IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

TWO UKCPM PCN's

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 27 May 2017 at 4:51PM
    Options
    After paying the first two

They have you on a mugs' list ('wow, this person actually pays us money') and they will be targeting that car now.

These are ex-clampers, knuckle-draggers of the highest order, not people to pay. You made the wrong call and life will be awful now.
    The letter states some interesting points about the Parking Eye Vs Beavis case and that this case was found 6-1 in favour of the parking company over the motorist etc, this is worrying especially if i'm looking to 2nd stage appeal?
    You think they make interesting points about a 2013 - 2015 long-term and well-known case, which was nothing like this scenario, and which some of us were actively involved in, fully aware of, and could have given you far more interesting points about, had you asked? Yes it was found against Mr Beavis, so what? How does that matter in your completely different case?

Wow. We help people defend & win cases all the time, 99% of people here still win you know! Never mind the Beavis case.

Mugs list, sorry, you are still there. Please extricate yourself from 'victim mode' and stop believing their points.

And finally, you are NOT looking to use 'second stage appeal'.

You need to read post #3 of the NEWBIES thread about the IAS. You will NOT be doing that.

This is NOT worrying - except that you have been taken in, hook, line and sinker, and you are still allowing yourself to wriggle on their hook.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Haj
    Haj Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    They have you on a mugs' list ('wow, this person actually pays us money') and they will be targeting that car now.

These are ex-clampers, knuckle-draggers of the highest order, not people to pay. You made the wrong call and life will be awful now.

You think they make interesting points about a 2013 - 2015 long-term and well-known case, which was nothing like this scenario, and which some of us were actively involved in, fully aware of, and could have given you far more interesting points about, had you asked? Yes it was found against Mr Beavis, so what? How does that matter in your completely different case?

Wow. We help people defend & win cases all the time, 99% of people here still win you know! Never mind the Beavis case.

Mugs list, sorry, you are still there. Please extricate yourself from 'victim mode' and stop believing their points.

And finally, you are NOT looking to use 'second stage appeal'.

You need to read post #3 of the NEWBIES thread about the IAS. You will NOT be doing that.

This is NOT worrying - except that you have been taken in, hook, line and sinker, and you are still allowing yourself to wriggle on their hook.

Wow indeed! You've come across like I've been offensive, which my post was certainly not!

I had my reasons to pay the first two PCN's as i stated in my posts earlier, not going into that again and I don't appreciate being called a mug. You may think i'd rather pay these companies as its easier than put up a fight, however couldn't be farther from the truth. Thanks to this forum I've successfully appealed PCN's from BPA members in the past BUT this is my first experience with an IPC member and from what i've read on here the appeals procedure isn't as straight forwardi.e. threatening DCA's letters (potentially for years) plus court visit. Hence why i refer to this as worrying (for me at least) and wondered what the success rate is and also how often/likely it is to end up in court.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have appealed successfully many times to a BPA member but this one seems worrying.
    How many parking charges have you managed to rack up? Are you a serial fly-parker?
    how often/likely it is to end up in court.

UKCPM have become pretty litigious of late. Whether they will issue you with court papers is open to conjecture. But I'd say the chances will have increased considerably this year - especially with 2 tickets.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Car_Park_Management.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Haj
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    How many parking charges have you managed to rack up? Are you a serial fly-parker?

UKCPM have become pretty litigious of late. Whether they will issue you with court papers is open to conjecture. But I'd say the chances will have increased considerably this year - especially with 2 tickets.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Car_Park_Management.html

haha not that many. I was referring to the PCN's i've received over the course of a few years. This time round its hit me hard as i was borrowing a car and the permit wasn't fixed to the screen so on the odd chance i would forget to put it on display. It just so happened i was slack on three occasions inside the space of a month and got punished each time.

Thanks for the info
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Haj wrote: »
    I had my reasons to pay the first two PCN's as i stated in my posts earlier, not going into that again and I don't appreciate being called a mug.

It's not me, I am saying they have you on their mug's list.

You had no reason to pay the first two. It was a bad idea and that's why they are after more. If you hadn't paid them, the sky would not have fallen in, but now they have you down as a victim who can be milked for money on any old excuse.
  • Haj
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    It's not me, I am saying they have you on their mug's list.

You had no reason to pay the first two. It was a bad idea and that's why they are after more. If you hadn't paid them, the sky would not have fallen in, but now they have you down as a victim who can be milked for money on any old excuse.

So does that mean there's no point in appealing the third PCN?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

Appeal it to CPM, it will be rejected, don't bother with IAS, ignore debt collectors, don't ignore court papers. All explained in the NEWBIES sticky thread.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Options

There's no point in appealing any IPC PCN (in the sense that it WILL NOT be cancelled, these are not normal firms, these are ex-clampers who should not be within a million miles of that public car park) but no-one here tells people to pay them.

Come back if they try a small claim. In the meantime, mull over my suggestion from before, to protect the keeper from the threatograms, so that you see any court claim and could write his defence with our help, and properly fight back this time:
    if a person (keeper) is so vulnerable that they can't cope with it then yes.

Or maybe appeal using your address but his name as keeper and write in HIS NAME, telling UKCPM this is the address for service and not to use the old address - at least then you would see every letter, not him. Most cases never go to court so it might then just be a matter of ignoring letters demanding money.

Could appeal in his name with your address, saying that he was not the driver but the driver has every right to park at that location as an employee, given the terms under which the company lease the site, they have primacy of contract and rights of way. I am assuming they do, most modern leases including a car park would extend to rights of way and easements over time (before UKCPM rocked up - and why the heck did they, who needs them?!).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure