Warning - Brew It Yourself (aka The Online Shopping Co)

Options

Comments

• Beamer525
    Options
    Already done this, I just got a mail back saying I should now be able to post a review but still not working.

I bet that post on their forum wont see past 9am today :rotfl:

Not to sure then, I got 2 emails from The-online-homebrew-company with different validation codes.It seems some people can now leave a review without a code and some can't.

Maybe try Hasse or Kasper again at Trustpilot.

I see loads of the positive ones have now been flagged as dubious.
  • Essex_Lad1981
    Options
    Seems a new review page is now available on Trust Pilot, search for "The Online-homebrew-forum"
  • Essex_Lad1981
    Essex_Lad1981 Posts: 108 Forumite
    edited 17 February 2012 at 9:44AM
    Options
    Beamer525 wrote: »
    Not to sure then, I got 2 emails from The-online-homebrew-company with different validation codes.It seems some people can now leave a review without a code and some can't.

Maybe try Hasse or Kasper again at Trustpilot.

I see loads of the positive ones have now been flagged as dubious.

Did sent a mail to Hasse and got a reply from Kasper (both very helpful) so Im sure it will get sorted.

Make sure you leave a review on the other page ;)
  • Tarmac---
    Options
    I bet that post on their forum wont see past 9am today :rotfl:

Yep, already gone.

I'm amazed I still have an account on that forum. I've linked this thread in my signature and they still haven't picked up on it.

Oy Damon! Wake up! Even patrolling your forum - the one thing you used to do well - is slipping! Up your game man. Oh and give people their money back too.
  • DR_Paul
    Options
    Of the 5 major homebrew wholesalers only 1 will deal with them - Ritchies - don't know why, but I can guess.

If you are missing anything i.e. yeast, give Ritchies a call on 01283 564 161 and complain to them. They make Beaverdale etc, so it is their job to fix it, since tohc do not communicate!!

Why not just phone and complain to them anyway as they are obviously supporting this company

Their number is 01283 564 161
  • Essex_Lad1981
    Options
    DR_Paul wrote: »
    Of the 5 major homebrew wholesalers only 1 will deal with them - Ritchies - don't know why, but I can guess.

If you are missing anything i.e. yeast, give Ritchies a call on 01283 564 161 and complain to them. They make Beaverdale etc, so it is their job to fix it, since tohc do not communicate!!

Why not just phone and complain to them anyway as they are obviously supporting this company

Their number is 01283 564 161

Thats good to know :beer:
  • DR_Paul
    Options
    I am setting up a web site specifically to deal with these people in a co-ordinated way. I will publish full details next week. I hope we can get enough written complaints to present a class action against them through trading standards. A forum dedicated to them may also help.
  • DR_Paul
    Options
    Also people should complain to the advertising standards authority. The back to back sales are misleading and counters rigged.
  • DR_Paul
    Options
    Bye the way - I recommend Goodlife Homebrew.

http://www.goodlifehomebrew.com
  • Si8723
    Si8723 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    OK, the good news:
    I have finally got a refund :j
    You can now rate them directly in TrustPilot using a valid order number.:j

My comments..

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT ORDERING FROM THEM
    :mad:

This company are scammers. Stock levels quotes are fake. There "good" reviews have been written by them - they even completed them under the directors names!
    No phone support and they sometimes reply to emails, even then it's with a response saying we have passed your query onto the relevant department.
    They run several online companies, I have seen bad reviews about all of them along the same lines.
    I eventually got a refund for my order which never arrived and was always going in and out of stock, it took months and a lot of persistence and finally happened when I told them I was going to Trading standards and my credit card company to charge back. I did contact them anyway,

Trading standards have advised me:
    "As a result of previous notifications I can confirm that Southend Trading Standards are currently looking into the trading practices of this company and are in discussion with colleagues from other outside agencies regarding possible breaches of criminal law that fall under Trading Standards remit. If further information is required from you, either ourselves or our colleagues will contact you.
    If you would like any further advice on your rights and taking your case forward you should contact Consumer Direct either by email at the website or by phone on 08454 040506. Consumer Direct also add the details to a national database of complaints which all Trading Standards offices can access. This allows us to build up a national picture of problem traders. Please make sure you include your home address so that they can notify your local Trading Standards office (as well as us). Also please mention what method of payment you used, as payment by certain cards give you more rights.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

Good luck to those tring to get refunds.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure