IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Paying Fines

MW1974
MW1974 Posts: 23 Forumite
edited 7 January 2018 at 11:53AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hi, just looking for some guidance re paying a fine.

The driver has received a ticket on their windscreen with a PCN from UKPC for £60 if paid within 14 days or £100 within 28 days. All standard stuff.

Having read through numerous threads an appeal seems pointless in this particular instance so they're going to make payment. When the 'notice to keeper' arrives are you given 14 days / £60 option again or does it only apply to the windscreen ticket? The 14 day for the windscreen PCN expires in a few days so they don't want to miss out if it's only offered once. If it's also offered on the NTK then they're happy to wait and drag it out a bit.

Also, are these firms payments systems secure? Or should you always send a cheque rather than pay online.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Don't think you will get much help in best way to pay PCS charges on this forum.
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Your reduced rate of £60 will run out after 14 days and won't be repeated again.

Are you sure you don't want to fight?
    This forum would always say it is always worth fighting?
    99% of forum cases going to court are won.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    It is not a fine.

I'm not sure why you think it is not worth appealing. Nobody here will give you advice about paying scammers that were caught doctoring time stamps on their photo' "evidence."

The keeper should appeal the PCN before day 26 as advised in the NEWBIES thread as the scammers may then forget to send the NTK.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • MW1974
    Most recent threads don't seem to suggest an appeal is worthwhile because it will get rejected. But you think it's worth appealing anyway as it might get lost in the malaise? The driver was parked in an outlet village and the ticket was for 'leaving the site', the driver doesn't have any clear evidence to suggest otherwise but I guess, neither does the PPC to suggest thet they HAD left the site. the ticket states the attendant had 'reasonable cause'.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2018 at 12:37AM
    Everyone is politely asked not to start a thread until they have read up on this in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum

Go there now to get an understanding of this game.

There is a good reason to appeal - which is to get a POPLA code.

Instead of being defeatist please get stuck in to that thread!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,535 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    MW1974 wrote: »
    Most recent threads don't seem to suggest an appeal is worthwhile because it will get rejected. But you think it's worth appealing anyway as it might get lost in the malaise? The driver was parked in an outlet village and the ticket was for 'leaving the site', the driver doesn't have any clear evidence to suggest otherwise but I guess, neither does the PPC to suggest thet they HAD left the site. the ticket states the attendant had 'reasonable cause'.
    It is for the PPC to prove the alleged transgression, not for the vehicle's keeper to prove the driver stayed on site.

Was the driver, and other occupants of the car, followed around the site until they left?

This is an easy one to win.
  • MW1974
    Sorry for sounding thick but where is this 'newbies' thread? I've read lots of others that make mention of it but not this one.
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Purple starred thread above your in the list of threads... (It is stuck to the top hence the word sticky) :)
  • "The driver was parked in an outlet village and the ticket was for 'leaving the site'"

My car was ticketed for the same reason today. I do have from the driver of my car a receipt for a 2018 year planner brought before they noticed the ticket but an hour after it was issued. As suggested by a thread linked by the noobs thread I just read I will be going to the shop tomorrow and throwing my toys out of the pram. Apparently they can get it cancelled. If they don't I will be posting on their face book page. From what I understand the golden rule is don't say who was driving. I have seen pictures taken by the driver of my car and although the signs are big and well placed the clause that the ticket was issued under is in small writing and can NOT be read from the car. Seems you have to stand under it, the sign is said to be 8 ft of the ground. I will see tomorrow.

This is the lower car park of the Newport cinema isle of wight.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    "The driver was parked in an outlet village and the ticket was for 'leaving the site'"

My car was ticketed for the same reason today. I do have from the driver of my car a receipt for a 2018 year planner brought before they noticed the ticket but an hour after it was issued. As suggested by a thread linked by the noobs thread I just read I will be going to the shop tomorrow and throwing my toys out of the pram. Apparently they can get it cancelled. If they don't I will be posting on their face book page. From what I understand the golden rule is don't say who was driving. I have seen pictures taken by the driver of my car and although the signs are big and well placed the clause that the ticket was issued under is in small writing and can NOT be read from the car. Seems you have to stand under it, the sign is said to be 8 ft of the ground. I will see tomorrow.

This is the lower car park of the Newport cinema isle of wight.

You need to read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then start your own thread if you need further help.

Use the grey Forum Jump "GO" button in the top or bottom right of this page to find the NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business