Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

Comments

• MXW
    MXW Posts: 563 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just an update. After using my perfume for a few days, I can confirm that it does last and smells like the real thing! Excellent!:beer:
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    MXW wrote: »
    Just an update. After using my perfume for a few days, I can confirm that it does last and smells like the real thing! Excellent!:beer:
    I can't wait to get mine to see how good it is, I've had an email today to say my order is completed so hopefully I might get it tomorrow otherwise it'll be Tuesday. I got a couple of the aftershaves to test on my OH first, he can be my guinea pig! :D
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    My order arrived this morning. That is amazing service as I was only speaking to them yesterday afternoon and was told it would be dispatched last night. I have immediately put on Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise which I love so keep the real thing for special occasions. It certainly smells like the genuine article. The packaging is really cute. I will report back on how long the smell lasts etc.
  • anguk
    anguk Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Mine arrived today too and I'm very impressed, they smell just like the real thing. I also got an email from them late last night explaining that the after-shaves shouldn't be used straight after shaving as they don't have alcohol in but giving advice on how to use them. Excellent customer service. :T
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I have now had a chance to "test-drive" all my smell-alikes and they are super. I think the Estee Lauder White Linen is perhaps not as successful as the others. Not unpleasant but perhaps not quite like the real thing but that is just nit picking. The smell really lasts and as it is dispensed via a tiny roller ball, you hardly seem to use any at all.

The service by Perfume Parlour was excellent. I will definitely be back for more. A big thumbs up to the original poster for a terrific find.:T
  • stressedoutmum
    stressedoutmum Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Just receive my four perfumes I ordered and they all smell gorgeous and nice little leatherette drawstring bags to hold them in. Receive within 2 das of ordering (paid using paypal) Can confirm the Curious (Britney Spears)is exactly like the original and the other 3 I have picked are on the recommendations of this site. Well chuffed.
  • freejunkie
    freejunkie Posts: 484 Forumite
    Thanks so much op for starting this link, and anniewoo fantastic find thanks for sharing!!
    I was watching this thread but didnt buy @ first because there was no paypal, now it 's changed, and because the feedback was so positive I ordered a few last week, (Thanks all)
    So just to add my 2pence worth
    Like others I had a little trouble paying with paypal, but I emailed them, they got back to me and it was sorted out, they sent me an invoice. I recieved my order today and am really pleased. Ysatis (for me) The smell is dead on, long lasting (6 hrs), and then did nt fade into a totally different smell after just soften.
    Gucci pour homme I've never smelt the original so cant compare, my bf seems okish about it, he says theres a little difference.
    But for both of us Boss bottled is a winner, really smells like the real thing, and long lasting (6 hrs b4 fading) brilliant!!!
    I will definatly be buying again Thanx all :T
    :j:j:j Wooooo Hooooo :j:j:j
  • gills001
    gills001 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thank you to the op i have received mine, smell totally like the originals just not sure how much to put on.
  • Mariel
    Mariel Posts: 624 Forumite
    I received mine today - fast delivery and amazing stuff! I ordered Angel just because I fancied it, I've never smelt it before then my daughter produced a bottle of the real thing and it was exactly the same. As was Touch of Pink and Flower. Brilliant, I don't think I'll ever buy the real thing again.
  • RoseFairy
    RoseFairy Posts: 736 Forumite
    I noticed that some of Next's perfumes and M&S perfumes are like copies of designer one. Not sure just at the top of my head which is which but if you analyse the packaging and smells they are very similar. eg Nexts: beyond paradise, issay miyake, M&S , Angel, Hugo Boss Red, the new Givenchy one (tall pink bottle)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback