Taking Care of My Pennies

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    That's a good reduction in a month :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MrsNotAPenny
    MrsNotAPenny Posts: 426 Forumite
    edited 31 March 2013 at 9:40PM
    Really pleased with that reduction on £555.11!

Although, I'm not complerely sure how I managed it because that mean's I've found £100 from somewhere and I haven't got a clue where! £25 was from Ebay but where's the rest come from? :think:

Oh, wait, I know. I was counting my income up wrong. This four weekly/monthly thing trips me up sometimes! It has been a long long week :rotfl:

Counted up my 20p, 50p, 5p and copper jars. I need to add £1.90 to it and then I can cash £33 on Tuesday, which will be added to the £20 I have left over and the £15 baby stuff sales. Add £32 next week. Then the overdraft will be another £100 less :D

Debt into April: £9932.38.
    Priorty Debt: £250 overdraft

Let's do it!

(ETA: First quarter, overall reduction: £1,646. Averages at £548.66 per month) Happy days! :)
    I'll get there!
  • beanielou wrote: »
    That's a good reduction in a month :grin:

I'd love to keep that up every month! Unlikely but if I have a few months like that for the next year I will be well ahead of myself!x
    I'll get there!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    That would be really amazing if you could keep it up but dont beat yourself up if you cant.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MrsNotAPenny
    Grrr! Wrote a massive long post and MSE ate it!!

Basically:

Debt is down to £9737.48 :j
    (well, it will be when the bank opens and I pay off another £100 of my overdraft!)

This months targets:

Pay off O/D - £150 left to go
    Get Bcard down to £3,834.60 - Done
    Get C/C2 down to £1,627.50 - Only £37 to go
    Make usual Loan payment - done around 26th

The I had a moan about the loan being £4,003 at the end of the month and how much that £3 on the end would annoy me!

Then I was pleased that I MIGHT start June with an EIGHT at the front of my debts! AN EIGHT! Had a wee excited moment about that, then said I was off to update my debt record on the first page. Which is now where I'm at.

The sun is out, at last. Happy days!x
    I'll get there!
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Well done MrsNAP, youre doing so well :T x
    Mummytogirls x

• Claree__x
    Claree__x Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    Way to go! I was looking at your spends and thinking "That's a lot on toiletries etc.." but then I seen how much you'd shaved off your debt and thought fck it - she deserves it!! :)
  • Claree__x wrote: »
    Way to go! I was looking at your spends and thinking "That's a lot on toiletries etc.." but then I seen how much you'd shaved off your debt and thought fck it - she deserves it!! :)

:rotfl:

I know, it's a huge amount. First spend of the year though and I really did get a good deal on the make up (2 mx factor lipsticks for £10.99!) £7 was for a huge bottle of *cringe* anti dandruff shampoo! No matter how poor I am, there's no way Im giving up that stuff! :)

So, overdraft paid. The woman said 'if only we had more customers like you, not many people asking to reduce their limits' I almost laughed in her face, more like me? If only you knew! She was lovely and it felt amazing walking out of that bank £100 less in debt!

I'd also allowed myself £20 for a new outfit for my first night out of the year. I only spent £7 on a cheap pair of skinny jeans and £1 on earrings. I have plenty tops and shoes. Felt proud and to celebrate we spent £1 on 5 cartons of juice. Means i can pay the window cleaner tonight rather than avoiding him until tomorrow and get to SW today rather than waiting until next week (and pay double!), missed my class yesterday due to the horrible tummy bug my kids kindly shared!

£3.60 for the bus on top of that. Miffed my Healthy Start Vouchers haven't arrived, they're due today. Oh well, hopefully tomorrow!xx
    I'll get there!
  • Claree__x
    Claree__x Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    I can't say anything about it, I have a ridiculous addition to MAC - which will now have to stop as soon as my current batch runs out. I felt so guilty the other day buying a nail varnish though, this not spending is addicting lol!
  • MrsNotAPenny
    How about getting MAC for Christmas/Birthdays Claree? I've been getting Benefit vouchers for the last couple of years, feels like a proper guilt-free treat then. I've been giving Avon product a try, their BB cream is really good for day time. Oh nail polish! I've been avoiding buying any because once I start I just can't stop! :o(desperate for a new coral colour for spring, but I'm putting it off as long as possible)

Just logged on to say how nice it was this morning, when checking online banking, to see my regular account at -£30 rather that -£170! I'm sure it will be even better when I'm in the black. This will be my last week of having an overdraft. Maybe not forever because I can see how they can be a good idea, I'm just not able to use it properly, so it has to go (a bit like my biscuit tin!)

3 NSD's so far! Not giving myself a target this month, just trying to be more aware of the days I spend money. First night out of the year tonight :D I have a £30 budget (woah there!) £15 of which will probably have to be spent on a taxi home!

Also have money put aside for a day out with DS1, getting some rare quality time with each DS this Easter, so we're pushing the boat out and getting on the train to Edinbugh, going to the Muesum and having a McD's dinner. He's only 4, so this will be the best day out ever in his eyes :heart:

DS2 we will go to the local swimming baths and I'll leave his pushchair at home, he'll love being able to sit at the back of the bus - like a 'big boy'. :heart:

So, £40 maximum for those two days out with them and maybe before Easter is over we might dip into the shopping budget and go to the Kids Screening at the cinema, £6 for the 3 of us and a couple of £'s for juice and crisps. That'll be this months extra £50 gone, but not wasted.

I hope the are as easy to treat when they get a bit older, unlikely!
    I'll get there!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport