PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• chickens11
    Options
    Oh dear ive been thanking people for their welcome to me and ive forgot to put their names in !!..Oh dear you can see that ive not been on here for such a long time , haha ....You all know who im thanking and answering too......Sorry girls ....
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank goodness for that, I thought for one moment that there had been some nasty posts removed! The thought of a troll invasion at our lovely Garden Fence is too horrible to contemplate!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks SHEILA, it's 2 and a bit years now since we had to let him go and I still expect him to bounce down the corridor when I go in from shopping and we still can't sit in his armchair, I miss him so much BUT we both said yesterday that we were beginning to feel that another lurcher in our lives was something we'd welcome when we finally get ourselves moved so perhaps we're turning a corner? We both have had to wait for that feeling that there is enough love to be had for another dog who wasn't Docky before having that thought, think he's working on us from the 'ether' so maybe there is another little scruffy puppy going to be born to keep us company.....watch this space!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No problem chickens, it's just so nice to have you back and to know you're okay. It's always a bit worrying when someone drops off the radar x
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dear Lyn, your post about our Docky reminded me of a piece I once read.

It may even have been on here, but even so I think it bears repetition.

Before humans die, they write their Will and Testament, give their home and all their possessions to those they leave behind.

If with my paws I could do the same, this is what I'd ask.

To a poor, lonely stray I'd give my happy home. My bowl and cosy bed and all my toys.
    The lap that I loved so much.
    The hand that stroked my fur and the sweet voice that spoke my name.

I'd will to the scared shelter cat and dog the place I had in my human's loving heart, of which there seems to be no bounds.

So when I die, please do not say, "I will never have another pet again, for the loss and pain is more than I can bear."

Instead, go find an unloved cat or dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope,
    and give MY place to THEM.

This is the only thing I can give............the love I left behind.

That will do for the Thought for Today.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    MONNA, thank you so very much xxx.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, I've found a good Thought for the Day to go with my last post.

To the world you are just one more rescue person.
    To the rescued pet, you are the world.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • juliettet
    Options
    That is the loveliest thing I have read on here Monna.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ditto - our pets always have a piece of our hearts xx
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • wondercollie
    wondercollie Posts: 1,591 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You lot have made my cry. WonderCollie is slowing down. Getting stiff, turning into an old man dog. Still enjoys short walks and meeting people. But we see him aging in front of us and I'm afraid of the day of his final vet visit. I'm praying he leaves us in his sleep.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback