stoozing query

i have egg and marbles cc. just come to the end of stooze with marbles and nearing the egg stooze end. not really sure what to do now... is there any point in keeping the marbles card. should i cancel it and try to get another card. when and how do i know when this anniversiary thing is with egg (9 months is up on 1st september). any advice welcome please
The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable. :eek:

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    joolee wrote:
    i have egg and marbles cc. just come to the end of stooze with marbles and nearing the egg stooze end. not really sure what to do now... is there any point in keeping the marbles card. should i cancel it and try to get another card. when and how do i know when this anniversiary thing is with egg (9 months is up on 1st september). any advice welcome please
    The following is my opinion based on my understanding of the situation. As always, do your own research and read the card issuer's T&C's...

Ditch Marbles, get another 0% card, and BT from Egg. Pass the new card's 0% cash through Egg and onto stooze pot. You've missed a trick though, because you should have got a new card lined up 6 weeks before Marbles ran out and paid Marbles off with a BT, instead of paying them off from the stooze pot.

Egg anniversary starts on the 1st of the month in which your Egg card was either issued or activated (not sure). To be certain, send them a secure message asking them to confirm the month. Do not phone, it's best to have it in writing especially if the date is very close to the beginning or end of the month. Do not do any other BT's to Egg in months 2-5 of the anniversary offer period, and do not make any purchases on the card during this period.

If you don't mind me saying, your questions seem to indicate you're a little "disorganised" with your stoozing. Maybe you should refresh your knowledge by reading Martin's articles on this site and visiting https://www.stoozing.com.

By the way, are you sure you have a 9 month deal with Egg? I thought this years deals were 6 months - at least up to the T&C's change this summer when they gave a 9 month deal to "soften" the blow of the introduction of 2% (max £50) BT fees.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure