PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Best websites or cheap books for smoothie recipes

I am getting a smoothie maker and would like some different recipes for inspiration.

Any good websites cheap books and Kindle books please? Not wanting US ones as they list ingredients which are hard to find.

Any tips generally?,

Comments

• torbrex
    torbrex Posts: 71,340
    Combo Breaker First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    My tip is to start with 1 banana, a dozen ice cubes and 100ml of the juice of your choice then add anything else that you like.

Watch out for the fiborous fruits such as orange, mango, pineapple etc the tend to clog up the blades in some machines, when I want to use them, I put them through a chopper first.

A website to look at is allrecipies.co.uk
  • Hi - there are loads of quick and easy smoothie recipes (which I found when I searched Google). A great tip if you have bananas going a bit brown is to chop and freeze them, you can then use these in your smoothies (without the need to use ice). Chuck in a chopped frozen banana, a couple of good tablespoons of low fat yoghurt, a splash of skimmed milk and a teaspoon of honey .... really great healthy one! Any variation of this works, try a sprinkling of cinnamon or try adding a tablespoon of porridge oats too for a more filling (or breakfast type option)!

Enjoy.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Thanks for that. Love the tip about the bananas in the freezer as sometimes a shop near me sells loose bananas which are past selling best for 29p
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I tend to freeze odd berries that are leftover and chuck some of those in - I often have a bag of assorted blueberries, raspberries and blackberries.

Assuming your smoothie maker can process ice why not try some bags of frozen mixed fruit from the supermarket.

i sometimes add some yogurt to my smoothies (although if you then keep them in the fridge I find you need to add a bit of juice or water to thin them out a bit), coconut milk for something tropical - and for a grown up smoothie....a drop of white rum.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family