What's Your Biggest WIN !!!???

Comments

• Mine was a trip to Paris with my husband last October with Nordic Games. We went first class return by eurostar worth £1800 stopped in a 5* hotel overnight (£500) then saw Robbie Williams in an intimate concert (invitation only), got taken out for a meal and drinks and had a wonderful day in Paris the next day.
    March prizes: 6 x Crufts tickets, tickets to Wham live! Heck naked sausages, DVD :D:D:D
  • I won a 32" LCD TV, a PS3 and a game.
  • Mine was £1000 that I won on 7th of August. :j

A month later though and I'm still waiting for the money :(
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Mine was £1000 that I won on 7th of August. :j

A month later though and I'm still waiting for the money :(

Bat times:(
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up. ~Mark Twain :happyhear
    Love to win. Thank you to all who post!:beer:
    £147/£2012
    Gold - iPad Silver - hotel stay [STRIKE]bronze - vouchers[/STRIKE]
  • hotbern
    hotbern Posts: 130 Forumite
    Within my first month of comping I won a Wii when they were really expensive. I went to collect it from the sorting office, without a clue of what it was. I walked 1.5 miles home with it balancing on the top of my son's pram!
    My hubbie won a signed shirt by 15 ex Welsh captains who climbed Kilimanjaro, as he named a new beer.

I haven't actively comped for a year, but your thread and all the tales of amazing wins has inspired me to start again, so thank-you :beer:

Hotbern x.
    June 2009 - Wii; December 2009 - Fortnum & Mason Hamper; 2009 - Little Red Tractor DVD; How to afford time off work book; April 2010 - Mamas & Papas Pram; May 2010 - Imperial Leather Goodies; Jan 2011 - Trivial Pursuit cards; Narnia goodies; VTech cot mobile (stopped comping!) Nov 2011 - Kiddicare cotbed.
  • Ive been comping since July and biggest win yet is £500 ASOS vouchers - I loved this as just started slimming world at the time and soon needed smaller clothes - still holding out for a real biggie (ITV please call lol) x x x
    Ex Comper turned Bargain hunter & Glitch lover :D:D:D
  • COCONUT
    COCONUT Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I won a £5000 holiday to the Maldives in March and I'm going in a few weeks. We've decided to combine it with a trip to Sri Lanka and I'm soooo excited!

There's nothing like the feeling of a telephone call or email telling you you've won a big prize!
    Best win 2011: Maldives Holiday!
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Mine was the McDonalds "Great Tastes of America" comp last year. Won a trip to the USA, worth £6k :eek:, and myself and DH visited NY, San Francisco, Yosemite Park and Vegas in June this year. A 3 week trip in all. DH thanked me everyday for a month :rotfl:
    When I opened the letter and it sank in, I think screamed and run around the house, then I cried for 20 mins in disbelief and posted it in the wrong bit of this forum :rotfl:
    I still can't believe that happened, so ocassionally, I open my scrapbook where it's nicely kept and re-read the winning letter.
    When you think you have no chance winning a comp like that, it means you have EVERY chance, and it's an amazing feeling when it happens :cool: :T

I have to say though, any big win I have had, I have been told by either email or letter. I've never had a winning phone call. Looking forward to getting one though :)
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • kityboo
    kityboo Posts: 320 Forumite
    My biggest is Seat Leon Copa from Europa Cup comp - I got an email to phone re a 'special' prize was a bit skeptical but did so anyway and was absolutely blown away to be told I had won first prize which was a car - WOW although didn't truely believe until I picked up the keys ! Funnily enough hubby doesn't poke fun at my hobby anymore. Keep at at - I had a really poor year last year in terms of wins but had I given up I wouldn't have won the car.

Good Luck
    Jan: £150 Jelly Bean Hamper
  • Lots of pimms stuff - 6 1L bottles of Pimm's, 9 2L bottles of schwepps lemonade, Pimms gazebo, Pimm's bunting, 15 Pimms jugs, 45 Pimms cocktail stirrers, Pimm's picnic blanket
    March Wins: The Twilight Saga the story so far DVD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport