Every day dilemma...!

Comments

• HeadAboveWater
    HeadAboveWater Posts: 3,941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm £10.10 up today from signing up to the free Equifax trial yesterday :D

And going to the bank at lunch time to lodge money... Counted out my shrapnel that I throw into a tin every day - £55 :D:D
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Oh how lucky am I that I only get a fifteen minute break all day?:D

Just enough time to swallow a quick sarnie, a cuppa and a quick read of the paper.

I should thank my boss for saving me money.:rotfl:
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • HeadAboveWater
    :) I could skip morning break and lunch time altogether and go home an hour early :)
  • HeadAboveWater
    I'm quids up today already! :D

Got £12.12 from TopCashBack for signing up to free trial of NetFlix :j
  • Im the same! I work full time and there is a shopping centre a 10 min walk from work with M & S outlet and lots of other bargainous shops. So tempting and I pretend Im going for a walk then buy something (yesterday got bras for £2.50 each) and think Ooh Ive saved loads of money there. To stop myself I now go to Zumba one dinner time ok its £3 but Il be fit(ish), if its a nice day there is a little park area by work with benches so I take a book and sit in the sun. Some days I walk round the block away from the shops and have a nosey in the new houses they are building nearby.

My other problem is now Im full time I dont have as much time for cleaning/food shopping so seem to be popping into supermarkets more on my way home and buying "stuff". Need to get more disciplined with this too.
    I have every possession I want. I have a lot of friends who have a lot more possessions. But in some cases I feel the possessions possess them, rather than the other way round
  • HeadAboveWater
    ha ha :) You ARE just me! lol

Keep having to tell the partner 'It's only a bargain if you actually need it' :rotfl:

Zumba is great but I only get 45 mins and I'd need a shower after too :p Unless there was a half hour class nearby... *goes searching*

Think walking AWAY from the shops is the only solution for me! Or don't carry ANY cash at lunch time. Or lock myself in the office :)

I'll also bring a book in with me so I can read it if and when the weather is sunny :)
  • emmaglet
    emmaglet Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I get bored at work and do online shopping, but I also do some money making things - like I'll blog, read MSE, go on Swagbucks or any survey site. I still LOOK at things online but try not to buy them. I also look for mystery shopping jobs and do reports at work.

I work in a small village with just a One Stop so I'm not going to be much help with not spending at lunch time!
    I like to make money
    Best wins: £3,000 luxury holiday, holiday in Cornwall, £250 Murad Skincare hamper, angle grinder

:j Make £10 a day challenger - it pays for trips to Florida! :j
  • I'm the same - will think i'll get out of the office for an hour, and by the time I get back i'm loaded up with bags of stuff that i didn't really need!

Is there anyone in work who has the same lunchhour as you? perhaps you could both nip up town together to get away from pc screens, but won't be able to dart into shops to buy things as there is someone else with you.

I sometimes take my lunch to work in parts so that i have to assemble it once I am in work, which takes me away from the desk for a bit and means by the time I'm done making up my salad i don't have time to hit the shops.
  • HeadAboveWater
    I'm on MSE all day now! At least that way I'm not spending money!! lol :D

Tried SwagBucks but got the impression that without FB or Twitter I hadn't a mission so ditched it. MySurvey is ok. Think I've about £5 in paypal now :j

Always get stuff I don't need :( It's always a just-in-case purchase! lol I seem to buy stuff I will need maybe a month down the line, eg toiletries, rather than wait til I've actually run out. In which case I sometimes forget and buy another replacement when I do run out... :o

Sometimes its a curse of having someone with me when in town. If I do actually go into a shop and try something out, they're never gonna say 'It's awful: don't get it!'. They'll always compliment, say it looks great, and encourage you to buy!! lol :rotfl:
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Kantankrus_Mare Posts: 6,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Try again with the Swagbucks.............hell I wish I could do it at work!!

I only joined mid May and have had £20 in amazon vouchers so far.

I agree it seems a little confusing initially and I dont do facebook or twitter either.

Do you do superpoints?
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure