Can I claim on a closed account, no account number?

Comments

• I had an account with the Halifax for 20 years, this account is now closed as I have transferred banks, am I able to re-claim my charges on a closed account?
  • Yes you can, just follow the steps on the main page.
  • Hi

I closed my hailfax and hsbc due to bank charges, do i need to put a list of address i lived at as i dont have any information on sort codes and account details!
    Cheers for any help
    You be lucky:T
  • LozBingley
    LozBingley Posts: 580 Forumite
    Hi

I closed my hailfax and hsbc due to bank charges, do i need to put a list of address i lived at as i dont have any information on sort codes and account details!
    Cheers for any help

They should be able to find you from your name and date of birth. You will need to fill in a change of address form once they have found you so its best popping into a branch to find out your details and filling in the change of address form there and then. Dont forget to take some id with you :)
    Got It & Spent It :dance:
    IKEA CARD = £120 charges = £175 received (146%)
    MARBLES = £450 charges = £370 received (82%)
    I.F. = £494 charges = £494 received (100%)
    CAPITAL ONE = £981 charges = £1,489.03 (152%)
    BARCLAYCARD = £580 charges = £786.12 (136%)
    On Hold :mad:
    A+L = £722 charges (target = 147%)
    BARCLAYS = £1,405 charges (target = 128%)
    BARCLAYS = £175 charges (target = 140%)
    ABBEY = £3,220 charges (target = 148%)
  • I am trying to claim back charges on a joint bank account which has now been closed. Is this possible? The account was closed about a year ago due to the fact that separate accounts were set up. Is it possible to take advantage of the claim back even if your account has been closed, but you still retain an account with the same bank.
  • Yes is the answer, unless your partner has beaten you to it :)
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • I had a Barclays Personal Account & Buisness Account which I closed 7 years ago, can I still claim back charges from them? I don't have any of the statments can I still get them from Barclays Bank?

Thankyou
  • There are arguments that the statute of limitations act can be got around if you argue on the basis of concealment. However at the moment 6 years is recommended as pre 6 years is not an art form with a few cases that have won. Worth getting the statements though.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • Evening all.

Can someone point me in the right direction, I want to reclaim my charges from Amex, but the account was closed prob about 3 yrs ago and I have no statements going back that far. What is the best way to get the account number? I've tried calling them, but they say that they can't give me the number.

Cheers

Rodders
    Save the cheerleader........ Save the world........:confused:
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Send the template letter from Martin's article asking for all the information held about you under the DPA with £10 and give any relevant addresses and your date of birth and they should be able to find your account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure