Free cinema tickets - Codes only, No discussion

Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
edited 14 January 2014 at 2:52PM in Freebies (no spend required)
[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

This thread's been going a very very long time and it's great. We want to keep it that way though so as we've had reports it's causing technical problems for some people we've started a fresh new one to help.

Can you post new ones on the new thread please? Thank you!
Shiny new Cinema Codes thread

MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:
There are lots more offers and deals in the Cheap Cinema Tickets and Days Out Deals Notes.

Back to the original post....

Update Note November 2007

This was originally in the weekly email in February 2007. However it got so long it was causing technical problems so we've re-started it here.

What's the deal?

There are a host of hidden companies that allow you (and a friend) to see films for free, and before they're released; often thousands of tickets are available. These agencies work as publicists with the intention of getting people to spread the word about the films they see. It's good psychology, after all if you've seen something for nothing, you may be more favourable to it - meaning your friends may pay to see it.

The Main Agencies

The following are the main agencies, sign up to their email addresses so you'll be notified of the screenings. Be aware that you're likely to get some 'third party' promotional stuff through to the same address, that's the price you pay. You could use a second e-mail address for this sort of material; many freebie hunters do this as a matter of course. You can set up a Hotmail or Gmail account in minutes, just be sure to check it occasionally! (see this week's gmail tip for info)
  • SeeFilmFirst. SeeFilmFirst offers the most tickets, with usually one or two films a month available. It also distributes tickets to third-party promoters, and when there are some tickets left afterwards, it allows you to claim them too (if you're quick enough!)
  • The Film Factory. The Film Factory, which is owned by Buena Vista (Disney), offers similar promotions to members that sign up to its email list.
  • Momentum. MomentumScreenings is the preview screenings wing of Momentum films. There's not so much going on this site, but it's worth logging in intermittently to see if anything pops up.
How do I then get to see a film?

When preview screenings become available, you'll recieve a code in your email which you can use to redeem tickets on the relevant website. Just type it in and follow the on-screen instructions to claim tickets. You'll usually get two tickets for each screening. They're non-transferable, so if you want to swap them you'll need to change the booked name by email.

See latest codes reported below

Many people publish the latest codes for films below (wonderfully kept in order by MoneySaver Heatherw_01), to use them you need to be registered with the above sites anyway. This thread is just for codes, if you want to discuss offers go to Free cinema tickets discussion thread

Related Articles

Pay Less For Going Out article for more plenty more ideas about entertainment MoneySaving.
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 31 January 2012 at 1:57PM
    Please can you post all offers for cinema screenings/free tickets in this thread.

Please try to include the date of the screening in your post.

Only post theatre tickets in this thread on the freebies board.

Please can you try to keep this thread for the free cinema tickets only, so that people can find the offers easily :)

When seefilmfirst showing runs out of tickets, they often add more later so it's worth keeping trying.

Please keep your discussion and questions here. This thread is for posting codes only.

If you wish to thank someone, just click the thanks button instead of posting thanks.

Please note that swapping of tickets should not be posted as it is against the site rules to exchange personal details. See here.

If you obtained your tickets via seefilmfirst, you should email them so they can re-allocate your tickets.
    If by change you cannot make it to a screening, we can give your ticket to someone else. Please let us know by e-mail on [EMAIL="icantgo@seefilmfirst.com"]icantgo@seefilmfirst.com[/EMAIL]
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lorweld
    lorweld Posts: 5,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Guys please send a polite pm to those that may be unaware that no chat is allowed in this thread.

By posting in here no chat etc, it's counterproductive to the message intended.

:hello:
  • RE: SKY PERKS CODES
    Sky perks codes only work if you login to MySky, then navigate to SkyPerks
    1. Go To- https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky
    2. Log In
    3. Go To- https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky/perks

Please let this post be added permantally to the thread in some way
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 26 November 2009 at 1:47PM
    Please post any theatre ticket offers in this thread.

This thread is just for cinema tickets
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I've been passed a number of reports about these "code, not chat" threads. Firstly, let's put this into a little perspective and be adult about the situation. It's a thread on a forum, so there really is no need to fall out, argue or get upset by it. This is a thread for cinema codes and people chatting here makes the information posts a lot harder to see. That said, if someone spots a condition that is likely to affect someone, the odd post here and there to point this out is helpful and actually a time saver. If people generically chat, or constantly take this thread off topic then they are disrupting the nature of the thread and will be dealt with accordingly. Lastly, I've been informed people are sending other shouty and aggressive PMs to others. Please don't; it's completely unnecessary and only causes further bad blood. Use the "abuse" button if you feel we need to see something.

A little give and take and perhaps a bit of oversight as to the big picture - i.e. that everyone is effectively on the same side to get free cinema viewing would work wonders here. I really hope we don't have to deal with this again. A little common sense here would seemingly go a long way.

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
    edited 22 September 2010 at 12:07PM
    Morning!

Just a quick, gentle reminder this thread's for codes and that there's a separate, dedicated chat thread.
    Thanks!
    Andrea

Join the MSE Forum
  • Hi everyone

Keep it friendly and on-topic please with no chat.

Thank you and have a good evening!

Andrea :)

Join the MSE Forum
  • We've been over this before.

This thread is for codes, but let's be adult about it. If someone asks the odd genuine question that is pertinent to getting help with a free code, all you have to do is ignore and scroll past it if you don't like it, or answer it if you can help. We're a forum meant to help people, not cause arguments.

If people are taking the thread off topic continuously, or being disruptive, please ONLY report to abuse and don't respond. Likewise, I take a pretty dim view of anyone posting to make a narky point, then deleting it quickly as if it never happened. We can see these and it's childish, frankly.

I've warned on this before, and will simply reiterate that we will start blocking accounts that cause problems for any of these reasons on what should be such a pleasant and friendly topic, namely getting to the cinema for free.

Let's draw a line under this and move on.

Follow @MSE_Forum on twitter
    Join the MSE Forum
    New forum user? Watch our New to the Forum? Youtube guide
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • hecticc
    hecticc Posts: 74 Forumite
    https://rewards.sky.com/skyloyalty/home ... index.html

6.15pm for 7.15pm (including red carpet footage)

BELFAST - Dublin Road
    BIRMINGHAM - GREAT PARK
    BOLTON
    BRISTOL - CINEMA DE LUXE
    CRAWLEY
    DUBLIN
    EDINBURGH
    GLASGOW
    GLASGOW RENFREW STREET
    GREENWICH - THE O2
    LEEDS LIGHT
    LEICESTER - CINEMA DE LUXE
    NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
    NOTTINGHAM
    PLYMOUTH
    PORTSMOUTH
    SHEFFIELD
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    hecticc wrote: »
    https://rewards.sky.com/skyloyalty/home ... index.html

6.15pm for 7.15pm (including red carpet footage)

BELFAST - Dublin Road
    BIRMINGHAM - GREAT PARK
    BOLTON
    BRISTOL - CINEMA DE LUXE
    CRAWLEY
    DUBLIN
    EDINBURGH
    GLASGOW
    GLASGOW RENFREW STREET
    GREENWICH - THE O2
    LEEDS LIGHT
    LEICESTER - CINEMA DE LUXE
    NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
    NOTTINGHAM
    PLYMOUTH
    PORTSMOUTH
    SHEFFIELD

https://rewards.sky.com/skyloyalty/home/screenings/dark-knight-rises-sky-movies-screening/index.html
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure