"Genius is eternal patience."
-Michelangelo

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No info but I'd check google.

You know what they say when something looks too good to be true!
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Lokolo
    Lokolo Posts: 20,861 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    5. Regulation
    Los Pandos Vineyard is not regulated by any UK Financial Services Authority and is not authorised to give investment or tax advice to the public. Investments can carry an element of risk so please also note that past performance is not a reliable guide to future performance and the value of your investment may go down as well as up with all investments being subject to various market conditions.

Take from that what you will....
  • mr_fishbulb
    mr_fishbulb Posts: 5,224 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has something to do with these guys - http://martinclews.com

Quick google doesn't bring up anything that suggests it's bad. It's just the return promised ringing the alarm bells.
  • davetrousers
    davetrousers Posts: 5,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Minimum Investment 5,000
    Invest in Euro, GBP, US Dollar or Swiss Franc

Well US$5000 is quite a bit less than £5000. Seems a bit bizarre.

• steveb1963
    Options
    Investment is in Euros....other currencies will be converted to Euro equivelant.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    Did you really just join to tell us that, or do you have another motive.
    Sorry to doubt you if genuinely trying to help, but if you're ramping this unregulated "opportunity" you will be banned.
  • CannySaver_2
    CannySaver_2 Posts: 482 Forumite
    Options
    Two things ring alarm bells:

1. "Returns fixed at 30 - 39%" that's not quite in the "too good to be true catagory" (I saw something on Twitter yesterday promising 4% per month!) but nevertheless, how are they "fixed" what happens if the return isn't achieved, how is the "fixed" element provider? The usual? OPM? i.e. Other People's Money ;)

2. "SIPP & SSAS approved" THERE IS NO SUCH THING! There is no higher being which approves SIPP and SSAS investments, it is down to each SIPP or SSAS provider i.e. the trustee, to determine whether the investment falls within HMRC guidelines. If you are investing in land then it probably would be, but if you are buying vines then it wouldn't be as its tangible moveable property. Either way there is no such thing as "SIPP approved".

Given the Spanish economy I'd probably avoid this, of course I would have just spent 5 minutes writing this and it's just a ramp by the OP.

The Canny Saver
    Always looking for a good deal on my savings, generally risk averse, but always interested in new ideas and new ways of doing things.
  • steveb1963
    Options
    just seen your smug comment.....I have nothing to do with this investment...just stating information that anyone could have found if they could be assed.....won't bother in future.....
  • penedawn
    penedawn Posts: 32 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have a small investment in Los Pandos, it should be coming back to me soon, I think. I did a lot of research on this as it is a very interesting development. They have spent years developing this model, working with the government and providing jobs for the local community and bringing old vineyards and estates back into use. The paperwork from some of the partners they involved to do work on their behalf is astounding, over my head. Soil, rainfall, etc., etc., and with companies who have worked on huge project overseas. One of their agents used to ring me and chat about it early on but he wasn't that well and recently I have heard nothing, but it is a long term plan with further options as some have mentioned and it is still an ongoing project. You can call them from the UK free or drop them an e-mail and they will give you the low down, whether you are intending to buy or not. There are many other investments with 20-30% and higher options if you look around and particularly under the eco banner. All have a lot of protection and often money goes into Escrow accounts and/or is on load and has backup, however investments are just what they say and one can always lose money. I guess the main thing is if you have the money, can you afford to lose it (as that can be a possibility even in the banks, as we know) but perhaps more importantly just how annoyed are you going to be if you do lose it, for there is no point if you spend even an hour pulling your hair out over it. Have a look at Emerald Knight Website and RE Industry as a couple that I have dealt with. They aren't the only ones, but it gives you an idea of what is available. There are some very interesing projects coming up and in operation in Dubai. Fascinating to research even if you don't invest. It is also useful to plan what you might want to spend it on otherwise you end up with lots of dosh and no plans and then the tax man might get it all in the end! The tax part of it is somewhat fiddly and you do need to keep good accounts or go mad along the way, especially as some developments have similar names and loads of paperwork. Sometimes I don't know which investment I am dealing with and an accountant might be useful, but you still have to provide him with the figures.:T
  • Murrpet
    Options
    My three year investment in Los Pandos was due to mature in January 2014. Having heard nothing I made contact and was informed that there was a delay and this would be resolved in mid-February. We have now reached 19th February and I have still heard nothing. I am now becoming concerned. Has anyone heard anything about Los Pandos recently to allay my concern?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure