Santander - paying a cheque in to current account

I recently changed banks to Santander and have a cheque I need to pay in, I visited the local branch yesterday and it was closed due to the weather. My previous bank issued me with a paying in book and I was able to post cheques rather than visit the bank. Can I do the same with Santander without a paying in book?

Comments

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Lots of banks don't use paying-in books - they don't really serve any useful purpose, after all.

Just write your sort code and account number on the back of the cheque and post it in.

Alternatively, branch-based Santander ATMs might be able to accept cheque deposits?
  • You can deposit a cheque for clearance into your account at any Santander ATM.
    It will take a day longer to clear, than a cheque handed in at the cashiers.
  • You can deposit a cheque for clearance into your account at any Santander ATM.
    It will take a day longer to clear, than a cheque handed in at the cashiers.

(yes it is a bit pedanty)

A day longer in normal circumstances. As it's bad weather it'll be a day longer when they get to it because it'll rely on a human being able to get in and clear the ATM.
    Santander are awful - mission in life is to warn people since 17-Sep-10, 18-Sep-10 realised one of thousands.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure