Cheap Airport Parking: Gatwick Airport hints, tips and local parking

Comments

• mrliam
    mrliam Posts: 5 Forumite
    missemsy wrote: »
    Has anybody used APH AT GATWICK or COPHALL FARM ?

and ... has anybody used the site motoringdiscounts to book airport parking:cool:

My family have been using Cophall Farm for years, as for a long time they were the cheapest place to go.

They are friendly, efficient and really give you a sense that they enjoy what they do and give a damn about the people that park there.

Just my 2 cents
  • n1cn1c
    n1cn1c Posts: 21 Forumite
    Has anybody had any experience of using this company
    help-me-park.com at Gatwick?
    Just starting to look around the minefield that is meet & greet ready for holidays in June :)
  • Hi, I'm also looking into the 'smoothest' parking that I can find for Gatwick for 17 December - 2 January: So far 'EasyParkingSite' is looking attractive, can anybody give any feedback on them?
  • I'd recommend LG. Came in just about the cheapest for an 8 day stay at Gatwick and that included Meet & Greet (4 young kids and checking in at 4am, that's a big deal). Very prompt, no complaints. Rang them as we collected our last piece of luggage when returning and they were at the pick up/set down point before we were.

Would not hesitate in using them again.
  • I booked my holidays about 3 month ago and since then i start looking at airport parking options and amaze to see the prices changes every week. I ahve literly seen different prices from morning to evening and other thing most of the website quote prety much same price for same parking which seem that they have the same sytem (surly not). i came accross some many website over last three month that i almost lost count aph, holiday extra, purple parking, gatwick airport official parking, gatwickparking.co.uk, some of them with very long names as this one gatwick-airport-parking-uk.co.uk how can you rmember these names. In short it is hard to believe how many website are out there for just parking....):p
  • GingerDi
    GingerDi Posts: 846 Forumite
    Looking to book a Gatwick hotel for an early morning flight (check in about 5.25am). I will have 2 young children.
    My choices are APH meet and greet for £51.96 or Ace Meet and Greet for £38.40.
    I've heard of APH obviously but has anyone used Ace? I found them using skyparksecure.com which is one of Martin's links.
  • lordFSA
    lordFSA Posts: 62 Forumite
    What's the latest consensus on these places? Are the negative reviews from a minority of disgruntled customers, or those incidents commonplace? I'd rather park it myself somewhere and take the keys with me, but few places offer that.
  • happyshopper13
    happyshopper13 Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 12 June 2012 at 11:43PM
    Just to put my bit in we have used parkatmyhouse regularly with no problems (touch wood) however we do now live near Gatwick and there are regularly cars parked up for weeks at a time on the local residential streets, unfortunately some of the local kids (i assume) have twigged that nobody seems to notice when these get trashed - theres 2 on the next street with no mirrors and 4 flat tyres.....It wouldn't be a nice way to end your holiday

There's also been a car lifted off our road by police contractors that was left obstructing a driveway
  • mr_grohl
    mr_grohl Posts: 16 Forumite
    Cophall Farm, Great service, been using them 10 years.
    Professional family run business, been around for decades.
    THat's a cheap place that you can trust
  • isocor
    isocor Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 13 June 2012 at 11:55AM
    h t t p s : / / maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=east+grinstead&ll=51.149188,-0.134561&spn=0.005101,0.01929&hnear=East+Grinstead,+West+Sussex,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=51.149182,-0.138482&panoid=Eu0IZCo91HYl4g5Xc4F0cw&cbp=12,103.02,,0,-2.41

Take a stroll up this lane (Antlands Lane West), also notice the field entrance to the right. This is just a public lane with no parking restrictions....

This is just one example of a road near an airport crammed with cars...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback