Travel Insurance Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• alied
    Options
    Having looked at 15 or more travel insurance websites and been quoted extortionate premiums, my husband has just found one that doesn't ask you any medical questions and is reasonably priced. As long as you are fit to travel and are not travelling against medical advice, pregnant or have a terminal diagnosis they will cover you. Who are they? AXA PPP Healthcare. £300 for a family of 4, 2 of which have medical conditions that has made getting travel insurance very difficult and expensive in the past. Very helpful people on the end of the phone too.
    Well done AXA.
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,139 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    alied wrote: »
    Having looked at 15 or more travel insurance websites and been quoted extortionate premiums, my husband has just found one that doesn't ask you any medical questions and is reasonably priced. As long as you are fit to travel and are not travelling against medical advice, pregnant or have a terminal diagnosis they will cover you. Who are they? AXA PPP Healthcare. £300 for a family of 4, 2 of which have medical conditions that has made getting travel insurance very difficult and expensive in the past. Very helpful people on the end of the phone too.
    Well done AXA.
    Can you point me at a website? I can only find AXA PPP cover for existing members or AXA cover that does ask about pre-existing conditions.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • koru
    koru Posts: 1,502 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    alied wrote: »
    Well done AXA.
    Looks interesting, but don't you need to be a member? Or does buying the travel insurance make you a member?

What are the specific terms in the policy regarding medical conditions? Could you quote the full wording (or provide a link to the policy)?
    koru
  • koru
    edited 21 April 2017 at 12:20PM
    Options
    EssexExile wrote: »
    Can you point me at a website? I can only find AXA PPP cover for existing members or AXA cover that does ask about pre-existing conditions.
    I think alied is referring to this: https://www.axappphealthcare.co.uk/members/products/pmi/annual-travel-insurance/

But there's very little information there, other than stating:
    "No medical history required; you just have to be medically fit to travel.
    We cover most pre-existing conditions. (Exclusions apply for psychiatric and terminal illness)."

Sounds similar to Eurotunnel, depending on the specific wording in the policy. But they cover outside Europe, which Eurotunnel don't.
    koru
  • koru
    Options
    I think I've found the AXA Healthcare travel insurance policy:
    https://www.axappphealthcare.co.uk/uploadedfiles/widget_items/products/personal/updated/travelcover-handbook.pdf

Seems to confirm it is only for those who already have private healthcover with them.
    koru
  • wibblewibble75
    wibblewibble75 Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 30 May 2017 at 6:41AM
    Options

Hi all
    Hope someone can help with this travel insurance question.
    I have booked a holiday for my family of 4, but also coming with us is my father (he is 69).
    He already has his own annual multi-trip policy so he is already covered for our trip.
    So we just need insurance for the 4 of us. When I buy a policy online I’m wondering if it’s definitely ok for us to have the policy just cover us 4.
    I’m just concerned that, say if we had to cancel the holiday and claim on the policy, is there going to be any problem, when the holiday is booked for 5 people but our insurance is for 4 people.

• koru
    Options

Hi all
    Hope someone can help with this travel insurance question.
    I have booked a holiday for my family of 4, but also coming with us is my father (he is 69).
    He already has his own annual multi-trip policy so he is already covered for our trip.
    So we just need insurance for the 4 of us. When I buy a policy online I’m wondering if it’s definitely ok for us to have the policy just cover us 4.
    I’m just concerned that, say if we had to cancel the holiday and claim on the policy, is there going to be any problem, when the holiday is booked for 5 people but our insurance is for 4 people.

Generally (but check the policy wording), a family policy will cover costs associated with something that happens to another person on the same policy. eg, one family member becomes unwell before travelling, you can probably claim for everyone on the policy to cancel if you wish, or they fall sick during the trip, you may be able to claim costs that you incur as a result, such as staying at a hotel near their hospital, or taxis to the hospital, or excursions you miss because you are at their bedside, or you may be able to claim for someone accompanying them if they are flown home early. I doubt policies would cover this if the person is on a separate policy.
    koru
  • jonquigley
    jonquigley Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All

Can anyone tell me if a couples multi-trip annual policy will cover each partner should they travel separately, or must both parties travel at the same time for the cover to be valid? Thanks in advance
  • Victor_Delta
    Victor_Delta Posts: 462 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jonquigley wrote: »
    Hi All

Can anyone tell me if a couples multi-trip annual policy will cover each partner should they travel separately, or must both parties travel at the same time for the cover to be valid? Thanks in advance
    Covered by our policy but guess you need to check the small print in yours to be sure (or just call them and ask...?).
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jonquigley wrote: »
    Hi All

Ahem:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=33835189&postcount=1

This isn't the place to be asking!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family