you use anusol/athletes foot cream/facial hair bleacher etc etc (delete as appropriate!:rotfl:)

Olias
  • olias
    Forgot to say, the other thing with downstairs loos is that if you are a guest you are invariably directed to them instead of upstairs. Now I don't know about you, but if I'm grunting and groaning and pebbledashing a friends loo, the last thing I want is to hear them (or worst still their wives!) chatting away just a few feet from where I'm curling one out!:rotfl:

Olias
  • charliee_3
    charliee_3 Posts: 803 Forumite
    lovely subject!!! remind me not to invite you round to christen the new house olias.. lol :rotfl:
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    27col wrote: »
    I do not know about firefox and Joolzs, a few sweeping generalisations here I think. "Dimly lit, pokey, no windows or fresh air." Doh!
    Absolutely impossible to fix any of those. I think not. We are talking about design here, get it! Design!

What I actually said was "They are usually dimly lit and poky with no window or fresh air ..." which is neither a sweeping statement nor a generalisation (both would be tautology). Thanks for repeating the word design, I didn't understand the first. :rolleyes:
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Olias,

if I found my loo pebbledashed after a visit by you, I really dont think I would invite you back!!:rotfl:
  • olias
    I do flush.....honest!

Olias
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business