PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

How to get Leaseholder Permission

2»

Comments

• OK i am with you, so where do i get a copy of the lease? its not on land registry...
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    You should have received the lease when you purchased.

Are you sure the LR do not have it? It would not be listed where you looked before - it would be referred to within the leasehold Title (which you buy for £3 if you don't already have it.) Usually a comment like 'copy filed'.
  • G_M
    There is a bit on it that says:

Restriction: no transfer or lease of the registered estate by the proprietor of the registered estate is to be registered without a written consent signed by the proprietor for the time being of the charge dated ....

i assume thats solicitor speak for you need permission.
    Yes. But it refers to "the proprietor for the time being of the charge dated...."

Not the lease.

So you need to find & read the Charge dated xxxx. Does it then say 'copy filed'? If so, the LR has a copy which you can apply for £7 here.
  • G_M wrote: »
    Yes.
    No! The OP isn't trying to "[register a] transfer or lease of the registered estate" - the charge is irrelevant.

They want to sublet, create a tenancy. The mortgage lender is saying "we'll only give you permission if you have the freeholder's permission first". I'm saying "check the lease to see whether you actually NEED the freeholder's permission", since if the lease has no such requirement then the mortgage lender might remove theirs.
  • G_M
    Oops! .....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business